test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since I've had all this free time.....

tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
I thought I would post regarding some of the problems I have with the game and some things I would like to see changed:

-Why is the Request Reinforcement button visible (grayed out) when the option to do so is not available.
-When I go to ESD and select Dock, why does an extra dialog box pop up asking if I want to dock at the
station? There's no where else to dock. I mean there is no option to dock at the Orion Pleasure Barge...
-When leveling a toon, why bother displaying that purple message from center screen to top left in a tiny font
that is virtually impossible to read telling the player that he or she has just received xp?
-About the chat interface,.. Why is it that, often when I am trying to type a sentence, suddenly and without
warning, I am no longer typing, dialog boxes are popping up or suddenly I am running forward or in battle
mode or the long sentence I was just about to complete disappears entirely?
-Why do I need to see a notification every time somebody loots a Very Rare ship from a Lock Box? I don't care
if someone I don't know gets a lucky drop and I don't need the game to reassure that the ships are actually
dropping.
-Why can't I train my Factional Boffs, on my Romulan toons, that is to say on my Romulan KDF toon I can train
my Remen and Romulan Boffs but I can't train Klingon, Orion, Nausican, Liberated Borg, etc....
-Why can't I train my KDF faction Boffs at the New Romulus Command Center Boff Trainer?
-Why can't I train my Romulan or Remen Boffs at the Qo'nos Boff Trainer?
-Why does my Romuan KDF toon not have access to the Back Armor costume option?
-Why are the costume options for KDF and Romulan/Remen toons so limited?
-Why doesn't the Transwarp capability cool down expire when I am not logged on to that toon. So I transwarp
to DS9, queue up a couple Doff missions and log off that toon. Two days later I log back on and I still have
to wait 12 minutes to Transwarp to my Starbase. Why?
-Why is there this arbitrary limit on how much Dilithium I can refine every 20 hours?
-Why can't I access my bank from my ship interior? I mean isn't it just reasonable that I would store my
stuff on my ship? What exactly is the point of making me go to a Space Station or a Planet to access my bank?
-Why don't my ship abilities/console cool down when I go on a ground mission. For example if I use Point
Defense System in a space encounter, then Beam down to the surface or beam to a ship or a station or whatever, spend 10, 20 minutes doing the away team part of the mission then beam back to my ship, the Point Defense console still has a cool down?...
- Puzzle missions, for example Coliseum, why does my entire away team beam down when there's nothing on the space staion to fight, but I digress. What is up with all teh puzzle missions anyway? I've been playing this
game since Beta and not once have I encountered one player who said, "Oh that mission was great fun, I just
loved spending 2 hours deciphering the cryptic hints and selecting the cryptic options. Hot, sour, A little
pick me up will do, stemmed glass, a drop of honey,... Blue green yellow,... Edit this file to say this or
that,... Nobody play MMO's to solve puzzles. Well that is a sort of blanket statement but aside from a few
trolls am pretty confident in saying that the vast majority of STO players agree. The puzzle missions are
just annoying. Seriously, just stop it.
-Fleet Daily, Inspect Cadets/Beks glitched. I will start with the Fed side. Some times when you call the
cadets out some of them don't salute so you are never prompted to salute back so you can't complete the
mission. You can't dismiss them either. I tried going down to a another level and farting around for while
then coming back, same thing. On the KDF side the glitch is different but it has the same affect. The Beks
come out, they salute you salute them "Qaplah" but about half the time one of the Beks has nothing you can
correct him/her on. Collar Correct, Uniform Correct, Boots Clean and Shined, Posture Correct. So your done.
Again I tried getting a new group of Beks but the glitch is still there. In both above cases you have no
choice but to drop the mission and try again in 20 hours.
-Romulan toons can't do Fleet or Embassy Dailies BTW. I am just guessing that you intended to make Romulans a new faction then changed you mind and went with the Allegiance thing and it got half baked so Fed and KDF sides don't fully recognize Romulans as Fed or KDF. Actually I am glad you went with the Allegiance idea because I wouldn't want to have to manage 3 Fleets.
- The login screen, not the launcher, the login screen you get when the game disconnect or your login times
out, well, I merged my Cryptic acount with PWE several months ago and I cleared my Cryptic ID and put in my
PWE username and checked "Remeber my username" and still about half the time the when I get the login screen the username field is populated with my old Cryptic ID.
-Commodities,... how about this,... How about you make it so all Commodities Vendors (including the summonable cargo ships) have all the various commodities so we don't have to fly all over the univers (especially on the KDF side) to buy commodities for Fleet/Embassy/Reputation projects. How'd that be?
- How about a mission on Risa that will unlock a costume something similar to the Orion Female bikini for all
races?
- why are there not Gorn, Lethian, Ferasan or Nausican females? I may be wrong about Ferasan, never really saw a female but then I never really tried to make one either.
- How about putting a vendor on the Fleet Starbase that will buy Vendor Trash?
- How about a select all button to the interface when contributing Doffs to projects? If you have more doffs
than the project requires it will select what is needed to fill the project starting from the top down. It
takes a lot of time to select 70 doffs one at a time.
- Commodity stacks, lets double or the stack limit to 500 or even up to 1000 and make it so they can be
purchased in those numbers instead of 100 at a time. Again it takes a long time to buy 7500 commodities 100
at a time. IMHO uping the consumables stacks in similar ratios would be nice too.
- A word about Camera Settings. I prefer the Free Camera setting but randomly, usually at the very beginning of an Elite STF the game will decided to change my Camera setting to Follow Target. Very annoying.
- Action bars, can we get rid of the scroll up/down arrows on the action bars or put some selection in Options to hide them? Just the arrows right, it's really annoying when I miss the fire weapons buttons and hit one of those arrows.
- Would it be okay to make it so that when I go to look at my ship inventory my Action Bar doesn't get reset even though my action bar is locked and I didn't change anything?
- The Inventory Sort button,... exactly what criteria is used to when you hit the sort button? Every time I have accidently hit it, it makes a mess. Could you like, put a confirmation box on that. Are you sure you want to randomly place the entire contents of your inventory in all the slots from the top down? Yes or No.
- Oh an this would be great,.. can you make it so I only have to decline a mission like "Go to DS9 and talk to Cpt. Kurkland" once. That is to say if I decline it once, can we assume that the next time I log on, I still don't want to do that mission?
- Sirius Sector roaming Cargo Ship, the pop up dialog box "My apologies but I must be going" (verbiage ?), even if you are not interacting with them they interupt you and in some cases they blow away your session with the Azura. Sighs.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Why is there this arbitrary limit on how much Dilithium I can refine every 20 hours?

There isn't. You choose to be a roleplayer that won't switch characters and go right on refining.

Extra character slots and raising the refining cap are literally the exact same thing.

Let me also point out again that a KDF character with a decent DOFF crew can cap 8K without even running a mission. Though a 6K a day average on pure DOFFing is more easily attainable. It's just a matter of having the time to do DOFFing for multiple characters.

Then again if people have time to play to some theoretical level more than 8K a day on one character, they clearly have the time to play multiples.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • shaltorshaltor Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "- Puzzle missions, for example Coliseum, why does my entire away team beam down when there's nothing on the space station to fight, but I digress.

What is up with all the puzzle missions anyway? I've been playing this
    game since Beta and not once have I encountered one player who said, "Oh that mission was great fun, I just loved spending 2 hours deciphering the cryptic hints and selecting the cryptic options. Hot, sour, A little pick me up will do, stemmed glass, a drop of honey,... Blue green yellow,... Edit this file to say this or that,... Nobody play MMO's to solve puzzles. Well that is a sort of blanket statement but aside from a few trolls am pretty confident in saying that the vast majority of STO players agree. The puzzle missions are just annoying. Seriously, just stop it."

I've never liked them either, but I do like the mini-games.

"-Why doesn't the Transwarp capability cool down expire when I am not logged on to that toon. So I transwarp
    to DS9, queue up a couple Doff missions and log off that toon. Two days later I log back on and I still have
    to wait 12 minutes to Transwarp to my Starbase. Why?"

Also very annoying.

"- Commodity stacks, lets double or the stack limit to 500 or even up to 1000 and make it so they can be
    purchased in those numbers instead of 100 at a time. Again it takes a long time to buy 7500 commodities 100
    at a time. IMHO uping the consumables stacks in similar ratios would be nice too."

This would be another welcome change.
    edited May 2013
    There isn't. You choose to be a roleplayer that won't switch characters and go right on refining.

Extra character slots and raising the refining cap are literally the exact same thing.

Let me also point out again that a KDF character with a decent DOFF crew can cap 8K without even running a mission. Though a 6K a day average on pure DOFFing is more easily attainable. It's just a matter of having the time to do DOFFing for multiple characters.

Then again if people have time to play to some theoretical level more than 8K a day on one character, they clearly have the time to play multiples.

Um, who said I was a roleplayer that won't switch toon? Are you mixing this thread up with another?

DERP!,... what part of why did you not understand?l I have 5 lvl 50 toons all of which have over 50k unrefined Dil. The question was why is there a 8k cap? If I have 50k ore on a toon why not let me refine it?

Looks like someone needs to improve their reading retention...
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kind of like the puzzles :o They make a nice change from the usual cookie-cutter approach of "shoot ships, beam down, shoot people, beam up, shoot ships, hand in mission".

It's just a shame the puzzles aren't a bit harder or have fail conditions (although then you'll get people complaining that they can't solve a simple maths equation).
    edited May 2013
    I kind of like the puzzles :o They make a nice change from the usual cookie-cutter approach of "shoot ships, beam down, shoot people, beam up, shoot ships, hand in mission".

It's just a shame the puzzles aren't a bit harder or have fail conditions (although then you'll get people complaining that they can't solve a simple maths equation).

I kinda like to hit myself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, who said I was a roleplayer that won't switch toon? Are you mixing this thread up with another?

DERP!,... what part of why did you not understand?l I have 5 lvl 50 toons all of which have over 50k unrefined Dil. The question was why is there a 8k cap? If I have 50k ore on a toon why not let me refine it?

Looks like someone needs to improve their reading retention...

the dilithium zen exchange market would crash. making dilithium worthless per zen

that's your answer like it or not
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda like to hit myself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop.

And what a strange habits some people do have...
  • dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Commodities,... how about this,... How about you make it so all Commodities Vendors (including the summonable cargo ships) have all the various commodities so we don't have to fly all over the univers (especially on the KDF side) to buy commodities for Fleet/Embassy/Reputation projects. How'd that be?

They already did, for the common variety commodities: "I" for Inventory, click Replicator button, scroll down. With the exception of the green and blue commodities, I'm fairly certain that all the others are available there.
  • nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dragon47 wrote: »
    They already did, for the common variety commodities: "I" for Inventory, click Replicator button, scroll down. With the exception of the green and blue commodities, I'm fairly certain that all the others are available there.

Or, if you want to buy them for a lower price, get yourself a Tuffli. Or, if the ship cost too much for you, ask someone for invite -- there's a Tuffli or two flying around in sector...