test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gasko Blues - Clever!

zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
I don't know if anyone picked up on this, but the station section of "Gasko Blues" is a thinly veiled homage to Cloud City on Bespin in the Empire Strikes Back.

Take the guy who leads you around, Tobol, whose name is a reversal of "Lobot", with whom he shares some striking similarities. The people act as though they are of their own free will, whilst being watched by the Tal Shiar - instead of the Empire in the film. Equally, the part of the mission were you are taken to the station commander, and Hakeev says "Your little rebellion is coming to an end" - echoing the words of Darth Vader.

Didn't pick up on this first time round on Tribble, but it made me smile when I figured it out.
Post edited by zadama on

Comments

• avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking the same but didn't know for sure. The Tobol was definitely a dead-ringer for Lobot, and the double cross by the station commander was quite familiar as well. Nice. :D
  • thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The opening quests also bear a striking similarity to the early storyline of Mass Effect 2, several of the alien ships are similar in design to the reapers and the lobi store tal shiar ship has an ability called indoctrination which is similar to the reaper ability of the same name.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a few fun easter eggs and homages scattered around. I like how they're not all shoved in your face but are a bit subtle.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heh.. just wait until you get to the Elachi storyline.. (I won't say more at the risk of severe, awesome spoilers.)
  • zadamazadama Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Heh.. just wait until you get to the Elachi storyline.. (I won't say more at the risk of severe, awesome spoilers.)

Indeed. Would I be stretching it to say the new Nimbus adventure zone reminds me of a certain desert planet from a galaxy far, far away? Although, it really does evoke the feeling of the Tatooine zone in TOR, which isn't a bad thing.
  • twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited May 2013
    zadama wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone picked up on this, but the station section of "Gasko Blues" is a thinly veiled homage to Cloud City on Bespin in the Empire Strikes Back.

Take the guy who leads you around, Tobol, whose name is a reversal of "Lobot", with whom he shares some striking similarities. The people act as though they are of their own free will, whilst being watched by the Tal Shiar - instead of the Empire in the film. Equally, the part of the mission were you are taken to the station commander, and Hakeev says "Your little rebellion is coming to an end" - echoing the words of Darth Vader.

Didn't pick up on this first time round on Tribble, but it made me smile when I figured it out.

Yeah, I caught that. It was epic.
    zadama wrote: »
    Indeed. Would I be stretching it to say the new Nimbus adventure zone reminds me of a certain desert planet from a galaxy far, far away? Although, it really does evoke the feeling of the Tatooine zone in TOR, which isn't a bad thing.

I play TOR on weekends together with a friend and he already warned me that when we get to that certain planet and the Nimbus zone at the same time, we'd be hard pressed to remember which game we were playing ATM.:)
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even some of the music is very Star Wars, I had the volume down low and I swear I heard it playing star wars music.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel