test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PWE/Cryptic billing in Ireland?

blitzpigblitzpig Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I attempted to purchase a lifetime sub today, my bank blocked it because it went to Ireland.

Is Ireland really correct or am I being TRIBBLE? (It happened once before BTW with my original sub).
Post edited by blitzpig on

Comments

• Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the European end of Perfect World is situated in Amsterdam, but STO is handled by the North American subsidiary, so why you see Ireland is a mystery to me at least. Although it wouldn't surprise me if PW billing was run by leprachauns.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just tried my g00gle fu,

Nothing about PWE in Ireland.

Anyone else have their billing for accounts routed through an Irish company?
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless they are on a tax dodge :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE's European office is in Amsterdam. Skrill, the company that handles transactions for PWE is based in the UK, though. But I don't believe it's based out of Northern Ireland. I'm fairly sure the Skrill HQ is in London.

Edit: Yeah, just looked it up. Skrill is in London.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well this is a revolting development.

I actually want to give PWE money and now I have no way that I am comfortable with to do so.

What a world we live in.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can use Paypal and get around Skrill entirely - assuming that's where the problem is at.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    flatfoots78flatfoots78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use paypal with a credit card/ debit card no issues for me. I do hate paypal but its hard to argue the simplicity. I have a Lts (since release) and the legacy pack. My bank has only squawked once and it was easily fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough I've had more trouble with PayPal than any other provider...

:(
  • Options
    benoliverwillockbenoliverwillock Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless they are on a tax dodge :P

Lol, that was my first thought too! Its been on the news alot, so someone at PWE must've seen it and said "Hey, 2% tax? thats a good idea!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]