test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone getting in

aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Just curious if anyone is actually getting into game right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Post edited by aldo1raine on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm plagued by the unknown reason log-in error so nope.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • conquest83conquest83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just got in but i think im gonna crash not loading first level right
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what others have said they don't remain in game for very long if they do get in.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ironically I can play romulan.

But I am not playing romulan so :D

Got a chance to look through the alien editor didn't see anything new outside 1 haircut?

Also "hands" tab is missing and several off duty costumes
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    After 4th attempt I made it to map loading ... Then timeout ... The epic failure continues. But hey at least we got the new lock boxes in place. :rolleyes:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did get in a couple of times pass "Login failed for unknown reason", both times got booted within five minutes, last time my mission progress was lost.

P.S. Server not Responding ... insert huge number of seconds here
  • kadix1kadix1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ~"Retreiving list of characters"..."Disconnected from server"...<loop>
  • marsprojectmarsproject Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, just goes to "Login failed for an unknown reason" after about 30 seconds of it saying retrieving characters.
  • ozdrake78ozdrake78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as normal bugs and errors at launch good to see its the same at any launch :D
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because the game drops out when retrieving our characters, I think the dev team is playing with all our maxed geared characters on a private server somewhere. /sarcasm
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuck at "Retrieving list of Characters"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serlo371serlo371 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poopbang wrote: »
    stuck at "Retrieving list of Characters"

Same here before it disconnects me.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am bouncing all over. Was stuck at 'Retrieving list of characters', then got to character select but when I clicked play I waited awhile and got 'Login failed for unknown reason.' Now I'm stuck back at 'Retrieving list of characters' again.
  • evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant even get taht far i have been getting login time out messages for over an hour off an on. before taht lag so bad you couldn even do anything. by anything i mean even little things like replicating items for rep..... wish they would have BETA TESTED this... owait..
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amazing job cryptic. .. what.. 2 months of build up.. a 6 hr patch.. and now this... flucking bravo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at retrieving, same as though who rushed home from work lol. I think I shall transfer Zen over in the meantime.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Made it in and ran the tutorial then went to my primary unlocked remans and went back and kicked off a reman
    Live long and Prosper
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in 5 minutes after the server came back up, crashed on the Flotilla and now can't get past the character select screen (on the rare occasion I'm actually getting that far !).

Think I'll give it a miss for tonight, played through most of the Romulan storyline on Tribble anyway so it can wait for a bit. Sorry if you've not been able to see any of it yet, but I'm sure they're dealing with it. It's not as if they want folk not to play (and spend money on the new shinies :)).
  • evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if this is how wisely they invest the money we spend on this game that we cant even play i question whether or not i will give them anymore money. period. i actually used to sub to this game..
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    evilbsg62 wrote: »
    if this is how wisely they invest the money we spend on this game that we cant even play i question whether or not i will give them anymore money. period. i actually used to sub to this game..

We're basically causing an equivalent to a DDOS attack on the login server, more here:

http://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-015

It will calm down eventually.
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    evilbsg62 wrote: »
    i cant even get taht far i have been getting login time out messages for over an hour off an on. before taht lag so bad you couldn even do anything. by anything i mean even little things like replicating items for rep..... wish they would have BETA TESTED this... owait..

Same here, ALMOST. After FOUR failed attempts to log in I waited for 10 minutes with a SNR and when it finally loaded I got screen to change my traits and then BOOM, I'm out again. If C wants me to buy a Legacy Pack this is NOT the way to convince me to do so. I'm done for the night, no point in being PO'd when this is supposed to be the normal way this goes at launch. Hopefully they'll have their act together tomorrow, LOL!!! On a positive note, I loved the new stuff I did get to see before I was booted. Looks good!! Too bad I couldn't see all of it. Quote for the DAY: "You mean to tell me you took the system down for six hours FOR THIS!!!!" GOOD NIGHT!!
    PS: As a lifetime subscriber I am very disappointed that Cryptic was not better prepared for this. After a 14 hour day at work and then this let down it brings an end to an already louzy day.
  • galacticroamer#3935 galacticroamer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's no good, overloaded.

fail
    Proud member of the 8th Wing Tactical Armada
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Made it in and ran the tutorial then went to my primary unlocked remans and went back and kicked off a reman

figures YOU would be able to get in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in for a bit but the lag was so bad that I left
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urniv821 wrote: »
    figures YOU would be able to get in.

Im gold AND persistant
    Live long and Prosper
  • joelchappelljoelchappell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I rejoiced as I got to choose my character......

then I was saddened as it failed to log-in at map loading....

I remember this happening when Klingons first became playable.... Apparently past mistakes have not been learned from... But on the bright side.... they are at-least consistent...;)
  • baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Usually when people dev-bash or Cryptic-bash it bugs the heck out of me...ya know, if you're that miserable of a person that all you have to do is gripe about the game, simply don't play.

That being said, I am very disappointed in the way in which this expansion has been handled. All that build up, all that hype, all the bloody play-testing (in which I partook with no errors or flaws except for the 6-hour download), and all I have to show for it is another 6-hour download and no playable game.

There is no way in whatever extra-planar metaphysical dimension you wish to name that you Cryptic people could have underestimated how this expansion would be viewed and anticipated. Shame on you for being so woefully unprepared for today.

I'm not gonna say any garbage about quitting the game or never giving over any more money; this is the only MMO I play, and the only one I feel I will ever play. I will only say that this is as shocking a bit of brain-fartedness as I have seen since "Enterprise" got cancelled.
    The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D