test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting stuck on 'retrieving list of characters' [Resolved!]

kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 135 Arc User
Connection times out and i never get to character select screen. It was fine before the down time. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

And ..wow even forums are super slow. Took me forever to post his.
Once upon a time in galaxy far far away......

Comments

• syntrossyntros Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, as it is for other fleetmates. I got further once, but had the "resolved" issue of "login failed because of an unkonwn reason" . . .
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm able to select a character though it takes about a minute to get the data, then it crashes with the old 'unknown error' crud..

Just to make it official: RANT & RAGE, P*SS & MOAN.., Thanks I feel better.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2013
    Yup. Was better off before the maintenance.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    Connection times out and i never get to character select screen. It was fine before the down time. Anyone else having this problem? :confused:

And ..wow even forums are super slow. Took me forever to post his.

Same for me.
    Can someone check how Neverwinter is running? Complete server meltdown or is it just STO?
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game seems to be lagging big time everything is taking so much longer to do things. Even this forum is running a little slower for me.
  • celtbnegatorceltbnegator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah what defcon said^ rant and rave and other other stuff
  • shkeltonshkelton Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here.

I do eventually get the list of characters screen but then when trying to play any of them, get the unknown error message and it disconnects me.

Funny it was working great for me before they took it down :(
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting the same problem , LOR should not have been released onto the holodeck in this state . it is running very poorly even with all the server work which I might add is making it run very poorly indeed , yet the tribble servers are running very smoothly for me . they should have tested it more tbh
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in now after about 7 tries...sheesh.
  • thorkentthorkent Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. First time I tried I get in but can't move items from/to my bank, can't put items on mail... relogged and now I can't get the character selection.
  • bramble23bramble23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here unknown issue again and timed out again slow loading screen slow loading forum pages up maybe the little maintance got fluffed up
  • borthaniusborthanius Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, me too. This webpage, the game, character list, account bank... massive lag. Eight days since LOR release & now 8 days of maintenance. I find both Cryptic & perfect world to be pathetic @ their jobs, absolutely pathetic.
  • darkimpul5edarkimpul5e Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seldom post in the forums, but I am having the exact same issue, after a while I can get to my character selection screen. Only to be timed out in the loading screen. Is it possible to get some emergency maintenance on the emergency maintenance? Well your at it I would like a refund on my lifetime. K Bye.
  • bramble23bramble23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any 1 from the support staff around to say wot the smeg is happening
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remind me to get a gun and a plane ticket if I get back from school for this s***... :mad:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same story. Got through character selection then hit the,"unknown reasons" while waiting on maps. Also noticed delays on the forums. It's a shame. Forums are usually really entertaining when the game is down and everyone is moaning and snarking out:D.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

This discussion has been closed.