test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question for gold members

forggy23forggy23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Anyone that can answer with accurate info also welcome to respond. :)

I was considering going gold just to get past this massive queue but from reading some of the other threads I can see that even gold members are waiting. What I'd like to know is what are your wait times for queue as gold looking like right now?

As I write this the queue for non gold is sitting around 16k.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Post edited by forggy23 on

Comments

• sto151sto151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    During the day today it was less than 10. Last night during prime time it was over 2200 for subscribers.
  • bear989usbear989us Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took me about 4 seconds from the notification til I got in......
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LTSer here: Last night - I was 1897 of 20,986, and it took maybe 5 minutes to rise to the top, got in, added new traits and did the Romulan Rep T5 workaround to unlock Remans, got disconnected - was back in a queue at 980 of 18,688, got back in after about 3 minutes - and played on that character for the next few hours (there was a fair amount of lag here and there, but didn't get disconnected again.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't tried yet today, but yesterday I spend a few seconds in the queue. At one point in primetime last night, I logged in and started 350 of 7500 (ish) and was in the line less than a minute.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • forggy23forggy23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks everyone for your quick responses. Seems that gold is the way to go, I was worried about paying and still waiting hours.
  • bear989usbear989us Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I forgot to add I was number 4 in line so it helps to be gold and get placed further up the list...
    edited May 2013
    This was Cryptics plan all along. Make long queues for the first week to drive people to sub.

Looking at the zone instances and the numbers of players in each there are not huge numbers of people online yet there are really long queues.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep in mind that how long you wait is entirely dependent upon how many people leave. You can be Gold and #4 out of 17,222, but if 4 people don't leaves for 20 minutes you still need to wait to get in. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had to wait a couple of times today, but never more than two or three minutes.
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't had to wait in a que yet - It did take a long time to download for me though, but my internet is on outdated DSL that doesn't even get over 1mb/s - I was expecting one with all the "I'm a gold member stuck in a que threads" last night - - but it shot me right in, let me play for three hours - I logged out and ran an errand about 1:30 a.m. - came back about 2, logged right back in and played till 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • shaidukshaiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was considering this myself when I read your post so decided to do it, went from number 22000 to number 1 in que, just made me take the effort to cancel my Champions subscription which I have not played in a bit anyhow. Well worth 15 bucks to avoid the aggravation and to be able to play when desired. Anyone who can afford to wait in a 20000 plus que should perhaps use that time to job hunt so they can pay, obviously Cryptic needs the money to infrastructure improvements(not likely but we can dream).
  • jasperblaster696jasperblaster696 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at 2:36pm cst i'm sitting on 21467 out of 22873, subscribed. I've been in que for 20 mins also.
    edited May 2013
    at 2:36pm cst i'm sitting on 21467 out of 22873, subscribed. I've been in que for 20 mins also.

There is no way you are a paying subscriber sitting at the that point in line.
    edited May 2013
    would you care for a screenshot?
    edited May 2013
    it says my account IS actively subscribed, but now the que is down to 18k out of 20k....so yes, i'm at this point in line. :-\
  • shaidukshaiduk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you are correct there is definitely something wrong with their system as I said above I was about 22k in line went and subscribed and shot to number 1 which was a large surprise to me.
    edited May 2013
    shaiduk wrote: »
    if you are correct there is definitely something wrong with their system as I said above I was about 22k in line went and subscribed and shot to number 1 which was a large surprise to me.
    well i tried to SS the que but photoshop wouldn't acknowledge it. But yeah i'm sure there are some issues, I was just stating that even subs (some of us) are having the problem to.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just logged in as 11 of 24680
    so yes we golds can jump queues

waited just under a minute
    Live long and Prosper
  • geometrywizard22geometrywizard22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am gold member ive been in que for ~45mins. i started at 21k and now im 15k out of 24k. fun game...
  • geometrywizard22geometrywizard22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    also my brother sitting right next to me has a new free account and had no que at all. he is currently playing.
  • hobieonehobieone Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't think anyone who is supposed to have que priority is getting it. i know a couple life time subcribers that don't seem to be getting in any quicker or any of of us that bought this game originally either. basically those that bought the game and were subcribers or those that currently subscribe and lifetime subcribers are supposed to be bumped to the front of the que are not.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited May 2013
    you guys really dont think the servers are actually full.. yesterday there was a 10k q and when i got in the zones were a ghost town. my fleet which usually has around 20 people online at all times had 2 online.

my friends list which has about 50 people on it had about 5 online..

i think the qs are the login server not keeping up with the requests.. not the game servers.

the q currently for me is over 24,000.. if that is true and 24,000 people are trying to log in all at once.. it will grind any server to a halt quickly.

they should have prepared for this and added a 2nd or 3rd server.. this could have been avoided.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been a lifer since pre-launch - had my first queue today... It made me #2 out of 16k.. took 20 seconds to get in... I'm so pi$$ed that I'm thinking of just quitting all together!!!!!:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU