test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exploration cruiser- console set bonus?

misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hello,

With LoR, Romulan ships of the same type but different tier (refit&retrofit), that have their consoles on the same ship get a set bonus.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=887721

Would you like to see something similar done with the Exploration cruiser when the Antimatter Spread and Seperation consoles are on present on the same ship?

What would you like to see?

Discuss!:)
Post edited by misterde3 on

Comments

• Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like +20% energy weapon damage.
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited May 2013
    I could be wrong here but doesn't the saucer section get the anti-matter spread ability when both consoles are on the ship.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It did. I'm not sure, as of Season 8, if this still applies.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I could be wrong here but doesn't the saucer section get the anti-matter spread ability when both consoles are on the ship.
    It did. I'm not sure, as of Season 8, if this still applies.

I'm not sure why it shouldn't work any longer.
    However it's not exactly the same kind of set bonus I was talking about.;)
    That the saucer gets AMS is more like synergy not a set bonus.
    A bonus provides additional stats to the ship beyond what the individual consoles do.
    But I think you guys know that.:)
  • Options
    row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your not the first to suggest this idea. I did so a while back. No one seemed to care about it then. However, I still support it.

One problem with this is due to the cross faction consoles the KDF & now Roms have it to. But the devs could create another galaxy antimatter spread that is specific one for the 2 set bonus.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    row124 wrote: »
    Your not the first to suggest this idea. I did so a while back. No one seemed to care about it then. However, I still support it.

One problem with this is due to the cross faction consoles the KDF & now Roms have it to. But the devs could create another galaxy antimatter spread that is specific one for the 2 set bonus.

Hey thanks.:)
    It seems I am not completely alone.

However I don't really see a problem because no other ship can use the separation console so no other ship can get the bonus anyway.;)
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not do this with all of the ships that have a T5 and a non-T5 version that have consoles/other things?

Like using the Quad Cannons and Cloak on the Defiant-R

Both Tachyon consoles on the Nebula-R

PDS and Torpedo PDS on the Armitage

Nadeon Detonator and Ablative Generator on the Intrepid-R
  • Options
    row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree the devs should do this. Why not? We purchased these consoles.

For example: I purchased the Galaxy-Refit & the Galaxy-Retrofit form the Z-store. One came with antimatter spread console & the other with saucer separation console. I don't see anything wrong with a very simple & basic 2-piece set bonus.

Now I'm not calling for very much. They can choose what they feel is best to give. All I'm saying is for them not to forget the Galaxy class fans like myself who saved up their hard earned money to buy these consoles and still want to be somewhat competitive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why not do this with all of the ships that have a T5 and a non-T5 version that have consoles/other things?

Like using the Quad Cannons and Cloak on the Defiant-R

Both Tachyon consoles on the Nebula-R

PDS and Torpedo PDS on the Armitage

Nadeon Detonator and Ablative Generator on the Intrepid-R

It's a good idea.
    I basically picked the Galaxy to pitch this idea because...well the current Galaxy is a badly regarded that there was a campaign on the forums no to give the D'deridex a "Failaxy" setup.
    Pretty much shows the ship is somewhat synonymous with bad stats so it needs all the help it can get.
    So yeah, if there's interest why not.
    Geko said in a "Priority" broadcast that they'd look at ways to rebalance the existing C-Store ships after LoR and this might be a step in that direction.

*EDIT he said there was never any intent to include a "planned obsolescence" for these ships*