test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitars and timeships for Romulan and Reman captains - will we have them?

ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
I don't know if a thread like this was made yet, but in case not, I have two questions:

1.) When the Legacy of Romulus comes out in May, and we get to be Romulan and Reman characters, will the Scimitar-Class Warbird be available to both captains? If so, well this be a C-store bought only ship, or available at the Requisitions for either free ship token when you get to a certain rank, or buy it with dilithium?

2.) Like the FED and KDF, will New Romulus have time ships and gear, like a Romulan and/or Reman Temporal Science Ship, Temporal Destroyer, Time Shuttle, Uniform & weapons, and console sets?

I'm curious, since the KDF or FEDs already have these, and there could be the chance that the Temporal Lock Box could return in the future.

Well we see these in the future as the Expansion pack advances further?
Post edited by ricosakara on

Comments

• Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my lord! Another 'rico' on the forums, and it's a brony!! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my lord! Another 'rico' on the forums, and it's a brony!! :eek:

Your point? = /
  • Options
    tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Scimitar would be way way OP if they release as is.

The Double Shelds,Perfect Battle Cloak,Tons of Frontal Weapons.

Sweet Jesus that be a monster.

I would love to buy one.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ricosakara wrote: »
    I don't know if a thread like this was made yet,

Yup. I made it.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ricosakara wrote: »
    Your point? = /

None, really. I mean, hey, why should he care if you like television shows for little girls? :P
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    None, really. I mean, hey, why should he care if you like television shows for little girls? :P

Who's to say the OP isn't a little girl? Hmm? :P
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I remember something I read from C.S. Lewis: "Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."

There's a very good chance that if you listed to me what you considered "manly" or even "mature" in your approved entertainment, I would have a good reason to laugh at it.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Scimitar? A turn 3 ship...oh the joy...
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Scimitar? A turn 3 ship...oh the joy...

It will likely be a carrier. 3 turn isn't a big deal when deployed Scorpion fighters are doing most of the shooting.

A cloaking carrier is a very cool idea.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember something I read from C.S. Lewis: "Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."

There's a very good chance that if you listed to me what you considered "manly" or even "mature" in your approved entertainment, I would have a good reason to laugh at it.

And you're welcome to do so. I never make fun of people without the understanding that it I am subject to payment in kind. I don't dish what I can't take, basically. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And you're welcome to do so. I never make fun of people without the understanding that it I am subject to payment in kind. I don't dish what I can't take, basically. :)

That's a very good way to be. :)

I know people who have fits if something "girly" is even brought up, even in jest, as if their manhood was a frail fragile creature that got sick and died if brought into a hostile environment.

Yes, I think the new MLP show is very clever and well written. I don't go to conventions or do other crazy brony stuff, but I am a fan, like I am a fan of Metalocalypse, Beavis and Butt-Head, and a number of other "how can he like all of those things at once?" shows.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It will likely be a carrier. 3 turn isn't a big deal when deployed Scorpion fighters are doing most of the shooting.

A cloaking carrier is a very cool idea.

Wasn't "Cloak + Pets = OP" the reason Vo'quv didn't get a cloak?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Wasn't "Cloak + Pets = OP" the reason Vo'quv didn't get a cloak?

I dunno. You tell me!

Perhaps there is a way to make it work. Say... no more deployed fighters until a decloak?
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Scimitar as a carrier without the Thalaron Projector woild be usable.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno. You tell me!

Perhaps there is a way to make it work. Say... no more deployed fighters until a decloak?

Oh, I'm sure no one cares if both factions have access to it.
  • Options
    thelordkruxthelordkrux Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    The Scimitar would be way way OP if they release as is.

The Double Shelds,Perfect Battle Cloak,Tons of Frontal Weapons.

Sweet Jesus that be a monster.

I would love to buy one.

Your Daft, the Current Ingame Scimitar is incredibly weak. STO WIki for link
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Scimitar_Dreadnought

My Suggestion for the scimitar to make it worth buying on the CSTORE, OR even A Lifetime vet reward.

Lifetime

Weapons
    6Fore, 3 Rear

Consoles
    4Tac
    4Engineer
    4Science

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard
    Cloak Fire Abilites, Allow for Combat for 15 Seconds before being forced uncloak, recharge 2 min

Bridge Officers
    Commander,Lt Comander, Lt Tac Stations
    Lt Commander, Lt Engineer
    Lt Science

CSTORE

Weapons
    5Fore, 3 aft

Consoles
    4Tact, 4 Engineer, 2 Science Or 1?

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard
    Cloak Fire Abilites, Allow for Combat for 10 Seconds before being forced uncloak, recharge 2 min

Bridge Officers
    Lt Science
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long live the Tal Shiar, Long Live Sela!
  • Options
    thelordkruxthelordkrux Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it seems Like i am Oping the Scimitar, but in truth. This Ship was a Beast to begin with, And it should be accessible, at least to lifetimers, I know for a fact Id upgrade just for a real Scimitar,

but if its not given its justice there is always projectswg.com :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long live the Tal Shiar, Long Live Sela!
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Suggestion for the scimitar to make it worth buying on the CSTORE, OR even A Lifetime vet reward.

Lifetime

Weapons
    6Fore, 3 Rear

Consoles
    4Tac
    4Engineer
    4Science

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard
    Cloak Fire Abilites, Allow for Combat for 15 Seconds before being forced uncloak, recharge 2 min

Bridge Officers
    Lt Science

CSTORE

Weapons
    5Fore, 3 aft

Consoles

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard
    Cloak Fire Abilites, Allow for Combat for 10 Seconds before being forced uncloak, recharge 2 min

Bridge Officers
    Lt Science

It won't be a veteran reward, it'll most likely be a C-Store 3 Pack akin to the Odyssey and the Bortas, with variants for each career path.

As for a Timeship, it's also been stated it'll come "soon". So will a 1000-Day ship.

Also, that proposal has some horrendously over-powered stats. 5 Tac Consoles? 5/6 Fore Weapons, 3 Aft? Cmdr, Lt. Cmdr and Lt Tac stations?

Is this meant to be a Kumari with a TRIBBLE turn rate? Scimitar will likely be a carrier, so a Sci/Engineering oriented ship is most likely.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    wjeremy16wjeremy16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your Daft, the Current Ingame Scimitar is incredibly weak. STO WIki for link
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Scimitar_Dreadnought

Lifetime

Weapons
    6Fore, 3 Rear

Consoles
    4Tac
    4Engineer
    4Science

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard

Bridge Officers
    Lt Science

CSTORE

Weapons
    5Fore, 3 aft

Consoles

Devies

Abilities

Battle Cloak, Standard

Bridge Officers
    Lt Science

calling someone daft, when your amazing idea would break gameplay more then half the bugs roaming around right now? 9 weapons, and 12 consoles, with 4 devices. You sir, are plain crazy.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic said in one of their Q & A sessions that they plan on adding a scimitar to the cstore at some point, and it was already stated that they were planning on vet reward ships and everything, unknown if they are adding a timeship though.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i doubt we will see the scimitar as a playable ship.. i think its gonna be like the jupiter class. npc only.. and that is the way it should stay.. lol.. to dumb it down so it can be flown would be a bad idea.. i like when there are ships that are in game, but not playable (i dont know why, i just like the idea)..

time ship would be perfectly ok, cryptics answer to that (the lazy way) is that you side with either the fed, or klinks, and you use their time ship...
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    puttenham wrote: »
    i doubt we will see the scimitar as a playable ship.. i think its gonna be like the jupiter class. npc only.. and that is the way it should stay.. lol.. to dumb it down so it can be flown would be a bad idea.. i like when there are ships that are in game, but not playable (i dont know why, i just like the idea)..

time ship would be perfectly ok, cryptics answer to that (the lazy way) is that you side with either the fed, or klinks, and you use their time ship...

The reason we don't get a Jupiter class is becasue Cryptic hates how that ship looks, just like the typhoon, they already said we will be getting a Scimitar .

as for the Time ship that is also in the works you can't use the KDF or FED time ships as a Romulan
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The reason we don't get a Jupiter class is becasue Cryptic hates how that ship looks, just like the typhoon, they already said we will be getting a Scimitar .

as for the Time ship that is also in the works you can't use the KDF or FED time ships as a Romulan

well i still think the scimitar "should" be an npc ship only..

and it was just a guess on the time ship part.. i thought they said " all lockbox ships will be available to rommies after they choose their side" type thing.. what you say would mean that not "all" lockbox ships are available on the chosen side..
    lol