test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A vetrans thoughts to cryptic.

chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
First let me start off by saying thank you for all the time put into developing LoR. The Romulan experience is so much better then I expected from the early beta run. You've given players a new faction-ish and new mechanics and PvE content. Lets not mention the fact that I'm overjoyed to hit a few klinks back for what they did in the past. This is an amazing experience. The thing is with the introduction I think you short changed the beta time. Everything should have been in testing at the least a month and a half prior to release. not a half finished product with less then a month to go. to say nothing of taking far too long for an open beta for stress testing purposes. But alas that's the past and can't be changed...unless you possess a timeship.

That said there are a host of bugs live as well as server stability issues everywhere. Part of the routine everyday so far was to take the server down to do some kind of maintenance, that's all well and good but you've not really released a patch in a while that can address the actual underlying issues. Many players seem not just affected but seem to be brought to a breaking point. Some players like myself have been lucky enough to not see any of these bugs but I can say they are there. The random "Emergency Maintenance" you guys do every day doesn't seem to be cutting it. I purpose that the server be taken down for about a day so you guys can get the problems sorted.

So I am also looking forward to the upcoming patches to see what bugs are fixed. I hope the players are wrong when they suggest that the new bug fixes are the "seasons". S7 has been out for a few months prior to LoR and still some bugs are there even still, like the Tau Dewa RA. Right now anything else that's "new" should be on the back burner until most of these bugs are squashed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my thoughts on the subject;

1. cryptic quality? 4/10
    2. customer satisfaction on a whole? 2/10
    3. expansion quality? 5/10

all three are linked in that if cryptic had picked up the slack the ratings would be a lot more better and frankly they should of tried especially knowing full well what they were expecting from a likely scenario like this. i know business tactics better then this, they would of had something in place, right now, nothing... unless this whole wasting time with the server instability business was the test that cryptic was looking for to see if they should keep LoR -- a bit twisted for sure, assuming..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my thoughts on the subject;

1. cryptic quality? 4/10
    2. customer satisfaction on a whole? 2/10
    3. expansion quality? 5/10

The current problems they are facing could have been drastically reduced through proper vigorous (ie: allowing ALL functions on tribble to be tested) beta testing.

And even then, many of the problems being reported had been known during closed and open beta.

Cryptic is starting to put me in the mind of a raging bull who charges mindlessly towards its target forgetting everything else around it. And whilst that's certainly an admirable trait in SOME situations, its definitely not in all.
  • Options
    m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played my Romulan to VA.. I've got 4 episodes to go, I've been 50 since "Of Bajor", and I skipped the defense of new romulus episode because I really got tired of spawn dying a million times.

I really like the LoR, but my main gripe is that they kind of dove tailed into the same episodes I ran as a fed or klingon character. The episodes are not faction specific and I realize that a lot of it is because of endgame storytelling, but I would have liked to have seen something a little different. Most players probably have at least one character at VA, so it seems like the same old thing and I really didn't feel like I was helping the Romulan cause when I was walking on top of DS9 (still my favorite episode). I would have also liked to have seen the level cap raised 10 levels to be a full admiral (mostly because it seems like they only thing I'm doing the episodes for is to get decent gear to hit STFs eventually), but that's just my opinion..

I think server stability will improve as time goes by. I don't intend on cancelling my sub because I do enjoy the game when I can play it. Even the end game grind.