test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy Of Bull

kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
All this build up, for nothing...talked about it for 3 months or more, and the farthrest I can get after 25 login attempts,(yes I counted them) I got to my character listing 4 times.. That's it!!
They should have done this in installments, oh did I mention the 1 1/2 hr download patch , and that with high speed cable internet connection.. WHAT A TOTAL LET DOWN......
Post edited by kwyjen on

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, if only Cryptic knew when the launch date was, they could have prepared...
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kwyjen wrote: »
    All this build up, for nothing...talked about it for 3 months or more, and the farthrest I can get after 25 login attempts,(yes I counted them) I got to my character listing 4 times.. That's it!!
    They should have done this in installments, oh did I mention the 1 1/2 hr download patch , and that with high speed cable internet connection.. WHAT A TOTAL LET DOWN......

You're preaching to the choir. We're all pretty much giving up on it tonight because the servers can't take much more demand. What an awful launch Cryptic.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    kemis1983kemis1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm quite sick of it myself, So far I could have bought a fully functional game for what I spent on the Starter Pack and additional Zen plus renewing my gold membership and I could have had 5 hours in another game instead of patching and watching the start up screen :/
  • Options
    itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shame that with all the money-grabbing schemes they have in this game they can't afford half-decent servers.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Expecting a perfect launch with something this huge is bad. You only set yourself up for disappointment.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, if only Cryptic knew when the launch date was, they could have prepared...

If only there was some way to anticipate these things. Cryptic should obviously begin investing in a time machine, so they can travel into the future to know what to expect, since there's clearly no other way to fathom such things.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    If only there was some way to anticipate these things. Cryptic should obviously begin investing in a time machine, so they can travel into the future to know what to expect, since there's clearly no other way to fathom such things.
    I expected bugs.. but to not even be able load a map and get the message.."Login failed for unknown reasons" is total lame Bull
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, at this point, they should just turn off the forums whenever there is a season/expansion launch. You could power the servers with how much whining there has been.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LAG SO BAD I CANT LOGIN
    FAIL
    Fail
    fail
    fail
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Seriously, at this point, they should just turn off the forums whenever there is a season/expansion launch. You could power the servers with how much whining there has been.

Don't forget the whining about the whining.
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind issues with game launches as long as there is a forum to read. Though, finding humor and entertainment off of people's tears is not one of my finer qualities.

Jolan Tru!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding? The hissy fits are the best part of season/expansion launches. I'd hate to miss all this emo doom filled melodrama. :P

You have a good point. And hell, maybe Cryptic can study it, and find a real way to power the game with the whining. I retract my statement! Let the whining commence!
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Excpet for the crashes/login issues for the past month that haven't gotten any better.

Yeah. Sure. no one saw this coming, lol.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »

Agreed but why stop there? Why not power it with the whining about the whining to achieve 200% efficiency? Hopefully it will all be fixed by tomorrow.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wait! Whats that up in the sky? It's a bird, it's a plane, NO! It's Captain Hindsight!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Excpet for the crashes/login issues for the past month that haven't gotten any better.

Yeah. Sure. no one saw this coming, lol.

I was being sarcastic.
    klaaz wrote: »
    Wait! Whats that up in the sky? It's a bird, it's a plane, NO! It's Captain Hindsight!

Glad someone got it :P
  • Options
    maldrecmaldrec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its true there is a lot of drama on the login issues with the launch i can agree with them that the developers have a test server so how they managed to TRIBBLE this up is anyone's guess but an mmo is an mmo i have yet to see one that does not have immediate issues the moment a new expansion appear. Who knows maybe they got Defera fixed and not as buggy......although i am going to guess probably not, but we can get our hopes up and find out.
  • Options
    manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Expecting a perfect launch with something this huge is bad. You only set yourself up for disappointment.

I didn't even want a perfect launch, just a launch where I could play for 5 minutes before getting kicked off the server and unable to do anything else.
  • Options
    klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad someone got it :P

*bows* Thank you, thank you I'll be here till the servers work. Oh, wait....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maldrec wrote: »
    its true there is a lot of drama on the login issues with the launch i can agree with them that the developers have a test server so how they managed to TRIBBLE this up is anyone's guess but an mmo is an mmo i have yet to see one that does not have immediate issues the moment a new expansion appear. Who knows maybe they got Defera fixed and not as buggy......although i am going to guess probably not, but we can get our hopes up and find out.

I've played many MMOs at launch, and at other significant content milestones that haven't been plagued by nearly as many issues as STO has had today.
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    login failed for unknown reason
    ^bored of lookin at this
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me this is a bit inexcusable because the game has become almost completely unplayable due to being nearly impossible to get it, load screens taking to long it kicks you out, the UI failing all together making equipping items as well as accepting and completing missions to fail, the lag can hit suddenly and be quite the pain until it clears, not to mention that i've already been angry about the misleading advertisement of the Legacy of Romulus in general.

It's not a full faction, the Character creator is a terrible new UI and nothing more making it less than the complete overhaul they claimed it to be, the Borg skin looks horrendous with any of the open options, the remans look terrible (especially the females), and frankly with this many server issues, things aren't looking great for the launch of neverwinter.

Granted there is a lot of really great stuff in this update, but it's hardly every thing they've claimed it to be so add on top of it the usual bugs and the difficulty of even getting in to play, and i'd say people have the right to be a little upset, but then again after seeing how bad champions online is right now, i really didn't expect this to go well any way.

With all that said though hopefully they can get things straightened up a little in the coming weeks....
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man this update should come with a free costume unlock.

FAILURE PANTS!
  • Options
    darklordkddarklordkd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well beyond lag the first few hrs we enjoyable but soon as i have to jump sectors i get booted an can log back into toon. I need to be able to jump toons at will for d farming an refining/selling got to buys keys an get the destroyer so i have something worth flying til we get rom carrier.