test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is it? (Reputation Mark Rewards)

2»

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did they ever fix the daily tholian invasion in tau dewa? ive seen it happen exactly one time in the last month, and i spend a large amount of time in that sector block.

every other time it popped it "had already been completed", but it had literally just popped up

So whatever.

Omega marks are easy to get (i average 500 an hour when i try)

Fleet marks are easy to get (i average about 200 an hour when i try and if the queues pop quickly)

Romulan marks are kinda cruddy to get as youre railroaded into bunny raising or grinding 5-10 mark missions on newrom (the dailies are ok WHEN THEY WORK) - about 40 an hour with a bonus 75 from the daily

Nukara Marks are a joke. Youre lucky if you grind 50 an hour at BEST

Development, you need to balance marks per hour gain equal to the omega mark possible output in order for these new reps to even be fair. Just make elite versions of the existing single/double chevron fleet actions and triple or quadruple the marks output.

Simple as. Scale the bosses/mobs accordingly. If youre worried about people pounding through it quickly, just remember that it takes about a month just to reach tier 5 no matter how you do it (need 100,000 rep, at 2800 possible every 20 hours). 714 hours JUST on rep projects. This doesnt even include time spend on requisitions/unlocks/upgrades.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this topic is the nail in the coffin for me.

This topic bring a lot of insight in how utterly long it takes to grind up these reputations and how unrewarding they eventually are. They need to balance rep rewards on par with Fleet Marks. In many cases you're going to need more Marks in these Reps than you'll need for the respective Fleet Gear parallel without much trade off, and don't even get me talking about Dilithium.

Right now the only relaxing grinding content in this game is ISE. Everything else that's been released either doesn't give enough marks, or doesn't attract enough people to actually do the events (CE). This is mixed with a really uninformed pug community in comparison to organised gameplay.

The problem is that out of my 4 characters, only one of them is "Finished" with his build. 2/4 of them actually have the Ships I want and I am also forced to grind Dilithium on them for any chance of getting the End game weapons or Shield/Engine/Deflector sets.

My Romulan right now is like a wet napkin because he doesn't have Borg/MACO and the ship I want costs yet another pile of EC that I don't have the time to grind for because I'm grinding 32K Dil/day along side FMs on 4 different characters.

Yea why can't we have just EC and Dil again? I miss it when it was Season 5 and everything was easy.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For love of god get rid of all these Marks and just give us Rep Marks.
    Romulan marks are hard to get and i dont want to raise bunny wabbits.
    But Nukara Marks....... i am not even going to bother, what a waste.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would at least welcome an opportunity to convert one type of Marks into another, for example Omega -> Nukara... like 50 Omega for 25 Nukara or something similar. I have no hopes for a 1:1 conversion rate, but this would be a solution anyway.

Either that, on boost the rewards from Azure/Crystalline or add some Tholian STF or something.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grind Grind Grind Grind Grind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quinnb1quinnb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sdkraust wrote: »

...I don't have the time to grind for because I'm grinding 32K Dil/day along side FMs on 4 different characters.

Pardon me for being dumb, but can you share the steps you are taking to grind 32K Dilithium per day? I could really use some pointers...

thanks!
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Grind Grind Grind Grind Grind

Grinding for rep passives and new gear to use...on almost the exact same content that doesn't actually get any harder.

We have a game here that is basically just in love with adding new systems and new ships (classes) but they rarely give us anything new to do with it that is actually even a tiny bit challenging.

The biggest effect these powers have is usually in the wild swings of PvP balance, which from everything I can gather, the team doesn't really care about in its current state.

We get at least some pity-love from devs like Bort, and I'm constantly grateful for that.

I really don't think I can possibly grind the CE to get all my characters their needed rep, and the Azure nebula is such a slow, painful, snooze-fest with enemies that don't even threaten players that I think I'm almost at the point where I just can't be bothered.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quinnb1 wrote: »
    pardon Me For Being Dumb, But Can You Share The Steps You Are Taking To Grind 32k Dilithium Per Day? I Could Really Use Some Pointers...

Thanks!

4*8000 = 32000

easy to get in STFs

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • quinnb1quinnb1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    4*8000 = 32000

easy to get in STFs

Ohhh, D E R P... I seemed to have skipped the details there.... I get it...
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The supposed Dev argument is that STFs are more difficult than other PvE content, so award more. And I'm ok with that, *IF*...

However, they need to create STFs (at least one each) for Romulan and Nukara Reps systems. Ones of similar difficulty to the Omega STFs that award the same Marks, Dilithium, and EC (through random gear drops).

Further, both Omega and Nukara need a ~20 minute "Daily Patrol" similar to the Tau Dewa Sector Block mission that rewards 60 appropriate Marks (75 during Event time). Basically, a medium Space PvE Daily.

This, I would enjoy. I actually kind of like the Tau Dewa Sector Block patrol. I'd also enjoy STF-type events, too.

Overall, I agree, there are far too few ways to earn Nukara marks, and those that exist give far too few marks.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Why they do not create new STF like content for Rom Rep, Nukara, etc., escapes me.

Because STFs are relatively fun and quick, can require a minimun of skill on elite and are an overall good experience. The idea is to keep you in the game as long as possible, metrics tell them that by awarding tiny amounts of marks they will do that. Of course, how players react will form new metrics based on which they will change things around. Right now people are still too in awe of the new story content to really get any traction from Tholian rep.... but the complaints are already starting up...
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eklinaar wrote: »
    This, I would enjoy. I actually kind of like the Tau Dewa Sector Block patrol. I'd also enjoy STF-type events, too.

The ppl who made the original STF's are gone from Cryptic .
    Every piece of content (including the two "new" STF's from S.7) point to this conclusion .

Cryptic is into making chores now .
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vault Ensnared gave me ~40 to 50 marks [that really does feel high].
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Further, both Omega and Nukara need a ~20 minute "Daily Patrol" similar to the Tau Dewa Sector Block mission that rewards 60 appropriate Marks (75 during Event time). Basically, a medium Space PvE Daily.

Or they could change the Tau Dewa Sector Daily so that it has a choice of 60 Romulan Marks, Nukara Marks, or Fleet Marks. Would be a lot quicker than creating new missions. A Gamma Orionis Sector Daily is absolutely essential for Omega Marks. Was completely burned out on the game doing all the STFs to get the STF ground sets Mk XII.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, thats a good idea.