test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a race against the pages folks! Will cryptic/pwe resolve the unknown reason before this thread hits 200 pages? Or will they not make it in time. Lets tune in and see. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the problem will be fixed before we hit 200 pages

Lets keep an eye out and see

The real question is how many pages will there be precisely. Start your bets. Price Is Right rules.
  • inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1400 comments and nobody has made the obvious joke about the login server:

"She cannae take much more, Captain!"

:D

I'll get my coat...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronintengu wrote: »
    Unfortunately, just throwing a few additional servers wouldn't cut it. Most likely cause more problems trying to get them integrated with the existing cluster then just trying to deal with the usual launch issues. The only way to stop these problems from happening would be to duplicate the existing cluster and switch to it at launch.

The down side of this would be double the cost of the server equipment, half of which you wouldn't be using except for the next version launch. No company will ever sink that much money into additional computer equipment that would only get used once or twice a year (expect maybe for Google). The cost of their existing cluster could probably buy my house 5 or 6 times over.

Like everything else, this will get fixed. It isn't going anywhere. One more day isn't going to kill you.

As I understand it all Cryptic games share the same servers. Do you think it's cost effective to have a different server for each game? And seriously, what's the ballpark cost on one of those server clusters?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ullikahullikah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Guys,

Sorry to bother you, while you're already having all this trouble with the latest updates.
    I too have problems logging into my account.
    Description:
    Mostly I get to the point, where screen echos: "Retrieving list of characters" and than I get kicked out.
    Sometimes I make it to the new character screen.
    Than when I select my character and click play, I get to "Retrieving Maps" and than I get kicked out after a while.

Hope that helps solving the issue, cause I'd really like to continue playing my game.
    Thanks for your efforts.

Ullikah
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *yawns* I'm giving up for the night... it's almost 1am here. Hopefully things will be sorted by tomorrow sometime?

Keep up the good work devs! ignore the haters and keep doing what you're doing! Nothing is ever perfect in the beginning! But you'll get there in the end! I'm sure of that much!

Nite, Live Long and Prosper! :)
  • lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'll get my coat...

Are you claiming to have read all 1400? Hmmm?
  • nagyervinnagyervin Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder why the queue isn't working (i might have missed the post about that). I'm f2p, so i expected to be queued in some 10K-ish position. That's supposed to be in place to help Golds log in earlier.
    Your Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III deals 174321 (66343) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to I.R.W. Valdore. :o
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who gets teh leet post?

EDIT :- oh.. it went while I was typing this post...
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too spent time on the test server during the open beta, making notes of all the bugs I found and reporting them as best I could. The problem with testing is that so few people are willing to try it, and those same people are the ones who complain later when bugs slip through.

Far too many people lack even the most basic understanding of how stress testing and bug hunting works in games like this, that isn't their fault and I do not blame them for their lack of knowledge.

However when those very people then storm the forums like a dribbling mob of mentally underdeveloped Pliocene Hominids, shouting the odds and behaving as if they DO understand, insinuating that the company is somehow uncaring of or unwilling to fix a situation, then I get very annoyed.

Also thank you for the compliment, here, have some nice donuts :)

Wow! Someone who's intelligent! BTW, isn't Pliocene hominids another term for trolls? At least, with respect online etiquette? And you're welcome. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't having a tantrum right now. Although, I am admittedly disappointed. I would think LTS'ers would be lucky enough to at least get into game. I still think regionalizing their servers, instead of having a single World Server broken up into Shards and Instances, would be a better solution. Blizzard and Bioware use such regional servers successfully, and 98% of the time, the maintenance cycle affects them all at the same time. I can understand if, monetarily, this would be an expensive endeavor for Cryptic, but, if they started saving up the money now, they could implement it within a year or 2. And, after that, bye bye server instability. Then they'd only suffer this kind of issue on Expansion day, instead of every patch day. Oh well...
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im running round romulas VIRINAT town right now its is fully working for me now
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'll get my coat...

You green blooded sonuva-

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!???
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I've had all different levels of success...

...or lack thereof.

Sometimes, I get kicked as soon as I sign in.

Other times, I get to the Character Selection Screen, pick a character, then it kicks out.

Once, I actually got into the game, but not to the character I picked!?!? Finished off some doff's, then got forcibly logged out.

Just think, earlier, I was just worried about the patch. :confused:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a race against the pages folks! Will cryptic/pwe resolve the unknown reason before this thread hits 200 pages? Or will they not make it in time. Lets tune in and see. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the problem will be fixed before we hit 200 pages

Lets keep an eye out and see

Time will tell but prob not this thread is getting big and fast :(
  • rodraf73rodraf73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah I know what is going on... someone at Cryptic was short on hours this week so, the person in question created a bug so he could "fix" it so he can get his/her extra hours... very clever... :D
  • vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO, Was it just me on WOW and EVE when they had their massive crashes AFTER A LIVE RELEASE UPDATE? This is the first LIVE RELEASE UPDATE!! IT was still beta before now. The legacy of Romulus is the First chapter of the continuation of the story where the movies left off. IS anyone else up to date? WOW..... I feel like I was walking through a mental ward with some of the talking. To talk about it as if it is a surprise the launch failed, we knew it would have an issue, we knew it would be needing an update to fix the "hiccups" and we all talked about it. SHEESH ..... way to tell the team they are appreciated for even creating the stuff for you to see on the tribble. The TEST server is a PREVIEW PLAYER FOR CONTENT people. It means you TEST the ITEMS THEY ARE PROGRAMMING FOR MAJOR UPDATES AND CONTENT. As the flight path of a ship is already programmed, and marked and all they have to do is make a skin to cover the codes it is not listed as a MAJOR CHANGE.

IF you want to quit, fine, however you miss out on the real game. I have had the patience to deal with this for years on other games after they were doing EXPANSION UPDATES and were down for MONTHS!!! STO gets back up within hours to days and WOW took SIX MONTHS to UPDATE!! You think this is complaining, they didn't even have a support like the forum to even get an explanation. You just got a *the game is temporarily unavailable and we are working to restore it. We are sorry for the inconvience."

I feel like most come on here to do what they do just because they want the game to fail and the team to lose hope and quit. Lucky for you people like me will be here to tell them as the one in the hundreds of posts that I believe in the job they do and I appreciate them. Instead of Thanking them for responding quickly and politely telling them you are awaiting an answer to see if there is a solution, you act like they took your cellphone and threw it in the water. *shaking head* Would you want to recieve that kind of flack if you were doing your job? Would you like to hear what you are saying for doing what was told for a way to earn the money they use to feed their kids? Less we forget, they have family as well and with that comes the sacrifice they make to make you happy and the LAST thing I see on here is a THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER!. I am at least happy they were nice enough to say they were working on it. WOW took TWO WEEKS to say ANYTHING!!! That is why I am here!!!! I will stay here, I like the game and I like the way the staff replies and works.

The feedback pages are excellent as well. Here you get to help write the game, and again you complain about what you don't get or can't do or want... post it as a suggestion in a positive way instead of saying "EPIC FAIL" and see if they respond better... consider it a challenge. I would love to see the forum rants be more suggestions and talking of what worked for others. That would mean we are all ADULTS like we show our kids to be. *shaking head* to think some teenager can see these adult members demand the answer and treat everyone like trash means they follow the example... Would you want them doing the programming in the game after they saw you acting that way to model the behavior in turn to give you that kind of customer service and say" you get what you give" LOLOLOLOL
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • reinaldor1984reinaldor1984 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login failed for unknown reason

unknown reason WTF???

Call Fox Mulder from the X-files... Please I need play :D
  • ssgtgumby#3483 ssgtgumby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we should form a class action lawsuit against these bozo's that can't deliver on a game they promise as being this and that....enough is enough...we should demand a refund of every dollar we've spent on this BS then play Battlefield 3......

Deceptive Trade Practices
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ullikah wrote: »
    cause I'd really like to continue playing my game.

Sorry, the game crashed for good. STO is gone. You should stop trying to login and go play some other game.

(moves up 1 slot in the queue) :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • montinessmontiness Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brand new to the game, experienced all of the previously mentioned login problems.

Downloaded the installer and installed yesterday.
    Finally after over 12 hours has updated and permitted login.
    Server status is green, connects to login servers fine flashes through to Retrieving list of characters.
    Hangs at Retrieving list of Characters, then timeouts after 30-60 seconds
    First time player have 0 characters.
    Originally created account for Neverwinter - the My Account doesn't seem phased about activating Star Trek Online or similar.
  • glorthoxglorthox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they are having issues like this. Instead of trying to fix the problem leaving the server up then that's the problem too. Why not just take the sucker offline and say emergency maintenance?
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone please call MacGyver to fix this sheet!?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, nobody expected all this problems? If every time its the same with Cryptic.
    Every new season, every new special feature (winter event) Every new game (Neverwinter beta) we have the SAME problems.
    Because its the same problems every time... and we complain the same every time... its a game.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

/snip
    lots and losts of stuff

cool story bro
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...snip wall of gibbering text

Honestly this is nothing. WoW's launch was pretty horrible for DAYS.
  • macdude22macdude22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    It's not healing but instant resurrections that are a premium feature. Free for subscribers and an extra option as you can resurrect as normal at the last checkpoint, same as with STO. Try it for yourself and ignore the haters.

This. The Medical probes are nice but hardly necessary. Exactly the sort of thing I would expect them to give free to subscribers and charge F2P players for.
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been able to get to the character select screen many many times! Glad to see where all my alts are.. Now to just get into the game.. Cryptic tell your PWE masters to spare some more bandwidth... You cant buy lockbox keys if you cant log in!
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the upside, probably now no one can log into CO or Neverwinter either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is, is that they have run out of money paying the monkeys overtime fixing all the problems so they cant afford new servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.