test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game got broke on may 21st 2013

wlc355wlc355 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Hello everyone

This game worked fine until may 21st 2013 it will probably take them a year or 2 to fix the issues that this game is having. Other MMORPG companies avoid these types of issues by thoroughly testing each expansion pack before deployment. It may take them 1 to 2 years before they deploy them but at least they will work correctly unlike this game.
Post edited by wlc355 on

Comments

• Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wlc355 wrote: »
    Hello everyone

This game worked fine until may 21st 2013 it will probably take them a year or 2 to fix the issues that this game is having. Other MMORPG companies avoid these types of issues by thoroughly testing each expansion pack before deployment. It may take them 1 to 2 years before they deploy them but at least they will work correctly unlike this game.

As one of the beta testers, let me point out something people forget. The devs use a copy 2-3 generations ahead of what the testers actually test. So we find the bugs, they already fix them in their copy etc.

So even if we test up to the last second, we will never have fully tested an expansion... how ever that said. The maint patchs are a diff story that **** could be tested fully on the night before on tribble so this TRIBBLE doesnt happen!

A test shard should never be shut down for months at a time like they do, a test shard shouldnt be run the way they run it aka locking out cstore ships/gear etc. If your a tester on a test shard you need to be able to test every ship, every bit of gear, of all types, every item should be free and available from the get go.

Why test a older ship? Cause that ship might have got bugged in a patch and no one will know cause no one can test said item etc. Ive been a beta tester for a lot of things and cryptic is by far the worst at it.

Everything should be run through TC first so that a **** up on live is so rare the moon might fall from the sky if it happens.
  • Options
    nirraminnirramin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game worked fine until may 21st 2013

Yeah, right. And it was called 'Star Trek Offline' for no reason at all...:D
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It had a Warp explosion which is why.

To the above how did you get to be beta testor me being a closed beta testor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    ballderballder Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never seen a game has messed up this much after they have launched a new patch. everything points to a ruch job to get our money as quickly as possible. I loved this game before, but when they just throw in it without having tested it enough it starts to look like a money scam ever more. the game looks great and I had been able to enjoy an incredible amount of it if it would have worked to play
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone

Not true at all. There have been ongoing issues for weeks with the stability of the servers, ever since the supposed "fan incident". The servers were wobbly before LoR and the load/patch was the proverbial straw, imo.

I saw this coming weeks ago and wrote as much and so did many others. Neverwinter using the parts of the same login infrastructure hasn't helped anything, either.

With the load density this high, I'm calling it now that it can't be fixed and the only thing that will make a dent is for less people to play. (normal bugs with actual game architecture not included)

Client/server communication, it appears, is just jammed. For those thinking "they've got it this time" haven't been paying any attention at all the last month.

No, no...they don't "have it".
  • Options
    dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ballder wrote: »
    I've never seen a game has messed up this much after they have launched a new patch. everything points to a ruch job to get our money as quickly as possible. I loved this game before, but when they just throw in it without having tested it enough it starts to look like a money scam ever more. the game looks great and I had been able to enjoy an incredible amount of it if it would have worked to play

You've obviously never played The Old Republic, hell they find a way to break things w/o even doing a patch half the time.

The only thing that is really annoying me now is I seem to server DC on almost every map load, no matter where I am. This was not an issue and never happened up until the new expansion was released.
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given that I and many others (who have posted our forum pleas for help, to no avail) have been completely locked-out of Star Trek Online since the Legacy of Romulus expansion launched (71 hours now), I'd have to say that STO was bent out of shape prior to launch and yes, is broken as of May 21, 2013.
  • Options
    emeraldagenda12emeraldagenda12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really have anything to say here about myself, but I can tell you right now most of you cry and cry for the expansion to be released and when it finally launches, wants it to be tested longer.

Most, but not all of you are Cryptic's "No Win Scenario"
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dashuk2381 wrote: »
    You've obviously never played The Old Republic, hell they find a way to break things w/o even doing a patch half the time.

The only thing that is really annoying me now is I seem to server DC on almost every map load, no matter where I am. This was not an issue and never happened up until the new expansion was released.

Heck, even when they don't break something, they "accidentally" purge the forums or, most recently, mistakenly detect a new usable item as an external hack and ban thousands of accounts by mistake.

And TOR's pretty good on the matter. Everquest used to be down for a week every expansion, and they were doing a LOT of expansions early on. EQ2 has whittled it down to 24 hours offline and a week of instability. WoW had queues that far eclipse STO's after an expansion up until its post-Cataclysm decline (and even then, combined across servers it was still hundreds of thousands), and major queues plus a day of emergency patches after every major patch, and Valve is mysteriously blindsided by every major release overwhelming their file cloud.

Because that rush accounts for 1% of your uptime, but servers need to be paid for 100% of the time.
  • Options
    samnun77samnun77 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys,

This happens everytime there is a new version and now an expansion...This would have been version number 8 and ALWAYS is the same unless you havent been long enough to taste the frustrations....it wil go away eventually...my best advice to avoid the frustration is just to log off for a week or so till all the bugs have been worked out. Give it some time but this weekend will be crazy...seen this so many times before. Enjoy the real world for a week then come back when all is settled :)
  • Options
    jst455jst455 Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone

working fine here. whats the issue?
    Actual Join Date: Feb 2009
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everyone

By other companies, you don't mean Maxis and EA, do you?
  • Options
    john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok been playing STO from first launch to now with a few vacations here and there. I came back to a game that is constantly knocking me offline every 5 minutes. Now i know a new expansion came out and from "what I can play of it" i love the Romulans, but I hate that i spend more time logging back in than playing.

Now most of us are veterans of STO and though the game to me has really never played right from the beginning after Perfect world took over seems there are more problems like before. I mean how hard is it to make a shard where everyone can play without being knocked off? Now i am sure i will get bashed for saying all this but I do like STO i miss the old days sure and the new stuff is a bit too cartoonish for me but as a Lifetimer I am still here and I do buy things from the Store now and then.
    I just want to be able to play and enjoy it..........................
    "
  • Options
    john53ajohn53a Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    By other companies, you don't mean Maxis and EA, do you?

Probably them and Blizzard LOL.....most games have issue and are fixed somewhat quickly just not sure whats taken perfectworld so long in getting this one fixed....
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Three Words: Memorial. Day. Weekend.

Cryptic is probably off until next Tuesday.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'know it's funny.

I've been around here for just over a year now.

And i remember seeing similar threads about season 5.

And 6.

And 7.

The game isn't "broken4eva" although it is beond me how the random PvE booting thing seems to crop up every single season patch O.o
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams