test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are They Joking

kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just got in after over an hour of ****ing Queueing and I am greeted with a message "The shard will be coming down in 10 mins" they are seriously taking the ****ing TRIBBLE!
Post edited by kaaahhhhhnnnnn on

Comments

• ceanlron1ceanlron1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hell i have been trying to log in for almost 14hrs now...unless you line PWEs pockets you are very unimportant to them
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, I'm sorry that is bad. This morning I was trying to finish up rep stuff before I had to go to work and I was constantly DCed and then when I logged back in I was dumped into the queue. I feel your pain, I was about to log on to do some rep grinding and I'm greeted by a tweet that the servers are going down.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happened to me too last night after 6 hours of patching and repatching. 10 minutes in game then down for maintenance. So yeah I know how you feel. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Log in Que?

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • epicmaster200epicmaster200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, at least they might fix the problem
    ***Warning***
    This Post May Cause damage to unEPIC people...
    If you have trouble while reading this post. You are not EPIC enough to read it.

• erikthered907erikthered907 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah... all that time waiting and waiting then can't even get through one mission before the shard breaks down
    Dammit J'mpok! I'm a warrior... not a PETA tagger!
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey i walked through the door, kissed my honey and realized he wasn't playing. I looked at the computer and saw the red underneath the login and now I'm just shaking my head
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    Just got in after over an hour of ****ing Queueing and I am greeted with a message "The shard will be coming down in 10 mins" they are seriously taking the ****ing TRIBBLE!

I got in just before the 10 minute alert too. was almost funny in a sad pathetic way. But managed to get my new ship rigged and ready to fly and that makes it worse because i enjoy testing a new build out.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • atticusmasatticusmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining.

They are doing a LOT to mitigate these problems. Would you rather sit through those queues and get kicked from overload, or sit through the queues to ket kicked with a message saying they will fix all your worries?

Seriously, they have a lot of **** to deal with. Having like 30-40k people eagerly wanting to try out LOR is REALLY a big crapstorm, for everyone. It's really hard to deal with this many people...So...i'll say again,

Stop complaining.
  • johocroljohocrol Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atticusmas wrote: »
    Stop complaining.

They are doing a LOT to mitigate these problems. Would you rather sit through those queues and get kicked from overload, or sit through the queues to ket kicked with a message saying they will fix all your worries?

Seriously, they have a lot of **** to deal with. Having like 30-40k people eagerly wanting to try out LOR is REALLY a big crapstorm, for everyone. It's really hard to deal with this many people...So...i'll say again,

Stop complaining.

Bloody hell, someone needs radical surgery to remove their nose from Cryptic's bumhole!
    edited May 2013
    johocrol wrote: »
    Bloody hell, someone needs radical surgery to remove their nose from Cryptic's bumhole!

Or! Maybe you're just SUPER entitled. You COULD have admins that don't do ANYTHING, would you like that? You seem to be complaining about them actually DOING SOMETHING, so I think that's exactly what you want - for them to stop developing for the game at all.
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining.

They are doing a LOT to mitigate these problems.

Conjecture or do you have facts to back up that statement?
    Would you rather sit through those queues and get kicked from overload, or sit through the queues to ket kicked with a message saying they will fix all your worries?

Irelevant.
    Seriously, they have a lot of **** to deal with. Having like 30-40k people eagerly wanting to try out LOR is REALLY a big crapstorm, for everyone. It's really hard to deal with this many people..

You will be presenting evidence to back up your claims soon?
    .So...i'll say again,

Stop complaining.

Stop being a lame muppet and wipe your nose.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining. Stop complaining.

Isn't that what the forums are for? Isn't it a medium to vent ones frustrations? Sorry, I just noticed you engaging in the very thing you do not want others to do.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    If nobody complains then nothing gets fixed. Nothing gets fixed then yes they stopped developing except to create more expansions. But those expansions wont sell and pay the bills because of the bad reputation gained for being terrible.

Best thing customers can do is make a complaint when something is broken. STO is broken! telling them to stop complaining is counterproductive when servers are up and down like a yo-yo and qeue's from hell complaints are needed to get them motivated to get the servers fixed.

I am glad they are doing maintanence but again I think it is crappy timing as it is the fourth one I have seen during peak hours. Really bad practice there since it shuts off the majority of the fanbase. But hey whoever is in charge making those choices could just get replaced if they keep it up and kill the bottom line even further.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining.

They are doing a LOT to mitigate these problems.

If they truly were doing a LOT, they would have found these things via the thorough play testing they never do.
  • anneonomousanneonomous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to join the complaining about the complaining! Unless I should start the complaining about the complaining about the complaining?
    edited May 2013
    Or! Maybe you're just SUPER entitled. You COULD have admins that don't do ANYTHING, would you like that? You seem to be complaining about them actually DOING SOMETHING, so I think that's exactly what you want - for them to stop developing for the game at all.

I think you missed the memo. This is a game. Nothing more.
    Your TRIBBLE-licking love for people who couldn't give a flying toaster about you is nice, in a 7 year old kind of way. Give us a call when you enter RealLife at level 1.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to join the complaining about the complaining! Unless I should start the complaining about the complaining about the complaining?

To that, all I have to say is...Touche...
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rachel1018 wrote: »
    If they truly were doing a LOT, they would have found these things via the thorough play testing they never do.

LOL this right here i have to laugh i'm sorry but u must be playing my little pony right? cause even with "thorough" play testing bugs/glitches/and other odd problems can and well still get through it happens all the time.

• gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't realize there were people who would rather have an unstable game just so they could pretend they're not being disconnected every 20 minutes.
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be an LTS!
    edited May 2013
    rachel1018 wrote: »

I'm sorry, I didn't know they had 40,000 people to test stress on servers. i

My bad.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am sorry and I understand your frustration but that is freaking hilarious! Again sorry, but I just laughed when I read that.
    edited May 2013

Irelevant.

You say I need to present evidence that dealing with 40,000 people constantly taxing someone's servers? *facepalm*

You say that they aren't doing anything?
    ***Resolved Issues***
    "Login failed for unknown reason" error
    Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
    Slow patching in the launcher
    A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally

What, you think they are taking off the servers just to trick us into thinking they are doing something?

I refuse to continue this argument any further after this post. You seem to be very passionate about the subject.
  • fwank2k9fwank2k9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh, come back from shopping and head upstairs with my iced coffee, sit down, and they are fixing stuff. Which is good, but now when the game is up I'll have finished my coffee and the bathroom is downstairs, you see the issue... I will get stuck in the queue simply because this iced coffee is too good.

...and I hit the button and the game is up lol, that's good customer support right there.
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Irelevant.

I had a big long rant lined up for you, bud. Because I know just by reading your responses to other people that I'm smarter than you without trying.

Let me open with a question. Did you play on Tribble? If so, what did you test? Did you do the new fleet actions? New missions? Any group stuff?

If you did all this stuff, how many times did you encounter/report issues?

If you didn't do any, then why the hell are you talking?

They opened a test server for us to test the game. Not to TRY it, which is what I keep hearing from people when something hits Tribble. "Oh, I'mma go try it out." No. You don't go to the test server for spoilers. You go there to intentionally break the game.

That's what test servers are for. People pile in like psychos and look for ways to break the game. Then you report the broken thing. See, we don't seem to do that.

Instead, we go onto the test server and come back with "I don't like the colours".

Maybe next time around, players will jump on the "break the game" bandwagon so that Season Eight (or nine, depending on whether LoR counts as a season) will go smoother.

Meanwhile, enjoy your moments of self-entitled douchebaggery. It suits you.
  • sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to admit the queues don't bother me one red cent because as a lifetimer I don't have a queue.

But I do agree that 2 hour plus maintenance literally in prime time hours and all the time I have left to play tonight is a PITA. That being said if it fixes the lag, other issues and help people who think free to play means they get the same rights as paying customers then sure help em out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /facepalm to all the whiners about having to wait in a queue. Every major upgrade draws in the retired players and current players. You Silver Account gamers should have learned that by now. You don't pay a monthly subscription(or LTS), so get in line behind the players that do. Don't like the line? Buy a monthly membership. In a month, the line will be gone anyway. Me? I'd pay the $20 just to not wait in line over the next month. You people are crazy.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D