test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alternet patch method (steam only)

drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
If you have STO via steam.

Start steam goto game library.

Right click STO and select properties.

a new window will open then select the Local files tab. Under that tab select Verify Integrity of game cache.

Steam will then do a check of the game files (depending on computer takes a minute or 2) it will then say it failed and start downloading the missing game files. (about 30-45 minutes depending on connection and computer speed)

once it is down loading the missing files click play. STO launcher will do a quick patch to reconnect and start. Once it has start it will download another 137 meg to patch the launcher which only took me a couple minutes. It will then switch from patch to engage.
Post edited by drizzec on

Comments

• knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even my validating steam cache files window is stalling at 0%. What the heck!?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to be working for me. Will certainly keep this in mind for future problems.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drizzec wrote: »
    If you have STO via steam.

Start steam goto game library.

Right click STO and select properties.

a new window will open then select the Local files tab. Under that tab select Verify Integrity of game cache.

Steam will then do a check of the game files (depending on computer takes a minute or 2) it will then say it failed and start downloading the missing game files. (about 30-45 minutes depending on connection and computer speed)

once it is down loading the missing files click play. STO launcher will do a quick patch to reconnect and start. Once it has start it will download another 137 meg to patch the launcher which only took me a couple minutes. It will then switch from patch to engage.

it worked until i got err connection to servers lost,,,,,,,now get site down for maintenance,,,
  • shiftyticksshiftyticks Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Working for me.

Shut down the Launcher, validated cache finished in about 20 seconds, found 11 files and started to download what it needed. About 15 mins is estimated time to complete. 4.6 GB.

Update: Steam finished in the estimated time; launched the launcher and it was good to go.

Thanks for the work around.
  • ariochddariochdd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    working for me too.
    Thank you