test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Foundry missions.

rossi320rossi320 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
Ok, so I patch up STO for Legacy of Romulus, then enter the game on the FED side to see how the new changes have taken place. One of the things I notice however is that the foundry has seemingly become barren, and a lot of the foundry mission's I had going on in progress have disappeared entirely. :confused:

So if anyone can answer what has happened here that would be great. I've seen a couple of other threads seeming to state that this is normal for large patches, whereby the foundry is taken down and the missions are republished over a period of time, but I would just like to confirm this is the case. The foundry is one of the best parts of the game for me and really makes me sort of role-play into the game, but if a lot of the missions I had planned to play are lost forever because of the update, well, I'm going to feel pretty down because they were supposed to be some really good missions. :(
Post edited by rossi320 on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is taking awhile
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry, they will all be back up within due time. Have no fear.
  • rossi320rossi320 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry, they will all be back up within due time. Have no fear.

So, does that mean I will see all the missions I was doing appear back in the "in progress" tab?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    I ran into something during the last update where a mission of mine did not republish. What had happened is for some reason a bunch of objects had been moved, or perhaps the map under them was moved, who knows, but in any event the objects were now outside the placeable area. That created an error that prevented it from auto-republishing. It was a simple issue to fix once editing was back up.

I don't know if anything like that might be happening again, but that has happened before. A small issue that prevents a mission from republishing. I know only one of mine was up before the weekend. It's possible they may have just paused it since it was a holiday weekend (in the states anyway). I'd guess that unless there's a real big problem we'll have them all up this week.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • merkhetmerkhet Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Due time came and went, but they will be up at some time.
  • trevoriihulltrevoriihull Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if "due time" would be given an actual date. As it is I get the feeling the foundry will be "fully" operational in December.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im glad i found this thread, I was getting concerned as I had a review request I couldnt fill because the authors name wouldnt come up. I do hope this is fixed up quickly. My cats are sitting around just getting fat with no missions to run.

Google me sometime if you get bored. ^^
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm wondering if the issue where missions would lock up part way through publishing is effecting the auto-republish. It's hard to tell, but there doesn't seem to have been any new missions show up in the list for several days.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep - I'm still waiting for my second (which completes a story begun in the one that has successfully republished) mission to re-appear. It would be nice (IMO) if someone in the know from Cryptic could post an update on the auto-republishing situation, because based on player speculation, it appears:

1) the republish process has stalled.

2) Its been suspended by TPTB at Cryptic while they work on getting the Holodeck server farm better stabilized and some of the more major bugs fixed.

3) There are A LOT more missions that failed republishing this time around due to various issues, related to Foundry changes, republish script issues, possible server issues, etc.

^^^
    but it would be nice to have an official comment on the situation rather than all this speculation as to what's going on with the Foundry post LoR launch.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."