test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Outage - 5/28

Comments

• cwilliams77cwilliams77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sucks, but at least I know it's not just me.
  • peevil31peevil31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting publicly that the server is down. It's a sign you guys might be finally trying on your big boy pants.
  • bwood0bwood0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A fleet member just invited me to join him on some Fleet Mark missions (STFs?). Hopefully he will believe my story when I tell him I got disconnected and wasn't able to log back on.
  • c0sm1cch33s3c0sm1cch33s3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    probably run the servers on the same t3 as the website :P
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true true everyday maint.
  • sekusei28sekusei28 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, server is down. Surprise, surprise! I'll just go give my money to Bioware and SWTOR tonight.
    EA/Bioware isn't worth it either
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "What are we living in Iraq? This happens entirely too often!" -Stewart Griffin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You must be kidding me. For a lot of people, server stability is THE issue going on at the moment. I have not encountered a single bug that prevents me from playing, however I have felt the pressure of server stability. If they focus on that, and fix that issue of all issues, I am certain a LOT of players will be very happy. Not being able to delete your mail cannot possibly be as annoying as not being able to log into the game or stay logged in without "Server Not Responding".

Oh yes I understand that server stability is key for us all to play, minor bugs like mail. But let me direct this question to you, how many maintenances have we had in the name of "server stability" and are still not getting anywhere close to getting something resolved.. as seen again tonight. Might as well fix a few bugs while your doing down time, would make sense to me.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all the patches and maintenance for "Server Stability" lately, how about someone actually stands up, takes credit and admits they are doing a p... poor job at stability? EVERY time those words are put in a patch it like a nail in the coffin now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf I wish you would take some of the money that we spend for zen and subscriptions fees and hire some good employees and buy some new servers. grr Season 10 has gotten flushed again.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh. Literally every day there are problems of some sort. Is there any point at all where PW starts to compensate players for bad service? Any point?
  • bidzarbidzar Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if Perfect World Entertainment got off their a$$es we could get a game that works without a daily server crash! Hey, here?s an idea, put STO on its OWN SERVER! Then get tech people that can actually do their jobs and not use this as an internship into another company!
  • chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is disgusting. I stopped playing for 6 months or so because I was tired of being in the middle of a fleet action or borg STF and getting ganked in the middle.

That the STO servers crash this frequently, on a constant, unending basis (since it's inception) does not mean that they have a "programming bug" to fix from the latest patch, it means that they've never fixed the original cause of the crashes in the first place.

Only took 2 days back before the servers crashed, reminding me why I stopped playing in the first place.

You guys are amateurs.
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what it mean duplicated this first time i wrote
  • voidstaarvoidstaar Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was doing one of the rerun episodes "Boldly they Rode" after i defeated that jem'hadar leader on ds9, at the loading screen I got a real long server not responding screen. So I tried restarting the game, and now i get unable to login.
  • cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hamsters are dead...again. :mad:

I'm starting to think that if you called up any pet shop in the immediate vicinity of PWE, you would discover that they are all "sold out" of hamsters because PWE has to buy a new batch every other day.
  • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same for me. There is really nothing to say anymore except that Cryptic and all of their people are a complete joke. Their broken game has been going on and off for over a week now even before the expansion was released. Maybe I have really bad luck but every time I go to play the servers are down or some TRIBBLE. They do "EMERGENCY" maintenance like everyday, and then some days like today its down THREE different times in a day!!

Maybe this would be ok if they were actually fixing things. But because a group of monkeys could do this just as good as they can, we are left with numerous game breaking bugs a week after the expansion went live. Can't turn in RA's, Ce is bugged, CAN"T DELETE MAIL... And its been that way for a week now...LOL that is just crazy. And they are only the bugs I care about, look in the bug reports forums and you'll see tons more.

On top of all of it, they can't even manage to keep their server up and running. And I read in other threads comparing them to EA and sim city is laughable? Yea whoever said that statement is whats laughable because that's exactly what this is like.

I'm just venting tho. Cryptic will continue to do this, because this is what they do. As long as you guys keep buying your shinny ships, that's all that matters to them.
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Coolant Leak! WE GOT A COOLANT LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERVER BREACH IN 1 MINUTE

Computer.... eject hard drive.... authorization Branflakes Pi 314
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was just me when I kept getting "Retrieving character list" and then it crashed.

Cryptic really needs to pick their act up, yes some crashes do happen, servers do need to go down for maintenance, but STO is so bugged ridden even more now after LoR and their stealth nerfs and it's getting old fast.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup "Login failed for an unknown reason" is back yet again.

Also getting repeated errors on the website:

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.c4c571d8.1369799420.2cc5ef"

[edit] server status offline in the launcher now, and message saying they are aware and working on it.
  • hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished infected ground, was about to claim rewards and it went down. Typical.
    3560177.jpg
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be at ease Captain. Your not alone.. I and the fleet I am with has noticed various errors such as being inable to resupply our bridge crew, change outfits, and purchase from the exchange. When I attempted top beam up to my ship, I got disconnected from the shard and when I tried to reconnect. I could not.
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being an IT guy, I loe it when a user comes up to me and says "Everything is slow, is the server down?"

Um... all of us here do realize that there isn't just "a server", right?

Oh well, time to go read a book.
  • jalawaranjalawaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    almost as bad as the character retrieval
  • raneorikotraneorikot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they took the servers down.
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being an IT guy, I love it when a user comes up to me and says "Everything is slow, is the server down?"

Um... all of us here do realize that there isn't just "a server", right?

Oh well, time to go read a book.
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Ok I for once was VERY excited to finally be able to get my romulan faction which i have dreamed of for so long. I thought that with legacy of romulus cryptic was going to do right by its players after so much time had gone by.

Sadly I was gravely mistaken.

This has been by far the worst update I have ever seen. And quite frankly I would have been happier if launch was pushed back a few weeks then have to deal with whats going down now. Not to point fingers but the first sign should have been all the outages that we had around the time that neverwinter got released to open beta.......and it seems as if things have continued to go down the proverbial toilet since then.

Don't get me twisted now I'm very pleased with the content thats gone in as well as the few bugs that have been fixed. But when you have serious issues that have been going on for awhile now i would expect to have seen I don't know maybe someone higher up address the issues and actually step up and take responsibility for at least SOME of the issues. I feel sorry for Branflakes quite honestly. i believe that the game should be taken down for 24 hours....so that way proper time can be given for whatever issues that need to be addressed and if it involves migrating sto over to a new server then do it....but i'm sure you're loosing more money than you're making right now because of all of this mess.
  • natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh yes I understand that server stability is key for us all to play, minor bugs like mail. But let me direct this question to you, how many maintenances have we had in the name of "server stability" and are still not getting anywhere close to getting something resolved.. as seen again tonight. Might as well fix a few bugs while your doing down time, would make sense to me.

exactly, hopefully they can get something fixed this time around...anything really, just any minor bug fixes or some actual server stability would be great, fantastic even.
  • hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    Yep same for me. There is really nothing to say anymore except that Cryptic and all of their people are a complete joke. Their broken game has been going on and off for over a week now even before the expansion was released. Maybe I have really bad luck but every time I go to play the servers are down or some TRIBBLE. They do "EMERGENCY" maintenance like everyday, and then some days like today its down THREE different times in a day!!

Maybe this would be ok if they were actually fixing things. But because a group of monkeys could do this just as good as they can, we are left with numerous game breaking bugs a week after the expansion went live. Can't turn in RA's, Ce is bugged, CAN"T DELETE MAIL... And its been that way for a week now...LOL that is just crazy. And they are only the bugs I care about, look in the bug reports forums and you'll see tons more.

On top of all of it, they can't even manage to keep their server up and running. And I read in other threads comparing them to EA and sim city is laughable? Yea whoever said that statement is whats laughable because that's exactly what this is like.

I'm just venting tho. Cryptic will continue to do this, because this is what they do. As long as you guys keep buying your shinny ships, that's all that matters to them.

At one time, when you paid for something, the company would bend over backwards to make sure you stayed as a paying customer.
    3560177.jpg
This discussion has been closed.