test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Generic Boffs Contact from Ship

designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
BUG:

In a mission where a dialog contact is a ship bridge officer on a ground map, generic officers are used despite having suitable officers assigned aboard the ship.

Description:

In a mission that has republished from pre LoR a group of space bridge officer dialog contacts of different disciplines (ENG/SCI) while used on ground no longer work as before contacting officers left aboard the ship. Instead generic placeholders are used, like when you do not have enough officers to fill the rolls. Unable to open the editor to see if anything has changed behind the curtain or check with other projects to see if problem exists there.

Mission ID ST-HDCKGPZ53
"Distressed Calls" @XR-377

CATEGORY :

Dialog.

How to reproduce (Assumed)

1- Create Ground map dialog.
2- Select contact image to Bridge officer of any space discipline.
3- Open dialog while having a crew aboard the ship that fills the requirement (EX: A Sci officer not on the away team).

In Mission ID used for bug report, "Farseer Lower Deck" (second map). In the dialog following "Push the Big Blue Button" after Klingon and Captain dialog where hostages are being discussed with player. (A little off the wall and deep in a dialog tree. Apologize for that)

####

Commentary

With the romulus changes to how dialogs are displayed, I wanted to check my missions, this is the only one active I have that I could. I can't check to see if It is reproducible or what not since the downtime is in effect.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    The tech changes needed to get the named Boffs like Tovan Kev to work have had this side effect. So this is a known acroos the board issue, not just a Foundry problem. AFAIK, we're still trying to work out a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is that also the reason that the Romulan BOffs do not show up at all on the Character select screen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    is that also the reason that the Romulan BOffs do not show up at all on the Character select screen?

Mine showed up after I set them as the default away team. You might want to check that first.

I've had some situations where "random" BOffs contact me, but they're actually named, which I think is kind of cool. Much better than a generic Ensign.

Edit: It did make me go "Who the heck is that guy / gal?", but I still think it's cooler than a generic NPC.
  • stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do us all a favor and revert the changes made to handle said named boffs. And get rid of those boffs altogether, while you're at it.
  • jarikithjarikith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    I believe I had to hit level 11 and then they started showing. Seems intentional as my new made KDF officer, still pre-11 also does not have bridge crew showing on the select screen, nor does my old pre LoR pre-11 Fed officer have them showing either.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the update on the issue for the Foundry. Hope it gets taken care of but hey, working train and progress... or something.

So long as it improves, worth the bumps in the road.

Sure, I'll go with that one. xD
This discussion has been closed.