test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

annoyed with the maintence

regg05regg05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
why cant y'all just leave the server offline till yall have compltely finshed fixing it im geting a lil agitated with one hour its working then next hour its not is any one else getting a annoyed with that or is it just ne
Post edited by regg05 on

Comments

• m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regg05 wrote: »
    why cant y'all just leave the server offline till yall have compltely finshed fixing it im geting a lil agitated with one hour its working then next hour its not is any one else getting a annoyed with that or is it just ne

Because they can't.

First of all, there was NO problems with stability until around 5:30-6:00 eastern time. My guess is it's all the 9-5ers coming home and checking out the expansion.

Second of all, if you expect them to correct this magically without the benefit of testing under real conditions and real server load, then you know absolutely nothing about software testing. I've QA'd quite a few apps and until you put it into production, you don't really know how the server is going to react.
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited 3+ hrs in line then get to play less than 20 minutes before the "maintenance"

I'm done with this game.

Sorry Cryptic, but you are sorry Cryptic.
  • lordgeneral164lordgeneral164 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m0peygoff wrote: »
    Because they can't.

First of all, there was NO problems with stability until around 5:30-6:00 eastern time. My guess is it's all the 9-5ers coming home and checking out the expansion.

Second of all, if you expect them to correct this magically without the benefit of testing under real conditions and real server load, then you know absolutely nothing about software testing. I've QA'd quite a few apps and until you put it into production, you don't really know how the server is going to react.

He is correct, they cannot find bugs if the servers are down, and plus all of us would get upset since we cant get on. At least they are trying to fix the bugs in a timely manner
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree. just as we get in we get told we we be kicked out. i was 20,000 out of 25,000 in the queue for many hours today just to be able to play for not even 2 hours
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's the maintenance techs. they break it at 5 for the overtime ;)
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    better then trying to level with out being able to spend skill points or train boffs
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited 3+ hrs in line then get to play less than 20 minutes before the "maintenance"

I'm done with this game.

Sorry Cryptic, but you are sorry Cryptic.

Bye.

Seriously, how many STO players physically do not have anything else to do?
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STAR TREK OFFLINE
    -=Legacy Of Romulus=-
    Special server down for maintenance edition
  • alsomeiguessalsomeiguess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    regg05 wrote: »

meh, gives me a chance to catch up on other stuff.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those of you that are annoyed by the downtime- this is the biggest expansion since launch. If you're mad it's down, well then go do something else for a few days and come back when it's better.

To those who are leaving because of expected instability...
    Seeya.

You won't be missed.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patches and maintenance are not unexpected

this was a large release, like previous posts have said, you don't really find all of the bugs and issues until its put under a real life load
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geez just ask any swg launch vet, how bad that was. we didnt have login quene that much. but we server crashes on a regular basics for the first or so. and if you were in combat, you were dead when login the next time. im talking bou 3 to 5 times a day. so i learnerd patiance.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played a full game of Civ IV on marathon during downtime. Conquest victory in 1685 yo.

Low sea level, continents map, Chieftan difficulty, no mods if anyone cares.

True story y'all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • okawaho1okawaho1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here i thought that getting the bugs out was something that is for beta, there was more then enough time to work out the bugs if they read them. i have seen the same bugs that where in beta test as in the release,it seem all they did was take the game file from beta and just re released it, bugs and all , in all of the time that i have played online games and that in many years now this i the only game company that has this much down time after a release and that is the why with all of there games. now dont get me wrong i like the game, but if a game has as many bug in it then the company should just say so and then say sorry can you give as a few more days to get the bugs out . i think most people would say ok . but PW is not like that if a game says that it is coming out on this day then that what happens bugs and all.then they go opps we have to bring the the down for hour on end because the game is buged.
  • apostolos82apostolos82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im not trying to be a whiner, but when are they going to get the server not responding endlessly problem fixed?