test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Ounce of Prevention

cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Obviously the people at Cryptic can not grasp the concept of "AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE" because they are doing ten times more curing then they are in preventing.

Let me explain Cryptic people since you just don't get it.

GET NEWER AND MORE SERVERS

This way when you make massive changes to a game like LoR or even add a new game like Neverwinter you won't have as many problems.

I get it you want more new players BUT if a new player joins during these times and get's discusted with the Login Queues or the random unanounced Disconnects and down times they decide "The hell with that." and change the channel (i.e. go to another game)

In addition it will start getting around to the MMO Guides and review sites that Cryptic is TRIBBLE in services and when people read that they won't even bother with your company period.

I hope these new and inovative words help to inspire you to stop sitting on your brains and get new servers
Thank you.
Post edited by cassiann on

Comments

• solarfields747solarfields747 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree 100%. This is a very hard concept to gradp.
  • chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I know I won't get an answer to this, but I've been back for 2 days after 6 months gone..

Why should I log in tomorrow? I keep getting DC'ed in the middle of STF's and fleet actions, because that's mostly what I enjoy.

Why should I come back tomorrow, it's just going to happen again... I don't like getting upset, and I don't like being angry.. and this stopped being fun on the 4th server crash or so after I started playing.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    Obviously the people at Cryptic can not grasp the concept of "AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE" because they are doing ten times more curing then they are in preventing.

Let me explain Cryptic people since you just don't get it.

GET NEWER AND MORE SERVERS

This way when you make massive changes to a game like LoR or even add a new game like Neverwinter you won't have as many problems.

I get it you want more new players BUT if a new player joins during these times and get's discusted with the Login Queues or the random unanounced Disconnects and down times they decide "The hell with that." and change the channel (i.e. go to another game)

In addition it will start getting around to the MMO Guides and review sites that Cryptic is TRIBBLE in services and when people read that they won't even bother with your company period.

I hope these new and inovative words help to inspire you to stop sitting on your brains and get new servers
    Thank you.

You speak the truth idk if you were part of the closed and or open beta for LoR as i wasbut alot of the issues were having now on the holodeck were mentioned many times over before release.

Yet nothing was done to fix them before launch ontop of that with all the bugs and issues LoR had during beta it was still rushed and launched.

It was and still is my opinon that the LoR expansion was not ready to go live it still needed atleast another 2-3 months of beta testing to get it to atleast a resonable standard of quality.

and i do remeber a thread with a topic about possible server stability issues on the tribble portion of the forum so this to had been discussed but...again nothing done.

I still wonder why the big rush why didnt cryptic take the time let the beta testers find the bugs and game breaking issues fix them and the release an expansion with less bugs and issues then we have now.

I know that no expansion or update is bugless but in this case alot of the bugs and issues couldve been avoided and solved before LoR went live.

Cryptic rushed it and is now paying for that bad decision with a game with loads of bugs game breaking issues and server instability.
  • sterlingwarbirdsterlingwarbird Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is another quote for you... "Fool me one, shame on you, Fool me twice... shame on me...". This kinda sums up the problem with players of STO for years, you are willing to put up with some of this ridiculous problems which other MMO's just wouldn't have and Cryptic know that you will keep playing and more importantly PAYING whatever you decide. Break the cycle and it might shock Cryptic in wanting to invest for the game's future.

Its not like Cryptic has never done this before, released more content thats been untested and ignored feedback from tribble to suggest its not ready... is it? All they see is $$$.
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would pay real money if you people would shut up.

When did it become accepted that addressing someone like they're TRIBBLE pieces of sh*t will get you what you want?

I cannot be the only one who understands how people operate mentally. Try calling your local pizzeria with that attitude, or your phone company. And see what happens.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic released a major game expansion. We all knew these outages were inevitable. Just be patient and give Cryptic some time to fix the problems, it's not like this is a longterm recurring problem. For the majority of the time the servers work very well. They worked very hard on this expansion for us, cut them some slack.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic released a major game expansion. We all knew these outages were inevitable. Just be patient and give Cryptic some time to fix the problems, it's not like this is a longterm recurring problem. For the majority of the time the servers work very well. They worked very hard on this expansion for us, cut them some slack.

Can you think of anytime in the last 3 years that Cryptic has actually been able to get some content out without the need for major maintenance for about a week. Its actually not moaning or whining... it is about investing in the future of their own game which Cryptic just do not seem willing to do..

Its baffling to me.
    edited May 2013
    Can you think of anytime in the last 3 years that Cryptic has actually been able to get some content out without the need for major maintenance for about a week. Its actually not moaning or whining... it is about investing in the future of their own game which Cryptic just do not seem willing to do..

Its baffling to me.

Some of us can't think of an MMO where a major content addition HASN'T caused unforeseen hiccups. The test server can only prepare you for so much; it's like going for football practice and then being shocked that the big game is OMG SO MUCH DIFFERENT.
  • queeg9000queeg9000 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You sir are a genius its just so simple..add...more servers...you should be hired into a major company right away.Coding bugs? "add more servers"memory leaks? "add more servers"Major break down of the games engine? "add more servers"

You people are so clueless I'm embarrassed for you.
    edited May 2013
    queeg9000 wrote: »
    You sir are a genius its just so simple..add...more servers...you should be hired into a major company right away.Coding bugs? "add more servers"memory leaks? "add more servers"Major break down of the games engine? "add more servers"

You people are so clueless I'm embarrassed for you.

Thank you. THANK YOU. I was looking for the right way to say it, and now I don't have to.

Also, Horsey to King Three.
    edited May 2013
    I think you are being somewhat harsh and he does have a valid point. These "hiccups" happen far too frequently when new content is released that some people just do not believe its worth the effort much anymore. Cryptic are so far up their own backside, they cannot be asked to give a decent reason for this downtime... There has to be some problems server-side that could be resolved by expanding or getting more servers... I'm not a computer expert so I won't pretend to know what could be resolved.

I'm also in the camp that the mail system problems were actually deliberate, to prevent players from taking advantage of previously farmed gear to use on their Romulan characters and get them to buy an account bank.

Plus, it has been almost a week since the Foundry was shut down and that's mainly what I buy my Gold account for. What is the deal with that?
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree 100%. This is a very hard concept to gradp.

Here is an even more difficult concept to grasp, or so it would seem from yours and the OPs posts.

CRYPTIC DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT HOLD THE PURSE STRINGS FOR STO.

For that you need to go whine at Perfect World, since they are the ones with the big fat wallet, and they are the ones who say yes or no to the purchasing/renting of new hardware.

I hope I made that simple enough for you :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its baffling to me.

Errr, yes. Season 7. That was the smoothest MMO expansion launch I've ever seen. I think we had ONE session of emergency maintenance and that was it. Season 6 wasn't too bad either.

Lets gloss of season 5, which was unbelievably awful with so many server blowups, lag and SNRs. Really? It hasn't been this bad since season 5.

I'm actually not even finding it that bad. Sure having the servers down for 2-3 hours per day during prime time on Europe is irritating but it's not the end of the world. When I'm actually in game the rubberbanding is annoying but not hugely common, lag is fine, SNRs don't lost for very long and I'm reasonably happy when playing (rom side)

I have noticed a few more issues on fed side, but mostly I just think people whine because they like winging. People have short memories and completely forget about the good launch of S7...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Errr, yes. Season 7. That was the smoothest MMO expansion launch I've ever seen. I think we had ONE session of emergency maintenance and that was it. Season 6 wasn't too bad either.

Lets gloss of season 5, which was unbelievably awful with so many server blowups, lag and SNRs. Really? It hasn't been this bad since season 5.

I'm actually not even finding it that bad. Sure having the servers down for 2-3 hours per day during prime time on Europe is irritating but it's not the end of the world. When I'm actually in game the rubberbanding is annoying but not hugely common, lag is fine, SNRs don't lost for very long and I'm reasonably happy when playing (rom side)

I have noticed a few more issues on fed side, but mostly I just think people whine because they like winging. People have short memories and completely forget about the good launch of S7...

Oh, they remember. See, in Season 7, there were few hardware issues, so instead, they went after the reward changes. That's why the developers had to revert some dilithium rewards for STFs and TRIBBLE the dilthium economy entirely. Because the FANS SAID SO.