test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashes before finishing loading.

squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm crashing with a bad UIGEN.BIN error near the tail end of the loading process. The hogg-log says this:

14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/Uigen.Bin:

Verifying doesn't seem to work. I'm not inclined to download the entire game client again, have it stop at some point during the multi-gig download, and virtually guarantee another corrupt hogg file. I spent an entire weekend doing that over and over once already. Any other fixes?
Post edited by squatsauce on

Comments

• squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went ahead and deleted all the game files, re-downloaded, and repatched. Twice now.

At some point during each process, I lost my connection to the patch server. When I finished the process, I got the error from the materials.bin file instead. The Hogg-log says:

14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/Materials.Bin:

Of course, verifiying didn't work to solve this issue, much like it didn't work to solve any of the other corrupted bin files caused any time the patching process goes even slightly awry.

Of course, because I don't know which .hogg file materials.bin is located in, this necessitates downloading the entire game client AGAIN. And Again. And Again.

Seriously. What possible reason is there for me to have to download 9 gigs of data every time something in one of these enormous container files breaks? I could have just downloaded the .bin file and saved myself an additional 4 hours. This is kind of ridiculous. I know you're busy, but this is intensely problematic and I don't know how to fix it other than re-downloading the game client over and over again and hoping the patching process doesn't break the entire thing again. It's kind of infuriating.
  • framesplicerxframesplicerx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been crashing at the start of the CRYPTIC screen consistently now.
    Hit engage, CRYPTIC starts, crash.

Curiously, if I do this 4 times, on the 4th time it takes...:confused:
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okie-doke. I seem to have gotten to the point where I can log in and select a character. It crashes on the "select a server" screen at this point and it looks like it's not generating the UI correctly. Lots of odd symbols. But, at least, it's a different sort of problem now. I'll see if I can't sort it out tomorrow.
  • gonozal12gonozal12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Since midnight I have the same problem.
    Re-Installing is not an option because I use an UMTS-Stick with limited data amount.
    I contacted the support and am waiting for an answer.

Forced Verify came to this result:

130701 12:17:29 8 [1]: File failed to load from hogg: Bin/Uigen.Bin

edit: The bins.hogg seems to be corrupted. Is there a way to download it manually?
    edited July 2013
    A new message from the file hog_errors:
    "130701 14:24:12 6 [1]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: C:/Spiele/Star Trek/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Uigen.Bin:
    130701 14:24:12 7 [1]: Read wrong number of bytes: C:/Spiele/Star Trek/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Uigen.Bin: 13 "

Seems that bins.hogg is corrupted. The moderator in the german forum adviced me to delete the whole piggs-directory. Alas, it is almost 7GB big and I have only 5 GB data amount. :(
    Wouldn't it be enough to just delete bins.hogg?
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gonozal12 wrote: »
    A new message from the file hog_errors:
    "130701 14:24:12 6 [1]: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: C:/Spiele/Star Trek/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Uigen.Bin:
    130701 14:24:12 7 [1]: Read wrong number of bytes: C:/Spiele/Star Trek/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/piggs/bins.hogg: Bin/Uigen.Bin: 13 "

If this keeps reoccurring, then you need to track down and correct what is causing the file corruption issue. Possible causes include...
    • Hard Disk getting ready to die
    • Loose card or cable connections.
    • Overclocked/Overheated/Under-Volted/Failing or Bad RAM
    • Failing Computer Power Supply Unit
    • Interference from Malicious Trojan/Anti-Virus/Third Party Utility
    • Old Motherboard (Capacitors on cheap motherboards can start to go after 3 years of use)
    edited July 2013
    If this keeps reoccurring, then you need to track down and correct what is causing the file corruption issue. Possible causes include...
    • Hard Disk getting ready to die
    • Loose card or cable connections.
    • Overclocked/Overheated/Under-Volted/Failing or Bad RAM
    • Failing Computer Power Supply Unit
    • Interference from Malicious Trojan/Anti-Virus/Third Party Utility
    • Old Motherboard (Capacitors on cheap motherboards can start to go after 3 years of use)

Thanks!

I guess I found the problem, better, someone else in the german forum gave me a hint. A patch wrecked the hogg-file. So I deleted it and the launcher is just replacing the file.
    Everything went just fine, I logged out and wanted to return. BANG!
    My comp is just fine so after reading several error messages the best fitting conclusion is the corrupted file.
    I just wonder why forced verification doesn't replace the file?
    edited July 2013
    I was right!

Everything's fine now.
    So, a hint to others. If a part of the hogg-files crashes, just delete it and the launcher will replace it. :)