test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Catastrophe (Elite) is broken?

mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
...even five ships beating on it cannot get it below 99 percent. It automagically goes back to full.

Seriously... the autoheal of the Elite CE is broken. You will never see it get down to 98 percent health. :/

Bug?
Post edited by mightionny on

Comments

• borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Well... that doesn't sound like the way it's intended to regenerate.

Anyone else experiencing this? It doesn't occur in local testing.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed that 5 ships (pug, but not total idiots according to the combat log) can barely keep up with the regen.

With a much bigger group we eventually got it to 30%, but then it regenerated very fast to full health and many players gave up and warped out until the group was too small to overcome the regen.

Since CE regen doesn't seem to appear in the combat log, I can't provide hard numbers.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm queuing for CE Elite. I get the join prompt. I warp in. I'm not in a team. I get warped out. There are other ships in the zone dishing it out against the CE.
    edited May 2013
    We just had a local repro case, I was able to watch a Dev play the event and encounter this exact issue.

So... we're investigating. Thank you for reporting it!
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone successfully managed to get onto a map that had >5 players present? What were your results like, if so?
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    have not been able to get crystal below 98% health on elite.
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    have not been able to get crystal below 98% health on elite.

With how many players present during the encounter?
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    i know it was more than a full group, dunno if it was exactly 10 or not.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before I was kicked by the server I tried to did the Crystalline Catastrophe both Elite and Normal

I was unable to do the Elite version. I rember seeing around 7 (at times 8 since sometimes players just quit the mission and sometimes they were replaced for another one) players. But since my team was always with 3 or 4 players i'm guessing both teams were incomplete.

I was able to do the normal version, with 6-7 players, again both teams were incomplete
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait... what is this?
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The whole PvE system is kind of borked currently so it might be a side effect of that. Earlier, I was placed in a solo run of Colony Invasion that I quit after 5 minutes of the Undine spawn camping me at the start with no one else on my team or present in the instance. I had the same issue with the CE Elite but after about 5 minutes, I got a second person that showed up on the other team. The two of us could not do much damage to it and it kept repeatedly one-shotting us until we quit.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, once I finish patching up I'll pull together a max dps team together (if they haven't tried already) and see what happens. If 5+ 15k ISE dpsers can't drop it then not a chance in hell the common population will be able to :P
  • eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, got in with an 9 man team of mostly high dps STF runners, although probably a bit heavy on A2B beam boats. Best we did was mid 60%, by the time we called it CE was back up in to ~80%. Either we're missing some basic mechanic (quite possible, I don't read) or there is some serious regen going on.

edit: also, it appears to be back to original special event position, so orbiting it rams you directly against the planet
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not worth the 40 Marks for this amount of frustration.

Wish you guys wasn't so cheap with the Tholian marks, because people are already tired of the grind. Its like you enjoy torturing people with multiple characters.
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just tried it, we got it to 80% then somehow it went back to 100% and almost everyone gave up. Harder to tank than 5 tactical cubes.
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am encountering a new problem. Dunno if it's been talked about. When I queue for Crystalline Entity, I end up zoning in, but I'm not on the team, so I get kicked out. I tried it repeatedly to make sure I wasn't crazy. Well, too crazy.

Anyway, I can't even do the event. I'd like to!
  • hellstedthellstedt Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone successfully managed to get onto a map that had >5 players present? What were your results like, if so?

Yes, warped into one with about 8. We never managed less than 96% and i was fconstantly bashing shards while the others shot on the entity.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PUGged CCE with a team of 10.

We got it down to 91%, after many people died multiple times, but then it shot back up. After it shot back up the teams fell apart as people bailed out.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • jalawaranjalawaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not worth the 40 Marks for this amount of frustration.

Wish you guys wasn't so cheap with the Tholian marks, because people are already tired of the grind. Its like you enjoy torturing people with multiple characters.

It sure seem that they dislike mult-character players like us. Nothing like more time required with every "beneficial" change.

I ran the elite Entity mission twice - both over 30 mins, both failed with the Ent healing up non stop...unless they seriously revamp it, it'll stay with the starter missions that auto-assigned themselves to my 8k accolade lvl 50...completely untouched.

I will however, run the azure nebula run again as it now pays 30 marks (possibly more but not seen any other amt yet) for 12 mins...that's a win in my book.
    edited May 2013
    Late yesterday, we discovered a synergy error in our Regeneration math, associated with the Elite version of the Crystalline Entity. Since Regeneration is based on a percentage of maximum HPs, the combination of a high regen rate and >5million HPs were causing compounding issues. In short, it was allowing the Entity to regenerate so many hitpoints that it would require far more DPS than even the most hardcore 10-man team could ever hope to muster (around 18k DPS, per player). And then it ramped up from there, during Phase 2 and Phase 3 (after each explosion).

So... that's being fixed. While the Entity will retain a very high Regeneration rate, it will actually be lower on Elite than it is on Normal, due to the way it synergizes with high Max HP figures.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Late yesterday, we discovered a synergy error in our Regeneration math, associated with the Elite version of the Crystalline Entity. Since Regeneration is based on a percentage of maximum HPs, the combination of a high regen rate and >5million HPs were causing compounding issues. In short, it was allowing the Entity to regenerate so many hitpoints that it would require far more DPS than even the most hardcore 10-man team could ever hope to muster (around 18k DPS, per player). And then it ramped up from there, during Phase 2 and Phase 3 (after each explosion).

So... that's being fixed. While the Entity will retain a very high Regeneration rate, it will actually be lower on Elite than it is on Normal, due to the way it synergizes with high Max HP figures.

I really appreciate the time you take to listen and engage with the players. Thank you for what you are doing and being open to direct feed back.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • cdiederichscdiederichs Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for working on a fix. Really thought the old unkillable Entity had returned there...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... that's being fixed...
    Sheeeee.... mah Dev-oh. That's all you had to say.

:cool:

Thanks J-Man!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't occur in local testing.
    because your local testing sucks ... like the liberated Borg cant skill BUG

you have not even tested it right ? Not Intern and not on Tribble
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA on the fix? Will it just come with the weekly maintenance cycle?

Also, is it fair to note here that JUST AS I WAS WRITING THIS, I was waiting in the Crystalline normal queue and the entire game crashed? I wasn't even looking at the screen. It just went back to Windows. The crash report popped up, so I started typing. Then the CRASH REPORT CRASHED.

I'm becoming less and less interested in fighting this pink b*tch.

ADDENDUM: is it me, or is there some kind of targeting error? My ship keeps shifting focus off of the Entity by itself, forcing me to sift through a cloud of target reticules to continue shooting what I want to shoot.
  • persephone513persephone513 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ADDENDUM: is it me, or is there some kind of targeting error? My ship keeps shifting focus off of the Entity by itself, forcing me to sift through a cloud of target reticules to continue shooting what I want to shoot.

It is not just you, in every STF I ran today my targeting constantly shifted focus. Only way I found to stop it from happening was to turn off auto-targeting.
  • usserebususserebus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did something get changed with the normal entity today? This afternoon it behaved just like during the event (pretty much a pushover). I've run it three times in the past four hours or so (all on normal) and as soon as it hits 33% the regen outpaces the damage people are doing and the purple beams start dropping shields in one shot and popping ships on the next. This strikes me as the intended behavior for the elite version, since a serious team could probably whittle it down with tanks and healers, but I've watched three full pug groups quit after the normal entity regens back to 100% from 33% while killing everyone within seconds of them coming in range.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a somewhat related note did any one else find they were inable to sort the PVE ques by ground/space?

I can check the boxed but they all show up anyway.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing I noticed was many, many, many fighters up and close to the entity... Almost as soon as the large crystals came out, they went back as small crystals... It didn't help that there where 2 people well within 1km of the entity, which did the same thing as the fighters... Just an observation.

OH YEAH! It's extremely hard to target any crystals because of the entities size... You have to go to this wild angle to get 1/2 of a chance to target one. It doesn't only happen here, but with any "Base."
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it fixed yet?