test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a new server stat

tharon3tharon3 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
I as a guest usually do not complain about and issues w/ the game but now I have one that just angers me...when the may 2013 propo or what ever showed up I...we all had eighteen days to wait. then about a month for may 21st to show up. for me after that another day to 'patch' to update the romulan faction then today at 230 when I got home from school started the game and had to wait 2 hours to actually play the game because the servers were full and 22 thousand were waiting to log on a play too. when I finally got on to play got about 15 second to the video and my pc over heated...if we had another server I and many others would be playing and enjoying the game right now. so as my 1st complaint for any game...please add another server as soon as possible so problems like mine do not happen at least as often and the currently 25 thousand people queued to log on can play and enjoy.
Post edited by tharon3 on

Comments

• Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    always good to update a product and have crappy servers. so glad i'm waiting to take advantage of the cheaper lifetime subscription until I see better results.

24930 out of 25203 i guess ill go to the gym while I wait since most people on the forum are saying its taking 2-3 hours to log on.

awesome.
  • Options
    blackrat0blackrat0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2200 GMT and I am trying to login and am 24843 out of 24847.:eek: Really, I hope Cryptic dont think I am going to spend any more money on this game.
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about adding a yellow light to the launcher:
    Red: Server down
    Yellow: Server full
    Green: Go for it
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »

best idea i heard today :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gee when you have 25k people in a queue I think its time to add another server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    defcon1776 wrote: »

Love that thought
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mysonne1 wrote: »

Only problem is this kind of rush only happens when big updates hit.

If this occurs constantly even during only the most trivial updates (Patch thursdays for example) and even on an average tuesday then yes, an additional server would be in order.

As it stands though the game is being flooded with log in requests by new and returning users. This is NOT average traffic.
  • Options
    ceanlron1ceanlron1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I have been trying to get in for around 6hrs now..I have actually been shopping...went out to eat...washed the car and did 2 loads of laundry and I am still 12000 out of 25000+
  • Options
    quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am 2033 of 24103. It has been about 2 hours. I was at 19000 something. When I get in they are never getting me out ...LOL
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    The shard ain't that easy to upgrade. There again, it's all just conjecture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    not much less of an hour for second chance and about half way through 14/25 thousand...now at 32 thousand guess some just thrown in the towel...:(
  • Options
    itstimeyoudieitstimeyoudie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Only problem is this kind of rush only happens when big updates hit.

If this occurs constantly even during only the most trivial updates (Patch thursdays for example) and even on an average tuesday then yes, an additional server would be in order.

As it stands though the game is being flooded with log in requests by new and returning users. This is NOT average traffic.

Probably the most foolish excuse i've read about this topic.

Let me explain something. How do they expect to grow the user base when you launch a game and the servers explode? If they dont grow the user base to you HONESTLY think they are going to keep adding content? If they actually end up losing user base because of this do you think they will add more content? The point is as a company you need to take a little risk. Yes renting some extra server capacity isn't exactly cheap. Its cheaper than actually purchasing it but i'd be surprised if they actually own their servers in the first place.

They screwed up. Again. Quit making excuses for these idiots and call them out on their mistakes so next time, if their is a next time, They will ensure they have more capacity than they need at launch rather than failing to hit the mark by a descent percentage.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably the most foolish excuse i've read about this topic.

Let me explain something. How do they expect to grow the user base when you launch a game and the servers explode? If they dont grow the user base to you HONESTLY think they are going to keep adding content? If they actually end up losing user base because of this do you think they will add more content? The point is as a company you need to take a little risk. Yes renting some extra server capacity isn't exactly cheap. Its cheaper than actually purchasing it but i'd be surprised if they actually own their servers in the first place.

They screwed up. Again. Quit making excuses for these idiots and call them out on their mistakes so next time, if their is a next time, They will ensure they have more capacity than they need at launch rather than failing to hit the mark by a descent percentage.

How do you expect to keep a game running when you blow your budget on servers that you won't need in three weeks?