test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• jamezilla1986jamezilla1986 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How long has it been like this? I wanted to start a Romulan.
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel your pain! I even thought they might have disabled deletion of emails ... Then I thought about it again and realized it was just the Uber LAG!!
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Emergency maintenance time?

this.

how are they
    *!*!*We are investigating an issue where some players are seeing a "login failed for unknown reason" error at the log-in screen.*!*!*

somebody had to write the message, so they can find it by simply searching.

imho a login/toons database crash

plus the lag i have encountered ingame..

yeah, server maintenance time :D going to sleep now
  • princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They check these things before they send it out to the public, right?

Put enough monkeys at computers and eventually you'll get Cryptic.

Every. Effing. Patch something happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont be a prick blizzards have been infinately better in every single way to anything cryptic has been involved in and i cant stand blizzard infact hate that company but they have their **** together also bare in mind blizzard have in 2 servers more population than sto has world wide so ur arguments bollocks

And Blizzard have complete autonomy when it comes to their games, their financing and their staffing levels. Can you say the same for Cryptic? Also compare the size of the two companies and the length of time each has been in business.

While I am a little annoyed that Cryptic were not as well prepared as they might have been, I am willing to grant some leeway due to extenuating circumstances. Namely those I mentioned above. And to say that Blizzard are completely superior to Cryptic is a flat out lie. You may wish to educate yourself on some of Blizzards past blunders before you go making such baseless and idiotic comments again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chrondorr wrote: »
    Came home from work
    Da na na na na
    Turned on my PC
    Da na na na na
    Tried to play STO
    Da na na na na
    But the game said no
    Da na na na na
    Now I'm at home all bored
    Da na na na na
    So I'm here on the forums
    Da na na na na
    Yeeeeeeahhhhh baby that's the STO blues.....;)

I'm feeling it brother :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    So I planned for stuff like this happening and brought snacks to munch on while I watch the rage threads go. Ranch flavored wheat thins mmm. How about you guys? What are you all snacking on?

Not snacking right now, having dinner. Red beans and rice.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We are investigating an issue where some players are seeing a "login failed for unknown reason" error at the log-in screen."

hahah they said "some" :rolleyes:

Funny - I just thought the same :) - how many are "some" anyway?
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • m1993maestrom1993maestro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I do realize that today is the day the new expansion has launched, and that there are probably a few bugs to work out, but I haven't seen any new post related to this issue.

I updated to the new expansion patch just fine with my launcher, but when I am in game and attempt to log in, the game cannot get past the "Retrieving List of Characters" process. Each time it tries to get past this stage, it tells me it failed to connect for an "unknown reason". Any help to fix this issue would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Maestro93
    "Music is the single most powerful force in the universe"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i love the fact they keep changing the colour and keep adding * ! *! !* !*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That does it, im busting out my SNES with ST: Bridge simulator, at least those ships can still log in
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just me or is the text at the top of the forum getting bigger with "Issues" :P
  • dmastersondmasterson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Spent a lot of money on legacy pack to not be able to play the new expansion.. Can you guys be any worse at this ???

QQ.

Everyone settle down. If this is the worst thing that happened to you today, you're doing pretty good. A few hours delay after an announced downtime and patch: This isn't the end of the world.
  • kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got the same error to thinkin they might have screwed something up again
  • mattdeckermattdecker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi guys.it seems that im also unable to log in."failed for unknown reason".any ideas on how long this will last? I don't know how long I can stand going without my daily star trek fix.this is driving me insane!!but if I may impart this little bit of wisdom "remember,wherever u go,there you are".and yesterday was today the day before yesterday.which means tomorrow never comes
  • levdarkenlevdarken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow this topic is getting huge!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently there was this black hole created when giving fed plasmonic leech and warbirds at the same time. Now all our characters are being sucked in for some unknown reason.

Roleplaying real life...

Please stop.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the hundreds of thousands of dollars/pounds they make on all the starter packs and lock boxes, ZEN purchases. How the HECK is this acceptable and they don't have decent servers after all this time?

because morons payed, they already got the $ why upgrade?
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wait for them to tweet.

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

saves time imo but yeah they should be addressing this on the forums directly as well.

to be fair to them, they have put notices up at the top of the forum.
  • brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, at least they dont hide the fact that they have absolutelly no idea what servers etc are (maybe good for making toasts? who knows)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tombmaster123tombmaster123 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing for me. I bet (mostly) everyone has it.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    All I heard was "I'm a whiny brat who doesn't understand how 350,000 people all hitting download and game servers at the same time might break things, like it has for almost every expansion in just about any MMO ever."

And All I heard was a old geezer that cannot comprehend how far server architecture has advanced since MMO/Online gaming became popular. . .

. . .And yet how companies still have the same Day 1 issues of 10-15 years ago. . .
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *!*!*We are investigating an issue where some players are seeing a "login failed for unknown reason" error at the log-in screen.*!*!*

i love the fact they keep changing that message more colour more !* !* !*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onetonebruteonetonebrute Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    sure as far as it goes but it is reasonable to assume that the load will increase after an update marketed like LOR yes? We can also assume they actually want to increase market share, so it might be a good idea to be able to handle at least a fraction of the new/returning people coming in yes?

Nope. EVERY mmo deals with huges amounts of stress dealing with major update. Markets shares have nothing to do with how their hardware, ISP, and such deal with a load of users pegging their network. This is just something that happens to any multiplayer game.
  • apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not going to Rage or flip out, i am just going to go to bed and play in the morning.

GMT+00 so i will be able to play off-peak :D
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • desklorddesklord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdie wrote: »
    All I heard was "I'm a whiny brat who doesn't understand how 350,000 people all hitting download and game servers at the same time might break things, like it has for almost every expansion in just about any MMO ever."

Agreed, ii'm sure cryptic is doing their best to fix the problem. Developers are people too (at least i hope they are O_O)
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10GB download went smoothly, in just under an hour ( go high speed internet!!) but now I'm getting the "unknown reason" at login. I guess it's to be expected with a change of this magnitude.
  • rihansuakhenrihansuakhen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    by "some" they mean all
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aur7 wrote: »
    The sad thing is, no matter how much you flame about it on the forums, your complaints aren't going to fix the problem.

But it makes him feel, at least slightly, better. Even if doing so makes YOU feel worse. :P
  • howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    So many people suprised to not be able to log on right after a big update like this? lol

Just suprised cryptic didnt fix anything from the global network-, server- or whatever-problems they had within the last weeks. :(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
This discussion has been closed.