test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it time to Reboot Predator vs Aliens?

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
I figured why not try it again, but this time get better writers, and maybe mixup a few of the stories that did work. Maybe it would work better if they did this.

1. Sign everyone to a 3 movie deal.
2. Title the movie as Colonial Marines: (*******)
3. The Marine group will be a cross between the Special forces group from the 1st movie, and the group we seen in Aliens. Mainly an elite group of fighters.
4. 1st movie will have to going after these rebel fighters, enter the Predator like the 1st time.
5. The Rock MUST play the Arnold role, but he will be in all 3 movies not just the one.
6. Move 2 will enter the Aliens, and it will play out as a rescue of a colony with a few twists. One being the Predators come there too.
7. The final movie will show the Predators are the ones behind the Aliens being made, and the final battle takes place on the Predator home world.

The two AvP movies that were made mabe me ill, but if they stick with a story line, and follow it out as a 3 part telling of that story, it should be a win win on all sides. Have tons of guns, lots of explodtions and a touch of gore. This would be a killer movie if they will do it right, and not rush the movie like last time. What do you guys think?
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• scruffyvulcanscruffyvulcan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'll never understand why the previous AVP movies chose settings that excluded colonial marines. Horrible marketing decision, IMO.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rebooting AvP would be cool, as long as they don't overwrite the events of the individual Predator and Alien movies.

Sigourney Weaver and Arnold Shwarzenegger in the same movie would be epic.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rebooting AvP would be cool, as long as they don't overwrite the events of the individual Predator and Alien movies.

So I take it that you wouldn't want JJ involved? :D
    Are we there yet?
    edited May 2013
    So I take it that you wouldn't want JJ involved? :D

According to the writers of the 2009 movie, the new timeline somehow coexists with the old one rather than overwriting it as is usually the case. I'm not really sure how that works, but there is in-universe evidence that the original timeline continued past 2387.

Now, back on topic. Possible plot idea: a Predator ship is detected in the outskirts of the solar system, heading for Earth. A ship carrying scientists and some soldiers is sent to make contact with the first confirmed extraterrestrial life. Upon boarding the Predator ship, they find Xenomorphs loose and the Predators fighting for control of their ship against both the Xenomorphs and the humans. Over the course of the story, we learn that the Predators were shipping Xenomorph eggs to a planet to be hunted, but something went wrong and the Xenomorphs escaped. The crew have lost control of their ship and it will crash into Earth, possibly releasing Xenomorphs into Earth's biosphere. Our intrepid heroes must make peace with the Predators and stop that from happening.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ugh, no thank you. You realize they're both in their mid-60s right? Remember how Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull turned out? Hollywood needs to stop dusting off these old actors for this kind of thing.
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Ugh, no thank you. You realize they're both in their mid-60s right? Remember how Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull turned out? Hollywood needs to stop dusting off these old actors for this kind of thing.

I actually liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, though I'll grant that Harrison Ford in an action role like Indy didn't really work.

That said, I think it could work if Weaver was portrayed as an older and more seasoned Ripley (brains) and Shwarzenegger as a combat-hardened veteran (brawn). I think they'd make a good team.

Naturally they'd bring plenty of redshirts with them.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    I figured why not try it again, but this time get better writers, and maybe mixup a few of the stories that did work. Maybe it would work better if they did this.

1. Sign everyone to a 3 movie deal.
    2. Title the movie as Colonial Marines: (*******)
    3. The Marine group will be a cross between the Special forces group from the 1st movie, and the group we seen in Aliens. Mainly an elite group of fighters.
    4. 1st movie will have to going after these rebel fighters, enter the Predator like the 1st time.
    5. The Rock MUST play the Arnold role, but he will be in all 3 movies not just the one.
    6. Move 2 will enter the Aliens, and it will play out as a rescue of a colony with a few twists. One being the Predators come there too.
    7. The final movie will show the Predators are the ones behind the Aliens being made, and the final battle takes place on the Predator home world.

The two AvP movies that were made mabe me ill, but if they stick with a story line, and follow it out as a 3 part telling of that story, it should be a win win on all sides. Have tons of guns, lots of explodtions and a touch of gore. This would be a killer movie if they will do it right, and not rush the movie like last time. What do you guys think?

cool and ambitious and please reboot but wait a minute....

The predators didn't create the xenomorphs, the engineers did, the big bad humanoids from prometheus. There is a story to tell though and why not do this...

Reboot with part one starring Dwayne Johnson. He's the F'ing man aint he? I have no problem with this movie basically recasting the original cast, but change the story a bit. Have the group going in to investigate a base gone silent for some reason. The predators have attacked from some reason. Obviously its because we have a facegrabber and they want it. Humans die, except for Dwayne and in the end he is stowed away on the predator ship all by himself. But he is a evil genious like Arnold and rigs explosions to cause the ship to crash. He is so F'd up that weyland/yutani steps in to save him and recover everything. Including the facegrabber which sets up part 2.
  • felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I have the perfect recast if she can act....

Rhonda Rousey from the UFC
  • darklordderpydarklordderpy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually think that alien and predator should be kept secret, I dont accept predator as canon with alien, predator is too silly.

I also personally did not like the engineers, im not a fan of humanoid aliens, but thats just me.
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know i understand people want to tie any reboot to what is going on now. But why bring the engineers into an AvP movie? I figured if it's rebooted, just start with a whole new story and angle. Keep everyone guessing, and take your time with what you got. That junk in the 1st AvP was just sick. Even the alien growth period was within 10 minutes, talk about a rush job. lol

I figure if we do get a new one it MUST have the Colonial Marines in it, and make them an elite group like the ones Arold had in the 1st picture. Then give the lead role to the Rock. But I understand with Arold back in hollywood, he would want to be on this project if it did happen. I am cool with it, but I would still want the Rock in the film, and not just as a Red Shirt type in the film. He should last until the 3rd film at least.

If people want engineers in an AvP remake ok then make them a slave race to the Predators. maybe they don't use weapons, so they Predators use them to make new game for them to hunt. And of course one of the prized game is the Alien with acid blood.

It could work right? 3 movie deal, bring in top level actors and writers, then get a good director to pull it all together.

Man I wish I had the money, i would produce this baby in a heartbeat. lol
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why Reboot? The movies are only loosely connected. They can just make a new one that may or may not reference events in the others. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why reboot?

Well then you can tie story ideas from older films that worked. Like take parts on Alien, Aliens, Predator and Predators. Those are 4 different movies, then work it so you make 1 new reboot movie, the 1st of 3 or more in a series. IMO if they work a reboot and play off the idea of the Colonial Marines from the 2nd Alien movie, and made this group like the Elite force from the 1st Predator movie, then make it hard to kill them off. You will have a winner of a reboot. Sure have a few Red shirt types in each film, but don't make it easy to kill the main guys off.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They already did with Prometheus. The timeline split with that film- have the AvP timeline follow the human who left in pursuit of the aliens, and leave the original timeline to continue on as if the entire expedition was lost.

Let JJ Abrams direct and write it too, for the win/win.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • vermiskyvermisky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they should have stopped at the first two Predators and never made the AVP movies.

Predators(film) wasn't that bad, but it still felt like the movie was "out of place" for this generation.
    Silest :: Sage Venomancer :: retired
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired