test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• coxx7777coxx7777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After an hour of patching, tried to login, got the bug cant login for unknown reasons. Closed game and re-opened and it is patching again. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG:eek:
  • captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DID someone shoot the server with a plasma Torp? Why is it smoking that green stuff out of it?
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    Regional servers wouldn't prevent people from other regions playing on servers they'd prefer. In WoW, for example, I was in a guild that had British and Australian players in it, and the server was an East Coast, USA server. Same thing with the server I am on now in WoW, players from around the world congregate on Proudmoore, even though it is an American West Coast server. And plus, with cross server communication, and the ability to team up across servers, you'd still meet people from all over. The idea was only suggested to help alleviate the problems with server stability. But, your idea works equally well. Now the true test: Getting Cryptic to actually do it.

I guess having played EVE Online for almost 9 years I got used to the way they, and seemingly Cryptic, do things. As for getting Cryptic to upgrade anything, I don't believe that is down to them, I believe it is PWE's move to make. They hold the purse strings, Cryptic just develop the game for them and I highly doubt they can just order PWE to buy new hardware sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    DID someone shoot the server with a plasma Torp? Why is it smoking that green stuff out of it?

That's not plasma discharge, it's weed. The server hamsters are high as balls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Unknown substance
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well what costs them more money?

New servers, or all the lost costumers this big fiasco will ensure? (And the one that will inevitable result when NW goes live...)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • skyywalk3rskyywalk3r Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :D Well im in. Just kept trying over and over. Not sure how long its going to last but heres hoping.
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic do you guys know what the problem is. Are your tricorders working scanners at full? How many programs are working at cryptic is it one per shift?:eek: I can be campy I am a gold member, dance cryptic engineers dance!!!!!
  • papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimyrielle wrote: »
    The game just managed to load my characters. They are alive and kicking! Now I get stuck at "Retrieving list of maps", though. But it seems they are getting there...
    LOL been there done that even made it a little further all the way to 94.10% of the map loading before I got server not responding message for over 300 seconds then kicked and had to start over
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow 330 secs of server not responding and climbing now on 380 seconds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xvaultxdwellerx3xvaultxdwellerx3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how ive waited months for this addon and on the day its released I CANT ****IN PLAY BECAUSE OF SOME "UNKNOWN REASON"!!

FIX THIS BUGGY **** NOW!!
  • krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if the server is smoking green stuff it would explain the Lethargy of Romulus
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I reinstalled the game and I got in first try :)
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    McCoy: Where are we logging in at?
    Kirk: Where they went.
    McCoy: Suppose they went *nowhere*?
    Kirk: Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a dentist appointment, so I've didn't stay logged. I should apparently have tried. Cannot log back in:-(
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Well what costs them more money?

New servers, or all the lost costumers this big fiasco will ensure? (And the one that will inevitable result when NW goes live...)

Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • stryider8121stryider8121 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not getting a "login failed for unknown reason" I get this

Retrieving list of characters

then

Connection to the log on sever timed out

is this also under the same issue ?

the version I have is: ST.30.20130513a 12
  • capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't help that this was the last LoR teaser they released...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good news, after a week (including literally 8 hours today to get from 46% to the finish line), I've actually finished patching!

Small victories.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the sad thing is, not many games get a second chance like this. They've finally succeeded in drumming up a fair amount of interest, but they were so ill-prepared for it that chances are they won't be able to capture the vast majority of it.

So they better hope the changes work out or this'll turn into a net negative as they fail to bring anyone back (they wandered off because they couldn't play the game and never bother to try it again), AND lost existing customers they pissed off.
  • rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it has been fun trying to log in after patching for 2.5 hours.........so much for that. Good times.

i'm getting unknown reason, server fail and stuck at retrieving maps.
  • armitasarmitas Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can login until the msg "retrieving list of characters" and after loading some time the msg "login failed for an unknown issue"
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see less and less posts per minute in here. Did people start logging in succesfully or just tired of whining?
  • duthekduthek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krilldarn wrote: »
    if the server is smoking green stuff it would explain the Lethargy of Romulus

I see what you did there.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Santa,

For this Christmas, I would like to have a Star Trek game that lets me in to play and do cool stuff. Please give the elves lockboxes, so they can get something cool to play with. Thanks, Santa.

Love,

Little Annie and Tibers
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    This is the launch day of the games biggest season/expansion - why do people find this lag/login problems surprizing?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Soooo.... you're saying we have a better chance of logging in than getting the grand prize Lock box ship.
    Very nice reply! I salute you, sir! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite the rage here, it is unlikely that even a fraction of a percent of STO's subscribers would actually quit over this. The amount of lost revenue would be about the same as they pay the office cleaner for a half days work.

Probably not however the whole big marketing push for LOR was at least in some part aimed at people not playing STO. This will entice em in you betcha.
  • annalislannalisl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tbarlow wrote: »
    some Flak maybe but some ppl r just down right rude :( and a lot of them that r saying rude stuff r prob silver players and they prob haven't paid any money so the only ones that should have Flak r the gold members and they can at least be some what nice

We're saying rude stuff because the need for more/dedicated servers was a 100% predictable fekking outcome of bringing a new, highly-anticipated update online. MMOs have been doing this (and failing to have server capacity every damn time) for a while now. I can't believe that people PAID to do this for a living couldn't learn from a decade (and more) of MMO-update-launch mistakes and at least rent a few more servers for the month of the release. YOU, my friend are far too credulous of their corporate line.
  • retributionzeroretributionzero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even getting to the character selection screen. I try and log in, i get a login server timed out error, then it sends me back to the login screen!

I hope this gets fixed or someone comes up with a way to prevent this, cuz DAYUM i'm super excited for this
This discussion has been closed.