test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Killing the borg cube

talonkuro1talonkuro1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Has anyone beaten the borg cube yet in Sleepers and if so, what did you do to beat that thing? Keep getting almost one or two shotted fighting that thing each time.
Post edited by talonkuro1 on

Comments

• tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tactic I employed is to let your ally, the Fraire, catch up and take the aggro first. I just waited under cloak until that had happened, and then let loose with everything I had. No problems after that.
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • talonkuro1talonkuro1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, will let it do the work then, worst case I might beg a higher ranked fleet member to help beat it down if I get impatient.
  • nightbringer83nightbringer83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had 3x purple dual disruptor hvy cannons no tac consoles cos those are insanly overpriced atm. Unloaded everything i had from cloak. It did the job tho had to use quantum absorbtion and went splat from warpcore breach.
  • gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got it down quite a bit, but then I exploded right beside it, and it died :)
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play with a friend/fleet-mate/random person and it'll be MUCH easier.
  • talonkuro1talonkuro1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beat it just now, died twice but the trick for solo is to let your ally get the agro and do the damage. Battle cloak is a wonderful thing.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    APA + FOMM + CRF + THY = Dead in seconds. You can still alpha strike at low levels. If you're an Eng or Sci captain, you'll need to employ your class skills to either out tank it or debuff it. Haven't really played those classes, so can't comment in detail. Also, don't forget you have your Singularity powers. Quantum Inversion saved my butt when the cube exploded right next to me.

In general, remember that you don't have to and probably SHOULDN'T just accept the default skills your Boffs come with. Look at your ship, decide what you need, and retrain them before investing any expertise.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg