test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystaline Entity Mega Greifing

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
I was just in the Crystaline Entity Event (Normal, not Elite, Elite is mega bugged) and there were a couple of griefers, purposely ramming themselves into the small shards, Mega Buffing the Crystaline Entity to well over 100+ BUFFs. Which resulted in the CE's Beams 1-shotting players.

I reported these individuals (doubt CSR will do anything since they never crack down on griefers anymore). But due to it being late at night, there is only 1 instance of the CE going (this griefed instance), which means NO Nukara Marks and no Projects for the night.

So I for one would like it if Cryptic gave better alternatives to these Nukara Marks that didn't require us to spend hours on Nukara, grinding away or running into these griefers in the PvE queues.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read the description text that the Admiral provides. You can clear the +damage buffs by using e.g. Tachyon Beam (and some other sci abilities). Bring a hangar of delta flyers and a tachyon beam on your own ship and you can fairly reliably clear all the buffs. At least this was my experience in a CE elite pug a couple of days ago (we couldn't win because of the bugged regen, but the CE's damage was not a problem) - not sure if players intentionally ramming shards could overwhelm your tach beams, but it felt like I had a fairly good safety margin with hangar + boff tach beams.

(Note: I have been doing CE normal as my only source of Nukara marks so far, and never had any problem completing it in pugs.)
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, please don't pretend that there are no griefers out there.

The guy was constantly within 1km of the CE and purposely creating small shards that buffed it to the point that it was over 100, which caused those beams to be super lasers and 1-shotting everyone and it's regeneration got to be insane, it went from 30 to 50% within 10 seconds. Even with people pulling out their Tachyon Beams, this griefer made it impossible to take down. Eventually people got fed up and left.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, please don't pretend that there are no griefers out there.
    Dude, include more relevant information in your post next time. How about mentioning how many tachyon beams / delta flyers you had?

Your initial report is very unclear when it comes to deciding whether you were simply unprepared to deal with the mechanics or if a griefer can really create sufficiently many problems to make it impossible to complete the instance.

And even then: Are you sure it was an intentional griefer and not just a clueless player who did not read the informaton text? Just being close to the CE could also mean he wanted to maximise his damage output by reducing the range-penalty on cannons.
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nukara Marks can be obtained from any mission in which the reward is described as "Choice of Marks". I don't remember all the names of them off-hand, but I typically do the Azure Nebula mission for a quick 30 marks of my choice. You will get a big crate in your inventory, letting you pick from:

-Fleet Marks
    -Romulan Marks
    -Nukara Marks

Your final reward for one run is 5 Fleet Marks and X number of Your Choice.
  • borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the elite version of the crys. ent. needs serious attention, it is way too hard, you hardly make a dent on it and its beams are way too strong!! :mad: GET IT FIXED PLEASE
    Sto%20Final.png
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Vault STF is also a good source of Nukara marks. I've given up on CCN for now, it's far more 'work' than it was during the event. Not sure why that would be except for fewer geared players queuing for it.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I for one would like it if Cryptic gave better alternatives to these Nukara Marks that didn't require us to spend hours on Nukara, grinding away or running into these griefers in the PvE queues.

You can get 20-ish nukara marks in 15 minutes with Azure Nebula.

And you don't need to spend hours on Nukara. Here's a few pointers for Nukara:
    1. watch zone chat, hards collect (without forming teams just walk right in and participate) outside the middle cave for exterior and middle elevator for interior. When there's about 7 or so people some random shlub says "let's go" and then everyone does.
    2. after doing an exterior go immediately to the interior, and the referse. Half of the people need both (the other half just finished both) so there's a constant cycle happening. Once you get in on it, you just ride it.
    3. interior missions other than the hard aren't worth your time unless you enjoy them or have a team.
    4. exterior missions: Skip "rescuing redshirts" but do the other three. blow your 10 devices up top and then head down into the medium sector to finish gathering your reports while closing doors. On the closing doors, You get credit for any portal that is closed while you're in the zone even if you're not teamed so that one finishes very fast.

You can get 60-ish nukara marks in about 45 minutes or so. Making it close to the quality of normal STFs if you fail the optionals. It's not great, but it's not bad and if you're there for hours, you're wasting time because the hards are the best rewards.
  • epicmaster200epicmaster200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to make a more PVE for nukara marks....
    right now they only have 4.... :(
    ***Warning***
    This Post May Cause damage to unEPIC people...
    If you have trouble while reading this post. You are not EPIC enough to read it.

• maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to make a more PVE for nukara marks....
    right now they only have 4.... :(

personaly id like to see the pack with a choice of marks to choose from its a nice feature, it lets people play what ever they want and still make progress. ive nver been a fan of gating missions, rewards or time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borgx666 wrote: »
    the elite version of the crys. ent. needs serious attention, it is way too hard, you hardly make a dent on it and its beams are way too strong!! :mad: GET IT FIXED PLEASE
    First people complain the elite stuff's too easy, now they complain it's too hard... what a surprise :rolleyes:
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The elite CE is currently bugged.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mancom wrote: »
    Dude, include more relevant information in your post next time. How about mentioning how many tachyon beams / delta flyers you had?

Your initial report is very unclear when it comes to deciding whether you were simply unprepared to deal with the mechanics or if a griefer can really create sufficiently many problems to make it impossible to complete the instance.

And even then: Are you sure it was an intentional griefer and not just a clueless player who did not read the informaton text? Just being close to the CE could also mean he wanted to maximise his damage output by reducing the range-penalty on cannons.

Kind of hard to have Delta Flyers using Tachyone Beams WHEN MOST SHIPS IN STO ARE NOT CARRIERS!

And you can't get anymore specific than people purposely running into Small Shards to mega buff the CE?

So you want me to suggest something useful, how about them limiting that Re-Crystaline to 50, so it doesn't super charge and have it a failed instance.

That or provide more means to debuff that Recrystalize trait.

You can get 20-ish nukara marks in 15 minutes with Azure Nebula.

And you don't need to spend hours on Nukara. Here's a few pointers for Nukara:.

No offense, but doing Nukara grinding is the worst idea anyone can suggest. 5, 10, 15 Marks? That's a complete waste of time.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The elite CE is currently bugged.

Normal CE has its own issues. Notably Tholian ships and shards being randomly invincible, and the CE itself not dropping it's buffs.
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so you got griefed? so what can we do about it? call microsoft?
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."