test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think?

solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
So far all things considered its been Good. Good launch I like the romulan story line so far. Few frustrating maintenance down time but thats understandable. Im excited.
Post edited by solcrates on

Comments

• Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good... launch... ? :confused:
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was having SWG launch day flashbacks...LOL
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think cryptic needs to really put some money on server improvements. As well hire more game testers so more bugs can be fixed... end of line
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THE GAME is good.. love the way the faces come up now. much more aesthetic. voice acting is still cheesy for A LOT of characters. but some of them get it right.

LAUNCH not so much..
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you smokin? And do you have more? :D
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solcrates wrote: »
    So far all things considered its been Good. Good launch I like the romulan story line so far. Few frustrating maintenance down time but thats understandable. Im excited.

Wait this is a good launch? It's been a normal launch, that's for sure. Certainly not a good one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ok sorry better than i thought it was goin to be and I had no problems, i have had more problem leading up to this
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will cut myself sorry
  • Options
    ysherysher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Relax, it's just load level due to US prime time. I got on fine around 3pm Eastern time and played a couple hours. I made the mistake of logging off to eat supper and haven't been able to log on again.

They'll rent more servers from their cloud provider, configure them and it will all work again.

p.s. agree with another thread, the new login screen rocks and the new UI is much nicer.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    Is the OP trolling or just high. If the latter ... Pass the joint dude. J/k
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved it! The story was fantastic, I won't spoil it for anyone but I was riveted to the screen for 5+ hours and other then a few slow loads with "server not responding" messages I thought it was absolutely fantastic!

Good Job Cryptic, smoothest roll out of an expansion I have seen in a long time and I give the whole things a huge THUMBSUP! :D
  • Options
    doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'm glad I saved my character appearance just before the server went down.

That said, I'm reconsidering changing from Romulan to Alien. Any suggestions? Pros/Cons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I loved the KDF, did not expect the movie (film) and others bit which I won't reveal! Going back to Neverwinter for awhile during this downtime.

Just managed to collect the reward as I was going to the prison planet a few minutes before the servers went down.

:D
  • Options
    dracostalondracostalon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im just got going as a Romulan player then it droped for mantance I didnt know so i tried to sign back in and >wrong sing in password WHAT! Then i noticed the mantance WOW scared me for a sec couldnt log in earlier now this :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its the same old stuff, different day. The game-play itself hasnt evolved not one damn bit.

But, the improved UI, texture enhancement...etc..etc gave the game a decent and much needed facelift. Also while the new missions is doing the same monotonous stuff we've done every day since STO was released (fly here and kill everything...beam down kill everything and tag a console or two), they were pretty well written and implemented.

All in all I give it a thumbs up for what was done and the work the Devs put into it. However I will run my new Rom char up to 50 in a couple days, spend a few weeks running its Rep to T5 and be bored as hell with STO again and play something else for a while. Such is the cycle...
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ryeknow wrote: »
    Its the same old stuff, different day. The game-play itself hasnt evolved not one damn bit.

But, the improved UI, texture enhancement...etc..etc gave the game a decent and much needed facelift. Also while the new missions is doing the same monotonous stuff we've done every day since STO was released (fly here and kill everything...beam down kill everything and tag a console or two), they were pretty well written and implemented.

All in all I give it a thumbs up for what was done and the work the Devs put into it. However I will run my new Rom char up to 50 in a couple days, spend a few weeks running its Rep to T5 and be bored as hell with STO again and play something else for a while. Such is the cycle...

Well there was the one mission where you are trying to find a place where you can tell them to put New Romulus that had no killing other then a few Tholians and who doesn't like killing them?

In fact when I shot at some wildlife in the area they did not even die, instead shooting them just scared them off so I could gather the resources I needed to determine if the planet was a suitable place for the new Romulan home world...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i liked the remodeling and the romulan story, If it was all new it would be a new game you would have to purchase