test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

npc torpedos OP

macawi1169macawi1169 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Is this just me or did the NPC torpedos get way OP overnight? Yesterday compaired to today same ship and gear major difference in terms of NPC torp damage. One torp spread killed all shields plus wiped 90% hull in one shot on my star cruiser. Yesterday scratched my shields a bit. I am just asking because I need to make sure I'm not going insane all of a sudden.:confused:
Post edited by macawi1169 on

Comments

• lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macawi1169 wrote: »
    Is this just me or did the NPC torpedos get way OP overnight? Yesterday compaired to today same ship and gear major difference in terms of NPC torp damage. One torp spread killed all shields plus wiped 90% hull in one shot on my star cruiser. Yesterday scratched my shields a bit. I am just asking because I need to make sure I'm not going insane all of a sudden.:confused:

Did you check your difficulty settings? Is it possible you joined someone in a group who had the difficulty set to elite? Because in that case the difficulty may be set to elite for you as well.
    I play on elite, and the high yield/torpedo spread torpedo's basically 1 shot you if you are not careful, just like you describe. On normal difficulty not so much.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    npcs always did 5 times the dmg player would to shields, if you dont use eptsX or similar shield res skills, sure it goes thru the shields.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • yargomeshyargomesh Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the Cube's High Yield Torpedoes in KASE doing a lot more damage than usual, nearly double in fact. I wonder if they just got a crazy amount of CrtH, but I definitely have to pay more attention to them now than I did.
  • macawi1169macawi1169 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you check your difficulty settings? Is it possible you joined someone in a group who had the difficulty set to elite? Because in that case the difficulty may be set to elite for you as well.
    I play on elite, and the high yield/torpedo spread torpedo's basically 1 shot you if you are not careful, just like you describe. On normal difficulty not so much.

The settings are on normal and still same issues
  • heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My honest guess is that all NPCs had a stealthbuff due to LoR's power creep for players:
    1. Warp Cores
    2. New/More Traits
    3. New passives from additional reputation line

All three (made/are making/will make in the future) us more powerful compared to NPCs. I guess they were buffed in an attempt to keep PVE around the same level of difficulty.