test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail is going to get Fixed? ***FIXED WITH TODAY'S PATCH***

mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Not sure how far the Dev's have got in tracing this down, but just come across a some info they will hopefully find useful in hunting down the bug.

Got a couple of Exchange returned e-mails which seem to have generated 2 copies of each (one with the returned item, one without). Anyhow when I hold the cursor over the "From" box, one of them states "Sent from Exchange from the Holodeck Server" this one will not delete. The second one states "Sent from Exchange from the Server" and will delete. Noting the difference here being the reference to Holodeck.

Also just self mailed a couple of test e-mails to my character which come as "Sent from Character@Handle from the Server" and will also delete.

So hope this helps in tracking down the bug.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug Ticket #1690603 - Submitted Wed 5/22/2013 at around 8:40 PM (PST) on Holodeck via /Bug

Title: In Game Mail System Still Messed Up

Full Description:
    There are some e-mails I still cannot delete; and further, some e-mails that I know for a fact that have items attached, but DO NOT show those items when I actually go to an in game mailbox; select "Access Mail" then "Send Receive Mail" and click on/highlight the in game mail item that should have an item attached. Earlier tonight, I got some items returned from the Exchange due to sale expiration; and some of those e-mail had items attached, and others did not. I was able to delete those e-mails though.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • surek2surek2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the mail be fixed? my box is full of mail I cant delete , plus I had several very rare mark XII items on exchange for sale. When the sale ended the items were lost and not returned to me due the the mail service not working. I do not like loosing valuable and useful very rare expensive equipment due the mail service not working correctly:mad:
  • celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can take off the item before it expire and put it on again.
    But the mail system must be fixed; i got a lot of mails i want delete.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have the same mail problem. I'm not in the same situation as the gentleman above, but yes, its annoying and i have also lost a lock box transferring between characters.. Doubt it was worthwhile, but could have had a ship in it.. will never know now.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • montrosiummontrosium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A work around, That I have found, is to swap over to CO, which I also play, and delete mail from there. Might be helpful till Cryptic gets the STO mail fixed. Just need to make sure you are deleting mail you have already taken items off in STO ;)
  • cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the Workaround.

...and thanks to the Mods & Devs for Zero Informations about Bugfixing Progress today.
    Space-Skills broken.
    Consoles broken.
    Mails broken.
    Lootsystem broken (at 20% reduced)
    Red Altert broken

and no posts related for this mess yet.

Endgame hum?
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The mail system may very well be crippled by the stealth nerf Cryptic did to the number of allowed attachments in players mailbox. According to the information available players are now allowed ONLY 100 attachments per character and tho old attachments wont be deleted and new mail received with attachments will be withheld from delivery until room is made to accommodate them.

let cryptic hear you dissatisfaction with this stealth nerf.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • korollynkorollyn Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky for me I noticed the issue before mailing stuff back and forth between chars, but I have the same issue. I like having an empty mailbox and I dread the day that the spammers fill up my mailbox and I can't delete them. Hope they get it fixed soon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I've stopped posting things on the exchange, temporarily. The backlog of messages when you sell things is getting a little long.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing to do with mail but since LOR I seam to be losing hull a lot easier, playing the same STF's as I usually play. Probable due to various things being broken like you guys have been saying.

But yeah the mail NEEDS fixing ASAP! I think I've lost a few items that have come off the exchange :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cdpbs wrote: »
    ...and thanks to the Mods & Devs for Zero Informations about Bugfixing Progress today.
    Space-Skills broken.
    Consoles broken.
    Mails broken.
    Lootsystem broken (at 20% reduced)
    Red Altert broken

and no posts related for this mess yet.

Endgame hum?

Don't forget the game clearing most (or all) of your department heads repeatedly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shoddyavengershoddyavenger Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Myself and several friends online have noticed that expired exchange items 'sometimes' contain items to retrieve in the mail, a lot of times there is no item picture, and no "Take items". Furthermore, We are completely unable to delete ANY mail messages. Obviously we are not attempting to delete messages which *hopefully* contain items from an expired exchange sale. I know This is happening to more than myself, but I haven't seen anyone post about this yet.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't notice any mention of deleting email in the new patch notes.

Please fix this highly annoying email I am going to be spending an hour deleting exchange emails when you fix this one.

Once you fix that... also please for f sakes send a request to systems to add a Multi select to the email code so we can delete multiple exchange emails at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't notice any mention of deleting email in the new patch notes.

Please fix this highly annoying email I am going to be spending an hour deleting exchange emails when you fix this one.

Once you fix that... also please for f sakes send a request to systems to add a Multi select to the email code so we can delete multiple exchange emails at once.

I agree, I can't delete any mail either!!! Agreed totally with this post.
  • cptkiucptkiu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

It's getting really confusing with all the mails. ec selling spam and lots of exchange mails, not easy to see mails from your friends.
  • orbdamorbdam Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Handling mail is frustrating because you have to do it one by one. After the deleting issue is fixed it'll take some time to delete those unwanted mails.. that uses big portion of the limited time I have to play STO.

I wish I could handle mail via Gateway when I'm away.
  • rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited May 2013
    Same here.
    Extremely annoying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
  • gertjan020gertjan020 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, also make those expired exchange items automaticly return to your inventory, this costed me quite some items that i accidently deleted a while back
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WAD. PtE just got its own rep grind in form of the mail system.
  • darkoveroddarkoverod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah good! Not just me then. I can't delete or send mail. Nothing, nada.

Well that was a partial lie. I came back to STO after about 6 months or so and had two expired auctions sitting in my mail, took the items off and I could delete those two messages. The rest? Not a bit.

I'm not even too fussed at not being able to delete my mail! I'd just like to be able to send them!
  • eksell1eksell1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my games crashes, everytime i drag an item into one of the slots in "compose"!
  • deezy611deezy611 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is happening to me as well, and I posted an in-game bug report about it. I hope it gets fixed soon, all those "Your item sold on the exchange" messages are piling up!

EDIT: Just saw the following follow-up post to the LoR Release Notes thread:

The following has been added to the 'Known Issues' section:

Players will temporarily be unable to delete their mail.

Sorry. I'll wait patiently for a fix!
  • keyboalpha2keyboalpha2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is overdue!
    Umbra Venator
    (www.umbravenator.webs.com
    )
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, this one needs to be fixed - it seems to be just the "Item sold in the Exchange" emails; I can delete messages from friends and fleetmates all right... you know, messages I might actually be interested in...

In the longer term, might it be worth thinking about some kind of opt-in/opt-out setting for these Exchange mails? I can see how some people might consider them useful; personally, I find them completely redundant (I see ECs arrive, and when I check items for sale, I see some of them gone; I don't give the proverbial monkey's where they've gone, which is the only other information the email gives.) Just a thought.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the Update that changed this game into LOR i am unable to deleate any of my messages in my inbox, was wondering if anyone has the same problem

[5/24 2:11] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,700,061.
    ogew7.jpg
  • ediazskyfireediazskyfire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I have the same problem. The official message has been changed, but this problem still exists.
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have the same problem with mail...you cant even get items back when they come back from exchange
    4058756.jpg
  • jurrethjurreth Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I am having the same problem. For me sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    Rear Admiral Jureth
    Senior Retention and Recruitment Officer
    Command Division, Lotus Fleet
  • llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jurreth wrote: »
    For me sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems like I can delete most new mail, but nothing from before Tuesday, and nothing from the exchange.
  • hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, can't delete emails for exchange sales
This discussion has been closed.