test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LoR Release...queues...and such...

ninzombie12ninzombie12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Well gang, it is finally here. I must say that Cryptic has really made the startup screen with your character, ship, etc., looking really sweet and character creation is even better than before!

Having said that, I have played other MMORPG's plenty of times that issued a massive update like this one, and have never seen them force a queue on players...players just dealt with the issues until a patch was released, so this is a first, and an irritating one at that. I am sure Cryptic has their reasons, but a heads up would have been nice...

Really, STO is the only reason I am still on Windows - if it worked on Ubuntu Linux, I would gladly be dumping Windows on the curb...otherwise If I were not a patient person, I might have reacted badly to waiting 2+ hours (and still waiting to get in)...6604 out of 14297...

...ridiculous...
Post edited by ninzombie12 on

Comments

• Options
    chr22chr22 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well gang, it is finally here. I must say that Cryptic has really made the startup screen with your character, ship, etc., looking really sweet and character creation is even better than before!

Having said that, I have played other MMORPG's plenty of times that issued a massive update like this one, and have never seen them force a queue on players...players just dealt with the issues until a patch was released, so this is a first, and an irritating one at that. I am sure Cryptic has their reasons, but a heads up would have been nice...

Really, STO is the only reason I am still on Windows - if it worked on Ubuntu Linux, I would gladly be dumping Windows on the curb...otherwise If I were not a patient person, I might have reacted badly to waiting 2+ hours (and still waiting to get in)...6604 out of 14297...

...ridiculous...

we live in a generation where people think that all games should be like GW2's launch: Perfect on day one with no problems.

People forgot this is Crytpic's first expansion for this game
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chr22 wrote: »
    we live in a generation where people think that all games should be like GW2's launch: Perfect on day one with no problems.

People forgot this is Crytpic's first expansion for this game

It's *good* that people expect that. If this kind of crappy launch continues to remain acceptable, it's what we'll continue to get.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we really need dozens of topics about the same thing?

Having said that, it is a bit discouraging to be number 10000+ in a queue of 13000+
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013

...ridiculous...

I guess you never played World of War craft in its heyday then, as long login queues were a common situation whenever they launched a new expansion. (just saying)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ninzombie12ninzombie12 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see both sides of the coin, hence why I am being patient...but still...you'd think during the development process they would bug test this on a live server for, say, 1000 players? And live test it 'in the field' to see how it was going to react, then fix a majority of the bugs, THEN launch the update and deal with the minor bugs as they come along...

...testing 'in-house' and then dumping it out to the public is not good practice, hence the umpteen trillion posts of ticked off users that are being sensible/ignorant/etc...
  • Options
    gruunokgruunok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem with a queue, it happens when new content is released, it will die down, or more capacity will be added...wither way it will be solved so no biggie, But when i wait thru the queue and then it gets to what i assume is a percentage counter of 94% then get a SERVER NOT RESPONDING (TIMER) message, while it says servers are up, that kinda irks me... Still better than Simcity5 launch but worse than any WoW xpac launch, hell its as bad as a Sony launch.