test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I miss pre-LoR STO

dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Never thought I'd miss the old UI.

Also, I still can't delete mail a week after launch.

I can't even bring myself to run dailies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by dilbart on

Comments

• janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree about the UI, and I play redside (which had a colour scheme that generated a lot of complaints). I miss orange player names. I miss having a skill bar that didn't look like a bag of skittles. I miss being able to see the names of items during need/greed rolls (seriously? Black text on a black background?).

That said... I can still happily run dailies. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dilbart wrote: »

I feel your pain, my eyes hurt every day now because of this UI. Its not even trek-like anymore.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have to admit, before LOR things/life in STO were great, after the Expansion everything seems a little screwed, and thats just playing the FED characters, not even started a Romulan or Klingon character yet!:rolleyes:
    Sto%20Final.png
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dilbart wrote: »

Also, I still can't delete mail a week after launch.

I can't even bring myself to run dailies.

During the closed beta testing of LoR the biggest headache for me was the new UI and all the bugs that it has.

Personally i miss the old UI i would log onto the holodeck just to get away from the monstrosity that is the new UI.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are usually a bunch of problems after every season. a couple of weeks of roughing it is nothing new. It will stabilise soon enough.

Personally I love the new UI for the most part but I have played on tribble so I have had plenty of time to get used to it.
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can turn off the new UI i think,

i actually like the new UI as it looks very LCARS-ish. and also that you can choose the colors is a thing i like. still pre LoR STO was.. more stable and made fun.. now with the shard going down in 15 minutes.... AGAIN. just as i got home to start playing. it getting a bit frustrating
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussmysticoneussmysticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want the old UI then go change it to Fed-Classic or KDF-Classic
  • defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borgx666 wrote: »
    i have to admit, before LOR things/life in STO were great, after the Expansion everything seems a little screwed, and thats just playing the FED characters, not even started a Romulan or Klingon character yet!:rolleyes:

Yeh, me too. The only thing KFD I didn't like way the two diff shades of orange friendly/enemy targets.

Also, I too am taking my time with a Romulan toon that way everyone else fetters out the bugs and finds out what works best so I don't spend time/ec/dil needlessly.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • bertiewoosterbertiewooster Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes. Personally, I love the new UI and haven't found any bugs with it (yet). From a graphic design standpoint I find it to be much cleaner and easier to use.

And I don't miss the old Klingon UI at all. Orange colored names for allies always confused the heck out of me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This right here ^ now stop complaining.
  • janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Have you actually tried it? It's not the same. The colour scheme is a bit closer to what we're used to, but you still have to deal with a multicoloured skill bar, blue names for allies when playing KDF, and black text on black backgrounds for need/greed rolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]