test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Earning Romulan Rep for completing Romulan missions

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I'm loving the new Romulan content, great work guys and gals! But I'd like to make a suggestion - as the title says, shouldn't Romulan characters be earning Romulan Reputation points for doing the Romulan missions?

I mean we are actually doing some pretty labor intensive work on behalf of the Republic from shortly after the attack on Virinat right up to and including the Defence of New Romulus. Every single one of those missions should be rewarding us with Rom Rep. It wouldn't even have to be much, maybe 10 points a mission (although some - like the insane 'Defence of New Romulus" should give much more - I mean heck, just saving some warbirds from the Tholians in the Azure Nebula Rescue gives 30 points...). I kinda felt like I got punched in the gut when I walked outdoors on New Romulus for the first time as a level 50. The NPCs look at you like, "Who are you again? You saved us all from Hakeev, Sela, the Tal Shiar, and those horrifying aliens? You were the one who surveyed New Romulus for the first time...and even found the Sword of the Raptor Star? Yeah, sure. Why dont you go take some water samples down at the river before I give you the time of day...":rolleyes:

Granted, we wouldn't be able to spend those Rep points until we reach level 50, but still we should have built up quite some cred with D'Tan and company and should be way ahead of any Federation or Klingon officer who sets foot on New Romulus for the first time.

(The restriction on spending the points 'early' (having to wait until lvl 50) is part of the game mechanic; it might be nice to have a Rep NPC at both the Flotilla and in the Command Center that would allow us to use the Romulan points as we earn them (bypassing the lvl 50 requirement), but that might be difficult to implement.)

So, what do you think? Shouldn't we be earning Rep for all our hard work for the Republic? :)
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't made a STF style PvE mission out of the Defence of New Romulus. A five player team defence of the planet against the Elachi/Tal Shiar fleet for Romulan Marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    spectrfangspectrfang Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anything just give rep for Defense. I haven't worked that hard for a mission in a while.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could definitely see them giving rep, ESPECIALLY on the first playthrough. If not actual rep points, at least give Romulan marks. We are Romulans, building our reputation with our own people. If they trust us enough to give us the largest and most powerful ships available (D'deridex, Ha'apax, etc), why do they not trust us enough for other things?

• Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed! Romulan players should be acquiring reputation points for completing storyline missions. And, I would agree that Defense of New Romulus should also be an STF.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    On hard / elite it already is an STF for solo players. You guys wanted more solo challenges right? :D
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll join on this. I understand the reputation system is an additional way to level your character after reaching VA. But our characters are suposedly famous with romulan military, given all the work done. And we can't reach the maximum reputation without some descent Dilithium investment. So, I think it would make sense to give us on the first play of related Romulan missions Romulan Marks. Perhaps allowing us to gain enough marks to reach T5 reputation. And we would still have to grind the Dilithium. Of course there would be the ones who would just buy the needed Dilithium, but isn't that actually good to the company?

And I think it is needless to say the same argument would aplly as well for an eventual Fed Rep or KDF Rep.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.