test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What does a Lifetime Sub get you?

ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
If I did this correctly, it covers Lifetime, Gold and Veteran perks all gathered in one list.

I tried to remove a few of the "features" that were listed that you can get anyway for free and any redundancies (like the 5% skill bonus overwrites the earlier earned 2% and 4%)

FULL Lifetime Benefit Subscription List
  • The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
  • The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
  • Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
  • "Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic for the duration.
  • Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
  • Join a Fleet (Guild) - Unlimited Access (free require time or money spent to unlock)
  • Create a Fleet (Guild) - Unlimited Access (free require time or money spent to unlock)
  • Energy Credit Storage Limit - 1 Billion EC
  • Dilithium Refinement Cap - 8k per day (auto refine up to 1 weeks? worth on login)
  • Character Slots - 4
  • Additional Bridge Officer Slots - 2 Additional Slots (earned on rank up, also still purchasable for even more)
  • Max Free Inventory ? 72
  • Max Free Bank Inventory ? 108
  • Account Shared Bank Slots - 20 Free Slots
  • Costume / Uniform Slots - 3 Free
  • Captain Retrain Token (Respec) - 1 Free Per Rank
  • Foundry Creator Access - Unlimited
  • Foundry Project Slots - 8 Playable Foundry Content - Unlimited Access
  • Priority Login
  • In-Game Vivox Voice Chat
  • No Advertisements
  • Monthly Stipend - 500 ZEN
  • Stalwart Accolade and Title
  • Redoubtable Accolade and Title
  • Dauntless Accolade and Title
  • Valiant Accolade and Title
  • Relentless Title
  • The Impressive Title
  • Vigilant Title
  • Guardian Title
  • Magnificent Title
  • A 5% Skill Point and Officer Skill Point Boost to your Team
  • FREE Extra Ship Slot (x3)
  • FREE full Respec (x4)
  • FREE Costume Piece - Veteran Badge
  • FREE Costume Piece - Special Veteran Uniform Option
  • FREE Exclusive Uniform Variant
  • FREE Costume Slots (set of 2)
  • FREE Character Slot (x2)
  • FREE Ship "Firework" emote
  • FREE Vanity Ship - Captain's Yacht (Fed and KDF)
  • FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Federation): "Jupiter" Uniform Variant
  • FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (KDF): Shoulder Cape
  • FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Romulan) (Coming soon!)
  • FREE Vice Admiral Ship Token
  • FREE Android Bridge Officer
  • FREE Mugato Companion
  • Unique Duty Officer Assignment
  • FREE Exclusive Starship "Material"
  • Starfleet Veteran (Fed), Empire Veteran (KDF), and Republic Veteran (Rom) Title
  • FREE Exclusive Veteran Starships
    • Chimera Heavy Destroyer (Fed)
    • Peghqu? Heavy Destroyer (KDF)
    • Romulan Veteran Ship (Coming soon!)
  • Two Exclusive Forum Titles to Choose From
    • Starfleet Veteran
    • Empire Veteran
    • Republic Veteran

So, what do ya think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'Unique Duty Officer Assignment'... So is this the one that allows you to refine an additional 1,000 Dilithium Ore above the 8K refinement cap, but occurs over a 2 day period, so the net is only an additional 500 Dilithium per day over the Dilithium refinement cap
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might also want to mention that a big plus is that most of the stuff on the list is given to EVERY character on an account.
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget you get to be closer to the front in queues :)

Change colour of text in forum, how? No advertisements? I didnt see any in f2p lol
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited May 2013
    I think the value of many of those items/services/rewards are subjective in nature.

That said, if you plan to stick around for a year or more, and you feel that those perks or benefits are useful or desirable, it's a good deal, especially compared to obtaining all those things a la carte.

If you're not sure of the game's longevity, it's ability to hold your interest for an extended period of time, or feel that many of the perks are overpriced and/or without merit for your or your gameplay, then I'd pass, and just buy what you want/need when you want/need it.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    Dont forget you get to be closer to the front in queues :)

Change colour of text in forum, how? No advertisements? I didnt see any in f2p lol

Ummmmm I think it's only title not the actual username. The usernames are colored based on their status (example: Official PWE/Cryptic staff are gold, Volunteer Forum Mods are purple..I wanted pink and argued for it but lost :() I could easily be wrong though and not looking at something right hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Might also want to mention that a big plus is that most of the stuff on the list is given to EVERY character on an account.

I think you just did. :D
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ussfury wrote: »
    No advertisements

My ad blocker is looking at this statement in confusion.
    <3
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    My ad blocker is looking at this statement in confusion.

I believe this is referring to advertisements in Vivox voice chat.
    edited May 2013
    I thought this was a limited time thing that and you could only get it if you got membership before game was released?

"The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind. "

You also might want to double check a few of the others and make sure they weren't "special, one time deals/events"
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No the borg one is still active i am one for romulans :)
    edited May 2013
    ixandel wrote: »
    I thought this was a limited time thing that and you could only get it if you got membership before game was released?

"The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind. "

You also might want to double check a few of the others and make sure they weren't "special, one time deals/events"

These were all pulled from the current lists of items on their respective pages, so I have to assume they are currently available.

I just did a little cut and paste to bring them all together.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got mine when STO was still in beta and still consider the LTS a good value. The LTS offer was supposed to end 30 days after the game went live but if it's selling why bother ending it especially with f2p.
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting this, I am very new to the game, been playing for about 2 weeks nows and have really enjoyed it so I bought the LTS and have a few questions on how to access a few of the rewards if any can answer that would be great.

1. Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain. I did goto the tailor and I did not see this option but maybe I just missed it?

2. FREE Vanity Ship - Captain's Yacht (Fed and KDF). Do I access at lvl 30 when I get shuttles, I have been to the ship and shuttle NPC and saw no option for it.

3. FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Federation): "Jupiter" Uniform Variant
    FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (KDF): Shoulder Cape
    FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Romulan) (Coming soon!)
    I did not see any options for these on the tailor either but is it because i'm Romulan and they haven't put these in game yet?

4.FREE Android Bridge Officer have no clue where I can access this at?

5.FREE Exclusive Starship "Material" Where would I find this at?

6. The reward ship I assume i'll access when I hit the Rank needed for them, I can see the tokens for the VA tokens but cannot see where the Chimera Heavy Destroyer (Fed) , Peghqu? Heavy Destroyer (KDF) , Romulan Veteran Ship (Coming soon!), being that i'm Romulan on my first toon I know i'll have to be Fed, to get one but the others I cannot see where I would get them. Or will I be prompted when I hit the rank needed for them.

Thanks for any help.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixandel wrote: »

Originally, this was limited to lifetime subs made during the Open Beta, but the playable 'Liberated Borg' was eventually extended to all Lifetime subs...
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phadren wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, I am very new to the game, been playing for about 2 weeks nows and have really enjoyed it so I bought the LTS and have a few questions on how to access a few of the rewards if any can answer that would be great.

1. Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain. I did goto the tailor and I did not see this option but maybe I just missed it?

2. FREE Vanity Ship - Captain's Yacht (Fed and KDF). Do I access at lvl 30 when I get shuttles, I have been to the ship and shuttle NPC and saw no option for it.

3. FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Federation): "Jupiter" Uniform Variant
    FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (KDF): Shoulder Cape
    FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Romulan) (Coming soon!)
    I did not see any options for these on the tailor either but is it because i'm Romulan and they haven't put these in game yet?

4.FREE Android Bridge Officer have no clue where I can access this at?

5.FREE Exclusive Starship "Material" Where would I find this at?

6. The reward ship I assume i'll access when I hit the Rank needed for them, I can see the tokens for the VA tokens but cannot see where the Chimera Heavy Destroyer (Fed) , Peghqu? Heavy Destroyer (KDF) , Romulan Veteran Ship (Coming soon!), being that i'm Romulan on my first toon I know i'll have to be Fed, to get one but the others I cannot see where I would get them. Or will I be prompted when I hit the rank needed for them.

Thanks for any help.

1. the Insignia is your Combadge... its a unique Combadge option.

2. captain's yacht i believe comes from the C-store ship area, though the shuttle requisition guy should have it as well....

3. correct. romulans dont have their costume option yet, and cannot wear fed/kdf clothing, hpowever fed's and KDF will have their respective options in the tailor.

4. the BO requisition NPC on the home planet of your faction should have said android available for free purchase, assuming it was unlocked for romulans yet.

5. the hull material for a ship, again romulans dont have theirs active yet, but it would be the ship tailor.

6. ship requisition officer would have them for their respective factions, unfortunately roms dont have theirs yet. and these are max level ships, so can only be gotten when you reach that level.
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Tenkari ty for your response much appreciated.
  • chojinchojin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Monthly Stipend - 500 ZEN

Ive had a Life Time Sub since launch although I havent played in a while
    and only returned to have a look cos of an email about LOR

My account says Subscribed For: 1225 Days

My Zen balance is ZERO - so wheres mine ?

Also

Two Exclusive Forum Titles to Choose From

Starfleet Veteran
    Empire Veteran
    Republic Veteran

Where do you activate this as I can find none of these as options in the UserCP ?
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chojin wrote: »
    Monthly Stipend - 500 ZEN

Ive had a Life Time Sub since launch although I havent played in a while
    and only returned to have a look cos of an email about LOR

My account says Subscribed For: 1225 Days

My Zen balance is ZERO - so wheres mine ?

Did you check in game, or just in our PWE account page? Because your stipend Zen are limited to STO they will not appear on your PWE account page.
    Also

Two Exclusive Forum Titles to Choose From

Starfleet Veteran
    Empire Veteran
    Republic Veteran

Where do you activate this as I can find none of these as options in the UserCP ?

Before the forum changeover I knew where to find this, now it seems I do not.
  • chojinchojin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah thank you for the reply :D

Yes I was looking at the PWE webpage so yeh that balance is zero

I cant actually log in the game because they take so long sending the Verification Code email
    that by the time I get to use it its already timed out.

Ive had 3 Codes and all have failed because the emails take so long.

so ive yet to actually log in.
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. I got a lifetime sub for Champions and there are a few thousand ZEN over there. Unfortunately they can't be transferred between games. They are deposited into the game you have a LTS for.
  • qoojoqoojo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013