test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's with the INSANE *cooldown* of the haakona separation?

atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
So, I just hit 50 and got me my haakona from my legacy pack....aannnd.....

The cooldown is absurd. Ten minutes for the section you separate, and 5 minutes for the other section. I don't know for certain but my fleetmates tell me that the mva doesn't even have a cooldown.

What is up with this?
Post edited by atticusmas on

Comments

• alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atticusmas wrote: »
    So, I just hit 50 and got me my haakona from my legacy pack....aannnd.....

The cooldown is absurd. Ten minutes for the section you separate, and 5 minutes for the other section. I don't know for certain but my fleetmates tell me that the mva doesn't even have a cooldown.

What is up with this?

The MVA does infact have a cooldown... your Fleet Mates are quite wrong.

However, this sounds about right, as far as cooldown is concerned, compared to MVA.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same Bullsh`t as with the MVAM, ppl dont want a 10 minute cooldown, they want to re-use it instantly when they blow up if they want. Its just to annoy players, and cryptic doesnt listen.

So far for the Legacy pack being awesome.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well sigh, I'll just suck it up
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep that sounds about the same as the MVAM attack modes, the one you use is 10 and the other 2 are 5 minutes I think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • b0ddahb0ddah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to hear, but glad I seen this. I was about to buy the Haakona, but I only want to run the Assault portion, I don't want to run the Sci part, and I'm not interested in keeping them put together. Basically, if I can't exclusively run it in Assault mode, I don't think I'm interested :(
  • kregorkregor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, you also have to remember that there is no time limit on the Haakona separation (as far as I've seen).

Even death keeps you separated (though, if the "pet" dies, you have to recombine, then separate again to bring it back).

So, really, unless you're prone to letting the pet die (by lack of holding aggro, or killing threats to it's immediate safety) the cooldown is fine.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    b0ddah wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, but glad I seen this. I was about to buy the Haakona, but I only want to run the Assault portion, I don't want to run the Sci part, and I'm not interested in keeping them put together. Basically, if I can't exclusively run it in Assault mode, I don't think I'm interested :(

Then why bother with the Haakona at all? Just get a Fleet Ha'Feh and be done.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • b0ddahb0ddah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Then why bother with the Haakona at all? Just get a Fleet Ha'Feh and be done.

Yeah, I'm planning on it. Tier 5 Shipyards don't happen overnight though.

Thanks Kregor, that was my main concern, seperation after death.
  • drliriodrlirio Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In a MVAE when you die you respawn with the whole ship, not separated. And the cd is there. And if i'm not mistaken, if you switch maps... the ship respawns together, so the separation is barely used in the MVAE and the console is usually replaced by something more useful. A 3min cd for the mode used and 2 for the unused ones would make this console useful, now it isn't.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Have to admit I've been saving up all my zen plus a little left over I bought a while ago to get the Haakona.

10 min CD sounds stupidly long time, 1-2 mins CD after reattachment or destruction is reasonable.

I'n orbitable space like ESD or DS9 New romulus etc etc, where there is no combat, seperation cooldowns should be no more than 30 seconds after reattachment.

All cooldowns no matter what should be reset when a match is complete so you can enter a brand new match with a clean sheet to play with.

10m mins is way way excessive.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Have to admit I've been saving up all my zen plus a little left over I bought a while ago to get the Haakona.

10 min CD sounds stupidly long time, 1-2 mins CD after reattachment or destruction is reasonable.

I'n orbitable space like ESD or DS9 New romulus etc etc, where there is no combat, seperation cooldowns should be no more than 30 seconds after reattachment.

All cooldowns no matter what should be reset when a match is complete so you can enter a brand new match with a clean sheet to play with.

10m mins is way way excessive.

It's not as excessive as it sounds.

Once you separate you have 10 minutes before you can separate again on the same mode. If you want to use the other mode, that starts a 5 minute cooldown.

If you die and respawn, you respawn separated so you have no need to wait for a cooldown. The 10 minute cooldown on the first separation type is pretty misleading, it's 5 minutes per type.

Seems fine to me, I didn't have a problem with the MVAE and that respawned you whole!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited June 2013
    Ah well seeing it that way it seems better. The way it was put in some other posts seem to suggest otherwise. Thanks for clearing that up. :)
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well, my two cents...

when you separate it starts first cooldown. BUT! if you reattach the second cooldown starts.
    for example: you separate, play for a while and 8 minutes later realize that another section is died. you try to reattach and another 10 min cooldown starts on the same separation mode. don't know if its intended or bug.

i think either the cooldown should be way shorter, like 2-3 minutes or separated section should respawn together if you got destroyed. even galaxy has only 5 min cooldown, which still annoying. but 10 min is just insane.
    because another part is integral part of the ship regardless in which mode you separate.
    unlike the galaxy saucer separated section of haakona provide invaluable buffs/debuffs or damage. being forced to play whole stf because of the cooldown without separated section leaves your ship seriously gimped.
    seriously, all other ships that have different "deployment modes" like chimera have a cooldown of 20-40 seconds!
    edited June 2013
    Yes I agree, now I have the Haakona the seperation cooldown is far too long. 2-3 mins is more than long enough. 10 mins is silly.

The annoying thing is the cooldown exists even if you leave the match area. If you beam to a planet then back again 1/2 hour hour or longer, even if you log out then back in the cooldown still carries on from where you left it. Woooot!!!!

No CD is way too long. 2-3 mins maximum. and CD should not be suspended when you go to a planet or ground location.