test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic NERFed NWS?

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Just tried NWS and discovered that Cryptic has increased No Win Scenario's difficulty.

And for the Record, we were not full of novices, a couple of us have previously won NWS (some multiple times) and have gotten to Wave 10 on many occasion.

The Bio Neural Warheads are far deadlier and faster than they were before. And some of the NPCs that use Emergency Engines, are faster as well. Which makes it an impossible task in defending the Transport.

I wish to express my vast disappointment Cryptic would stealth BUFF NWS, when a good majority of the server have yet to even get past Wave 8, now they will never. :(

My personal guess is that Cryptic nerfed it because certain individuals were farming Wave 10 for Fleet Marks, ruining it for everyone. So I for one like to say "thank you" (sarcasm). And to the STO Team "for shame".
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was nothing wrong with this. Was already difficult enough to win. Now this will just make it harder to get the accolade.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EPtE change was documented, so not really a stealth nerf. Not sure on biowarhead though.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shouldn't the title be "Cryptic BUFFed NWS?" When I think of Nerf to an event, I think of this not making it more difficult.

Warning: link has foul language
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Shouldn't the title be "Cryptic BUFFed NWS?"

My thoughts also.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Shouldn't the title be "Cryptic BUFFed NWS?" When I think of Nerf to an event, I think of this not making it more difficult.

Warning: link has foul language

Meh, Technicalities. Either way the changes are worse than they were before.

Things should've been left alone.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, Technicalities. Either way the changes are worse than they were before.

Things should've been left alone.

It's called No Win Scenario for a reason. Really, you're complaining that something named that is too hard? Really?

Lets be honest, like you said many people had gotten to level 10, and it shouldn't have been that easy to do so. Now they made it harder.

Overcome, adapt... or go do Fleet Alerts. They may be more your speed.
  • stevefin1stevefin1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Win Scenario should be a tall feat to win, as, well your not meant to win, so it is a buff, it would be a nerf to those who farm it cause of the amount of stuff thrown at you
    edited May 2013
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    It's called No Win Scenario for a reason. Really, you're complaining that something named that is too hard? Really?

Lets be honest, like you said many people had gotten to level 10, and it shouldn't have been that easy to do so. Now they made it harder.

Overcome, adapt... or go do Fleet Alerts. They may be more your speed.
    stevefin1 wrote: »
    No Win Scenario should be a tall feat to win, as, well your not meant to win, so it is a buff, it would be a nerf to those who farm it cause of the amount of stuff thrown at you

Easy talk from people that don't play it.

You didn't spend months working your keesters off playing NWS, developing strategies (yes, I was among the team that first legitimately won the NWS). And when we finally beat it, Cryptic decides to pull the rug from underneath everyone who was about to win it.

Which bluntly means Cryptic just gave everyone in STO a middle finger, saying this is NWS, and you can't win it, na-na. (Especially those who had to go out of their way to buy certain ships in order to increase their odds of winning).

So don't go making like people are weak because they complain. Sometimes their complaints are legitimate.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2013
    its not just NWS, its all missions..
    they tweaked the turn rate and impulse modifiers..

i kinda like it.. the ships have speed now.. even large ones like the voquv..
    on the other hand so do enemy ships.. they might need to go back into those and dial them back a tad manually.

or accept the fact that everything now is faster and turns better then before..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited May 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    its not just NWS, its all missions..
    they tweaked the turn rate and impulse modifiers..

i kinda like it.. the ships have speed now.. even large ones like the voquv..
    on the other hand so do enemy ships.. they might need to go back into those and dial them back a tad manually.

or accept the fact that everything now is faster and turns better then before..

This very much might be the case.