test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Talk Scimitar...

daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
What kind of time period would I be expecting to get it in the C-Store?

any Dev Takers on this?
Post edited by daedalus304 on

Comments

• ifandbutifandbut Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would hope it is the 1000 day vet reward.

It makes sense.
    Able to transform: Check
    Very powerful weapon: Check
    Very rare ship: Check
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ifandbut wrote: »
    I would hope it is the 1000 day vet reward.

It makes sense.
    Able to transform: Check
    Very powerful weapon: Check
    Very rare ship: Check

With all the Hype building for a Scimitar (myself included) I doubt very much that we'd see it has a 1000 day vet reward.

I think the 2 most likely scenarios that we would get that would deliver unto us Scimitars would be:

1st A Z-Store 3 pack Bundle costing $50.00 (Only for Romulan Republic Characters)

2nd A Lock Box Assimilated Scimitar (Open to all Factions that will knock the Bug ship out of the top Lock Box ship Spot)

I think that both of the above will happen because it would be the only way that I see that Cryptic would be able to get guarantied revenue from the RR player base and still have unlimited earning potential from a lock box ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd bet your life that it's going to be the next 5000 Zen 3-pack.
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sure hope it is built correctly.

6 tactical Consoles, 4 Engineering Consoles, ZERO Sci.

It wasnt a science ship by far.

Tactical leaning Boff assignments.

42k Hull, 15+ to Weapons and Aux.

6 Fore Weapons, 3 Rear.

4.5 Turn Rate

1 hanger bay.

3500 Zen Each, 10000 Zen three pack. Eng and Sci versions Console and Boff layout to suit.

Make that joker powerful but a flying brick!
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • admiralgillisadmiralgillis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just so you realize that if they bring it out for players, the thalaron weapon will be nerfed into oblivion.
  • rayduhzrayduhz Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dude, 10000 Zen really.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vamank wrote: »
    I sure hope it is built correctly.

6 tactical Consoles, 4 Engineering Consoles, ZERO Sci.

It wasnt a science ship by far.

Tactical leaning Boff assignments.

42k Hull, 15+ to Weapons and Aux.

6 Fore Weapons, 3 Rear.

4.5 Turn Rate

1 hanger bay.

3500 Zen Each, 10000 Zen three pack. Eng and Sci versions Console and Boff layout to suit.

Make that joker powerful but a flying brick!

It would be a brick yes. It would flop quicker than the Bortas ever did and guaranteed would make almost zilch in sales.

No Sci means that the shields will be extremely bad and without shields the Torps will decimate any hull its got regardless of armour.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rayduhz wrote: »
    dude, 10000 Zen really.

Powerful ships should cost serious cash. It seems like almost everything out there is nearly the same with just different skins. I want a kick butt, overpowered monster that will be very rare. You can balance it out with a slow turn rate.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3-Pack, Ody/Bortas equivalent.

2500 Zen each, 5000 Zen for all three.

Mark my words.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    With all the Hype building for a Scimitar (myself included) I doubt very much that we'd see it has a 1000 day vet reward.

I think the 2 most likely scenarios that we would get that would deliver unto us Scimitars would be:

1st A Z-Store 3 pack Bundle costing $50.00 (Only for Romulan Republic Characters)

2nd A Lock Box Assimilated Scimitar (Open to all Factions that will knock the Bug ship out of the top Lock Box ship Spot)

I think that both of the above will happen because it would be the only way that I see that Cryptic would be able to get guarantied revenue from the RR player base and still have unlimited earning potential from a lock box ship.

I agree with your analysis.
  • vermiskyvermisky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take out the Thalaron weapon and you have yourself a scaled up more powerful version of a Bird of Prey(aka, its nothing without the weapon).
    Silest :: Sage Venomancer :: retired
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
  • rayduhzrayduhz Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    3-Pack, Ody/Bortas equivalent.

2500 Zen each, 5000 Zen for all three.

Mark my words.

ya agree 110%
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »

I don't want to die :(
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All adding the Scimitar is going to do is cause a lot of crying when it doesn't have 200 phaser banks and 27 torpedo tubes, or whatever stupid numbers were plunked down in the movie. Nor is it going to have the Death Star laser it had in the movie.
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure having 52 disruptor banks, primary and secondary shields would be OP lol.
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    I don't want to die :(

No need to worry, you're going to live. I used my Mobius to travel into the future and see what will happen. I am 100% certain that the Scimitar will be the next C-store 3-pack. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. That's the reason Cryptic didn't include it in the LoR release. The Romulans need a carrier, the Scorpion is already in the game, it will be easy to sell this ship to people. The Thalaron weapon will be included as a console on one of the three Scimitar versions, like the disruptor autocannon on the Bortasqu.
  • krovankrovan Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need to worry, you're going to live. I am 100% certain that the Scimitar will be the next C-store 3-pack. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. That's the reason Cryptic didn't include it in the LoR release.

I agree with this, they know it's probably the most wanted ship for romulan players, and I'd be surprised if it's not already finished and just waiting to be added in. It's such an iconic ship. I doubt it will be a 1000 day reward, that would be a bad buisness move. a scimitar 3 pack will give them a nice shot of cash, and also a good metric on the amount of romulan players willing to fork over cash for a 3 pack.
    http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
    edited May 2013
    krovan wrote: »
    I doubt it will be a 1000 day reward

There's no chance of that happening, sorry to disappoint the vets. The Feds got a destroyer, the KDF got a destroyer, why would the Romulans get a carrier, and a canon ship at that? The Scimitar will be available for the sale in the c-store, and your options will be to buy 1 version for 2500 zen or all 3 for 5000.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krovan wrote: »
    I agree with this, they know it's probably the most wanted ship for romulan players, and I'd be surprised if it's not already finished and just waiting to be added in. It's such an iconic ship. I doubt it will be a 1000 day reward, that would be a bad buisness move. a scimitar 3 pack will give them a nice shot of cash, and also a good metric on the amount of romulan players willing to fork over cash for a 3 pack.

Iconic? The original Enterprise is iconic. The D'Deridex is iconic. The klingon bird-of-prey is iconic. The Scimitar is a generic bad-guy super-weapon that is in one terrible movie and gets blown up. It doesn't even have a compelling visual design! It's just a flattened-out, over-sized bird-of-prey. People just want it because it's described as basically a god-ship in the movie.
    edited May 2013
    It would be iconic in that its a Reman warbird.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ha ha shows your level of confidence you bet someone elses life and not your own!

But I think if it's a c-store ship it'll be a Rommie dreadnought carrier.

They may also still do it as a carrier, large hanger with scimitar fighters after all ala Picard and Data escape but in the same way as Bug Ship and previously the Tuffli being with Doff Packs.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All adding the Scimitar is going to do is cause a lot of crying when it doesn't have 200 phaser banks and 27 torpedo tubes, or whatever stupid numbers were plunked down in the movie. Nor is it going to have the Death Star laser it had in the movie.

Erm, yeah, when are we getting the Death Star?

Will that be a Tier 5 special starbase requisition unlock?