test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox Rebox token

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
Would you pay $10 (1000 zen or 100,000 dilithium) for token that would allow you to rebox a Lockbox (to include a lobi ship box)?

The idea is for a person with a special ship lockbox to be able to rebox to the original configuration and then transfer to another character (or even be able to sale/trade to another player). Since we all get this ships and then find some other ship that is more preferable to the character, or we make a new character and wish we could use that ship on this one instead, then it would be nice to be able to move the lockbox ship. Of course, the argument is that this would prevent players from spending money on multiple lockboxes to get a chance of getting another of the same ship. I, for one, usually don't care about getting the same ship on multiple characters when it involves spending more money. At least this way Cryptic gets some money and players can move lockbox/lobi box ships around to other characters. Even if was limited to just being able move the ship to a different character, then I would probably pay $10 for the opportunity. ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fudgeoflifefudgeoflife Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah me too. Maybe a little bit more even...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the idea, allows you to switch sometimes career without buying again the ship you've already got, so makes the game more various and funny.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup.. count me in.. :) !!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the JHAS, absolutely.

For the Tuffli, maybe.

For lockbox ships, no.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Would you pay $10 (1000 zen or 100,000 dilithium) for token that would allow you to rebox a Lockbox (to include a lobi ship box)?
    Gold Farmers would rejoice if this happens...
  • shadowhearttshadowheartt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If made account bound it would work
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But.... they want you to spend more money for more ships, being able to pass your ship around to your other characters makes no sense ! Pay up ! :P
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest looking up how Swtor is handling this, they are doing it in a very very nice way.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a bad suggestion. I would restrict it to only allow transfers on the same account though as already mentioned.
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Not a bad suggestion. I would restrict it to only allow transfers on the same account though as already mentioned.

eh, make these ships account wide already; it's going to happen eventually.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eh, make these ships account wide already; it's going to happen eventually.

That would be even better if they would actually do that in the first place. I don't foresee that happening anytime soon though.