test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turning off 'helpful new player hints' how?

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd pay MONEY to turn off this damn box.

It's just past annoying, and risen to the point of stabbity-annoying.
    edited February 2010
    /signed

I hate the pop-up tip also. I want a way to disable them.

BTW if you leave your "current" weapon slot empty, like I do for my Kung Fu Captain, you will beam down with no drawn weapons.
    edited February 2010
    I found the Tip Pop-up (or Badgy) a real nuisance as well. Here's a helpful workaround that I use since Dev has been unable to fix this issue:

Prerequisite(s):
    1) Duct Tape
    2) A 4x4 inch piece of cardboard

Workaround:
    1) Using the Duct Tape apply the 4x4 inch piece of cardboard to the lower right corner of your computer screen

This will effectively "disable" the Tip Pop-up

Hope this helps!

Additionally, you can use this workaround to customize your IU. I have a pic of The Fonz giving the thumbs up with the quote "Ayyyyyy"
    edited February 2010
    yeah lets disable this. granted the game is only two weeks old, but we dont need new tool tips after the first few hours, im pretty sure everyone who plays this game played for a few hours the first day.
    edited February 2010
    This would be a good thing. My Admiral knows how to play the game and where vendors are at Sol station. By virtue of that, my alts also know where things are, and if they don't, they'll find them. :p

Q, where are you?! Snap the fingers and make some fixes. ;) Or poke the people who do the coding and see if it's a relatively easy fix to make. hehe
    edited February 2010
    Badgy what badgy we don't need no stinking badgy. Allow us to turn of the newbie player hints please or I'm spacing the tribbles.
    edited February 2010
    necroing this thread for good reason, make it so!
    edited February 2010
    Yes, It is really annoying. Give us a way to turn it off.
    edited February 2010
    *hops aboard as well*

I've been wondering for a while now how one can deactivate those popups. They are helpful the first few times you are at Earth Spacedock, but after that they just get more and more annoying.

"disable automatic help window popup" - or something like that.

.... and no, "kill badgy" as an option would confuse everyone who has not read this thread :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    Yet another example of how completely and totally unfinished all aspects of this game are. "Welcome to Star Trek Online, where you pay us to beta test our game!"

I was always a fan of blizzard games back from original Warcraft and Diablo and such. And I always found their insistance that they do not release games until they are finished a quirky yet harmless trait that I didn't really understand.

Now having played games by other companies... yeah, thanks Blizzard, how I misunderstood you!
    edited February 2010
    Me thinks you took a wrong turn there. The "casually rant about Cryptic and STO" threads are 'round some other corner.
    edited February 2010
    Me thinks you took a wrong turn there. The "casually rant about Cryptic and STO" threads are 'round some other corner.

I'm sorry madame forum moderator, I didn't realize there were so many complaints about STO that there is a special locatin for them all.
    edited August 2010
    Sooo. is there a way to turn this off yet or no?
    edited August 2010
    decoy26517 wrote: »

Let me check....

(Walks into Earth Dock Shipyard)

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
    edited August 2010
    decoy26517 wrote: »

No...

/10char
    edited November 2010
    Really, this still hasn't been done. PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE CAN TURN OFF TIPS!!! Or at least make them only come up once.
    edited March 2012
    It is 2012 now, and when you create a new char, that annoying tips screen is still there. And there is STILL no way to disable it. Un-be-f***ing-lievable! @#%@^% !
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • mnemonicmachinemnemonicmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just in case anyone is still looking for this:

Click on the ? icon on the minimap. It will have the option to turn on/off the help tips.

Cheers