test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice on making EC please

cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
Hi,

I see people talking about making 30 million EC for example, my question is: how do I make those kind of amounts? I use the exchange quite alot for selling only, but I struggle to get past 4 million.

Any input would be appreciated :)
Post edited by cyberpunk1977 on

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tour the universe pays quite handsomely if you know how to do it right.

Just google tour the universe route and it will tell you how to make good money.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SB24, Gorn Minefield (it has a daily too, so you get dilithium and fleetmarks also, taht later you can buy fleet doffs, that you can sell :)) give good first place awards, if you are unlucky one run in each, is around 100k, but you can get lucky to get millions of worth loot. you can grind Kerrat while on CD on those two, or do some stfs for dilithium. buy zen from dilithium, sell master keys (or fleet modules, whichever gives a better EC for your Zen)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the best thing to do, is buy stuff from the zen store, like a borg bridge officer and sell them, it goes for like 5 million Energy credits on the exchange. It would just take alot of zen to sell alot of stuff to get alot of credits.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amahood wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do, is buy stuff from the zen store, like a borg bridge officer and sell them, it goes for like 5 million Energy credits on the exchange. It would just take alot of zen to sell alot of stuff to get alot of credits.

Why would spending real world money be the 'best thing to do' when there are other simple ways of making lots of EC?
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Do missions that drop purple loot and sell it

2. Play high/low on the Exchange or find an item you can control the market on

3. Slave trade (open Doff packs and sell what comes out)

4. Buy unreplicatable materials for dilithium and sell them

5. Buy C-Store stuff (master keys, ship modules, etc) and sell them

6. Tour the Universe

Seriously though, once you get to a certain point, you really don't need any more. 20-30 mil and you should be able to do anything you need at a given time. Beyond that and it's just prestige, or doing it to do it. Some people actually consider the Exchange a metagame and enjoy playing it.

From a pure gameplay point of view, stuff from the Exchange is just a starting point for your character. Once you have a decent set of gear and Doffs, you'll barely need EC. And by decent gear, I mean like blue Mk XI. After that, your attention is better spent getting stuff from the reputation systems and fleet stores, as it's generally better anyway.

Unless you really, really want a lockbox ship. In which case, have fun with that.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its simple but not easy.

You have money to make money. Playing the exchange on high value items can make you tens of millions in a few days but there is a risk to it and you can have you EC tied up for days on a hope and a prayer. it once took more then a week to free of the vast majority of my EC.

The biggest advice I can give anyone is avoid all the scams Cryptic has laid out. Avoid spending tens of thousands of dilithium and EC for things you don't need. Be patient and invest with your resources. There are plenty of resource sinks and you will never get anywhere if you dump everything you get after some marginal increases in performance. The difference between a MXI Very Rare phaser relay and MXII relay is 10-20 million EC. MXI Rare and very rare is 2.5-3.5 million. For such marginal increases it is NOT worth it.

To build your little treasury its best do what has been stated before. Sell your vendor junk, do the tour of the universe, play Elite STFs for a chance at the best gear to sell on the exchange ect.

BUT most importantly stop spending your resources on things that don't make that much of a difference. Better yet stop spending at all. When you are a Star Trek online billionaire then you can afford to buy the expensive stuff.

Im still flying a free ship with purple consoles that dropped for me. My ship still packs a nice punch and I havent spent anything on overpriced fleet weapons or Rep projects. I have completed some of the rep projects mostly for the passive abilities.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • cyberpunk1977cyberpunk1977 Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice everyone :)
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im glad I could be of help. :)
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

I see people talking about making 30 million EC for example, my question is: how do I make those kind of amounts? I use the exchange quite alot for selling only, but I struggle to get past 4 million.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Buy a couple of keys and sell them on the AH.
  • alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some really good advice on this thread. Most helpful, thanks a lot :)
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"