test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Launch was worse? Sim City or LoR?

Comments

• erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Why do silver players need a new server. . . Elitist rubbish again?
    I'm holier than thou ! And my farts smells like roses in the morning.

Some people are so funny, I don't know if they are trolling, or simply stupid. Knowing the humanity, I suppose there are not so many troll in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The difference between Sim City and STO, is that Sim city was indeed bad, but was not expected.

STO on the other hand, Cryptic were warned of this over the last few months, yet still did nothing to prevent it ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    you silver players are causing these issuses and secondly I am a lifetimer i should not be having log in issues i amin the top of the food chain here
    I have been playing STO since season 2
    silver needs to have to be at the bottom when launches or when server filled you get bumped not those who pay for the game thankyou

Gold and lifetime both get equal priority login over silver, but that doesn't bump silver already logged in off the server though. As a gold member I can accept that as it would TRIBBLE a lot of people off to be kicked after waiting to get in, and those people are also needed to keep the game funded and populated.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be kind of hard to be around here for a length of time and not notice that a disturbing majority of the biggest morons on this forum are lifetime subscribers.

Some of them are fine, fine people of course. But damn sure not all.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wildmousex wrote: »
    The Challenger had a better launch then SimCity.

And apparently also better than STO as well.
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be kind of hard to be around here for a length of time and not notice that a disturbing majority of the biggest morons on this forum are lifetime subscribers.

Some of them are fine, fine people of course. But damn sure not all.

Maybe because they fell for this game and paid for it... and now want a product that they paid for? While you, much wiser than them and me (since i am a lifer), has not paid for it as much and thus have less expectations than lifers?
  • lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doom-O-Meter spiking.

It's all over now. The Doom-O-Meter is off the charts. I've never seen it do that. All hands abandon ship!
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ultima Online: Age Of Shadows...
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's all over now. The Doom-O-Meter is off the charts. I've never seen it do that. All hands abandon ship!

Captain, she cannae take it!! ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    The difference between Sim City and STO, is that Sim city was indeed bad, but was not expected.

STO on the other hand, Cryptic were warned of this over the last few months, yet still did nothing to prevent it ;)

I was a long time Sim City player, I remember playing it on my Super Nintendo and my 486 PC as a kid, having so much fun building cities then destroying them with disasters lol.
    I continued playing the later PC versions, but this recent one I never even considered playing, the idea of requiring internet to play and save is just riddiculous and insulting. I don't want to get expensive mobile internet connection so I can play on my laptop when I travel.

Guess having non-mmo to play when we are away from the internet is a thing of the past unfortunatley.
  • stonermkiistonermkii Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please, people need to stop being drama queens. Seriously. Always happens, why people expect otherwise is beyond me. Unless STO has these issues for a week or longer it will be no where near as bad as Sim City. Chill the hell out and wait, they'll get the game together.
  • damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had -0- issues with logging on.
  • klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    And apparently also better than STO as well.

As Doctor McCoy once said, "I'm a doctor not a mechanic"
    edited May 2013
    stonermkii wrote: »
    Please, people need to stop being drama queens. Seriously. Always happens, why people expect otherwise is beyond me. Unless STO has these issues for a week or longer it will be no where near as bad as Sim City. Chill the hell out and wait, they'll get the game together.

They expect otherwise because Cryptic should know better. There are plenty of examples they could have learned from in MMO launch history and the player base has repeatedly said on these forums that they should fix their server issues for this release.
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    Maybe because they fell for this game and paid for it... and now want a product that they paid for? While you, much wiser than them and me (since i am a lifer), has not paid for it as much and thus have less expectations than lifers?

I am a little tired of the attitude I see from lifetimers on this forum all the time too. All you guys are paying for is a gold subscription up front instead of monthly and get a few small perks on top of that like borg and immediate vet rewards, it does not make you entiled to anything else over gold. Yet so many think I am lifetimer I should get Legacy pack free, I should get loging priority over gold, I should be able to bump people off servers. Its really getting annoying, and why I tend to target vet ships more then others when I see them.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I am a little tired of the attitude I see from lifetimers on this forum all the time too. All you guys are paying for is a gold subscription up front instead of monthly and get a few small perks on top of that like borg and immediate vet rewards, it does not make you entiled to anything else over gold. Yet so many think I am lifetimer I should get Legacy pack free, I should get loging priority over gold, I should be able to bump people off servers. Its really getting annoying, and why I tend to target vet ships more then others when I see them.

I was thinking of getting an LTS, but not if I gotta keep watching over my shoulder for you.
    <3
    edited May 2013
    stonermkii wrote: »

We're not drama queens. We're people with standards and more then two marbles rolling around in our head. And talking in the 3rd person it seems. Either way, a dog could have figured out that lots of people would be trying to patch and play today. Imagine if Crytpic actually thought of this and went and got additional servers to handle the increased load. Things would go smoothly and Crytpic would get a lot of good press for once for having a smooth launch.

Yes I know servers are expensive but once the numbers died down they could unplug the extra servers and put them in storage for the next season launch. Am I just making too much sense? Am I really expecting too much that this simple step?

As it is. This is the worst launch STO has had. Not even original launch was this bad.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    damainx wrote: »
    I've had -0- issues with logging on.

So having fun all by yourself in sector space.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're people with standards and more then two marbles rolling around in our head.

Is the third marble a swirly or a catseye?
    <3
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klaaz wrote: »
    You fail to see my meaning. My point being that, yes, you would all be logged in. Would you have your free romulan? No. Would you have a server with enough people to do PvE actions at a rapid rate? Maybe. It's not the silver players fault that you can't log in. It's really Cryptic's fault for not realizing that there was inevitably going to be an issue with the launch. There always is.

oh but it is the issue,
    as for the content I give it an outstanding A+ I give the tech team the big FAT F
    they had this same debacle when starbases launched they should have the data from then so why no response from DStahl or the CTO at this point I think we are owed an explination
    i think they should extend the key sale
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Is the third marble a swirly or a catseye?

Swirly of course. They are the best.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya, thats a lie. I finally got logged on, the lag is ridiculous, doing anything takes forever, you really have to sit there and chat.. with 1 or 2 people that are around.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    um in sim city you couldn't even play legit for 4 days straight. AT ALL

for LoR you can play just with lots of lag. takes about 50 seconds to equip anything in game. i made it to level 15 before the lag started to get the better of me and now here i am on the forums.

there was also 200+ instances going on at once in any location i was at. which is friggin insane..
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The worst launch of all time had to be Diablo III.

Waiting several years, incredible hype and pomp then the servers went down before the launch even happened.
  • inquisitorlordinquisitorlord Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honest to god I got in and played until level 9 and had no problems i left for 20 minutes and came back to this... I could not play sim city for almost a week. Not fair to compare this to that.
  • sweetblood04sweetblood04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Title says it all.

You obviously didn't play SimCity 3 at all during the first few days... I mean weeks...
    edited May 2013
    oh but it is the issue,
    as for the content I give it an outstanding A+ I give the tech team the big FAT F
    they had this same debacle when starbases launched they should have the data from then so why no response from DStahl or the CTO at this point I think we are owed an explination
    i think they should extend the key sale

Let me get this straight. You blame the silver player base because you can't log on to STO. The same STO that has had these log in issues before? The same issues that have all been, with the exception of the Tribble open beta, the servers lack of processing ability? The processing ability that spans three separate games, each with their own player base?

Did I get it all there or have I missed something?
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The worst launch of all time had to be Diablo III.

Waiting several years, incredible hype and pomp then the servers went down before the launch even happened.

While D3 was bad... the launch was as bad as SimCity. By thursday, I leveled a character to 25, and had an alt at 15. Give or take a few levels. So, it was not that that that bad.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    you silver players are causing these issuses and secondly I am a lifetimer i should not be having log in issues i amin the top of the food chain here
    I have been playing STO since season 2
    silver needs to have to be at the bottom when launches or when server filled you get bumped not those who pay for the game thankyou

Your post wreaks with elitism and self entitlement. Heaven forbid you actually have to wait to play like the rest of us. Get off your high horse.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator