test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
The changing area screen. Stuck at "Server not responding" for more than 5 minutes.
_____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
Post edited by stormstryke on

Comments

• davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting this too. I can get into the select character screen, but when I try to log in, it just sits, then times out after about 10 minutes. I can create a new character, but the same thing happens. What is more frustrating is that when connection to the server is lost, it kicks me out of the character editor without me even attempting to log-in. The launch of "Legacy" has been a complete disaster. What the hell?!?!?
  • dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here.

Must say would be a surprise if a big patch would be without Problems
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WHY WHY NOW! :( Rommys just came out!
  • edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep too many people on, managed to create a Romulan and do some stuff. No surprises that there's a few issues though.
  • dtranquildtranquil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope 2 patches later the issues still there.

Fed engy cap stuck between spacedock and leaving system , cannot select , Klink sci officer stuck between CSE and Nukara , So yes big problem still lol
  • thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they broke something with certain characters... since I only get this one on the Romulan I want to play, and can use new characters and other previously existing ones with no issue.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't get past character creation. get CTD before slots being rendered.
    If something happen to my main FED character, the one I have spent 2770+ hours on, will get me quite upset. game or not.
    /Floozy
  • teddyhrteddyhr Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wanna play , but i can`t acces my characters just lagg on loding on 94 05 and says server not responding :confused:

would please someone do something about it :(

main toon is in orelius can` get acces to it
  • classic25classic25 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was just about to buy zen when i left earth space dock and got this server not responding thing for more than 10 minutes. I'll take it as a sign that I'm not suppose to burn money right now.
    edited May 2013
    my main character is still stuck in limbo at the loading screen. all my other characters are working fine though.
  • fernandojimenezfernandojimenez Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    classic25 wrote: »
    my main character is still stuck in limbo at the loading screen. all my other characters are working fine though.

Me too, lost in the middle of nowhere or beta ursae limbus...
  • adamlaw007adamlaw007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant even get to log in the luncher not even working been like this for hours, there saying they fixed the issues but we all still having them.
  • gibsonkhainegibsonkhaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue when I try to log into my Federation character that i beleive was dumped in Sol System in the 30 seconds I managed to get on yesterday.

Not sure if this is a cache glitch, but font even know where it is on my computer... whats the default install location or where is the cache ket so I can delete it?
  • gibsonkhainegibsonkhaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found the cache folder, deleted its contents and same thing happens.

Maybe there is an issue with characters locked out in sol system? or all instances of SOL system at capacity so cant connect? No clue.
    edited May 2013
    ive tried for hours to use my main ever since i got stuck in limbo..still the same thing. I dont think this'll get fixed tonight even after 2 patches on the same day. I think i'll just quit this game now too unreliable, too frustrating to play.
  • goddessiscariotgoddessiscariot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a 94% load then the server is forever not responding. Anyone else getting this yet ANOTHER server problem???
  • tastetesttastetest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice given that so many are having the same problem if they could let us know an ETA for getting it sorted, should people keep trying to get in or just wait for the next patch there is more to the problem than just server load if it was just numbers people such as myself would not be able to log on to other characters in the same sector without issue. I do feel sorry for the people that bought the pack for $125 was it? a lot of money to spend on something that you might not be-able to use at this point
  • caravivalcaravival Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was trying to skill my Romulan char - but "Invalid Skills" instead of "Accept"-Button, after that and trying to go to space i got disconnected. Trying to login:

I can't login with my new Romulan Char - it is loading up to 94% and bam - "Server not responding" (i ended the task after the Server Counter reached 1000 seconds).
    Tried it 11 times to login.

My other chars to login goes fine...
  • savesshsavessh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem on main character here.
  • morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After the new release one of my characters is stuck in a infinite map load after beaming up from ESD. Any ideas?
  • morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also reported this same problem during beta after transferring this character into tribble. It appears to be something with the character it self.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here stuck just under 98%
  • hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    94.07 and holding, Captain!
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Close your launcher.
    Restart your computer.
    Reopen launcher.

That should fix the problem. I just logged on and messed around for a little bit and it worked as if nothing changed.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    I've been getting than since yesterday afternoon.:mad: At least its not just me
  • xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got pasted the charcter login twice. However, both time I spent 15 minutes and counting in a "server not responding" load screen for my last character map location, and had to manually close the game to get out. Which is not a huge surprise since I have had nothing but server problems for the last 3 weeks, but hoping they had at least fixed some of it with all the patches.....lol
  • velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem on my main Fed character.

Yesterday, I successfully logged him in when the game re-opened. Git his trait respecs etc etc. Was on ESD. When I went to beam to my ship, got a serve nor responding. That went on for 20 minutes until I closed the game and tried again. Same issue.

Interestingly, my rommie seems to work ok. My other fed toons work fine. Just my main is screwed up.
    edited May 2013
    Close your launcher.
    Restart your computer.
    Reopen launcher.

That should fix the problem. I just logged on and messed around for a little bit and it worked as if nothing changed.

Thanks for tip. However, I tried it, and once past the queue I got the same "server not responding". I at least got on for about 2 minutes yesterday until I went to my first map transition...whoo hoo!
    edited May 2013
    Well, I can now get past the character screen to wait for my queue. But after that I have gotten 2 15 minute and counting "server not responding" trying to load the map for my characters last location??? I had to manually exit the game to get out. I have tried system reboot, normal login, safe login, and I don't know what else to do. I now wish I hadn't DONATED my money to Cryptic, thought I was purchasing something???? Either way, cryptic needs a serious server overhaul, or maybe add more servers? Anyway, did not intend to complain, I am just EXTREMELY ANNOYED!!!
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If have been having problems before the patch, then you may have an issue outside of Cryptic's control. Many issues are a result of non-Cryptic assets (ISPs, etc). Read this thread to diagnose the problem: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Another thing you could try is to reset EVERYTHING!
    Turn off your computer.
    Turn off your router.
    Unplug your modem.
    Reverse process.

This can sometimes fix log-in issues. I had a ping of 850ms last week and a simple reset of the modem knocked it back down to 65ms.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."