• leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm stuck at 97%, so close!:P
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at 96.4% for ages now... And there's me thinking I was all pre-patched and ready to go! QQ BAAAWAAAHHAAAAAA! :P
  • saxifrsaxifr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    intro_klg.bik - took FOR E VER
    intro_rom.bik - gonna be the same
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    99.2%...so close!

Oh well good things come to those who wait :D
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'm going to be the same age as William Shatner by the time this thing is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saxifrsaxifr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'm going to be the same age as William Shatner by the time this thing is done.

man I'm really thinking we need sme 90's music to go with our 90's download speeds

:cool:
  • kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to look into this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Come on, have some respect for your costumers, we all know you looking nothing you just wait everyone finish to patch and after all will come back as usual.

Btw 3911ko in one hour !!! never see that in every mmo
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The worst server performance ever at world!!!
    Get a new server guys.Spend some money for that too.Life is not all times getting everything u have to spend some too!!!
    Also dont share with any games with STO at same server!!! Ur poor server is can't handle it.Deal it geez-.-
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please send me the patch on an USB stick by post.

That probably will go faster.
  • pugcondonpugcondon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick question, the game is available through steam (where i get it from) is it not possible to give stream the latest patch file for sto and shift the bulk of the downloads onto the steam servers making pw servers free to concentrate on the game?
  • bloodfrontbloodfront Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You think you geniuses have it bad? Try not being able to even begin patching!

Launcher loads -> Login fine -> Checking version (STALL)

Can't get past the version checking step. Just stalls there.
    edited May 2013
    pugcondon wrote: »
    Just a quick question, the game is available through steam (where i get it from) is it not possible to give stream the latest patch file for sto and shift the bulk of the downloads onto the steam servers making pw servers free to concentrate on the game?

Simply brilliant! That no one else thought about that ...

Steam patches much faster indeed.
  • kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pugcondon wrote: »

Think one second if they really care about we can patch they will give us a way for download the patch on p2p that just the most easy way for everyone
    edited May 2013
    Seems that whatever the problem was, it's now fixed.

Patching at about 250kb/sec as we speak.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had to download something before and after every game session for the last week. I thought I was pre-patching.

Now I have to just download the whole patch, I guess.

Woops, I downloaded the whole thing and now a file is locked that needed to be open for writing, despite UAC being off and never having had the error before.

Guess I'll just download it again, then.
  • duala058duala058 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting alot of "error 14 the connection to the server was lost" bla bla bla.. restarting..

same here, have fios kick TRIBBLE internet, never seen speeds this slow on a patch from sto..
    edited May 2013
    That sounds a bit too familiar, mscowboy!

For some bizarre reason, I've got Cryptic files strewn across all 5 of my hard drives, even though the game was only installed onto one drive, and, if I disconnect all the drives except for the installation drive, then the launcher has to redownload the entire game.

The entire launcher/patcher is a complete mess and they should just can the thing.
    edited May 2013
    Why don't they just provide some other means for downloading this patch.

Torrents or mirror download sites etc?
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mscowboy wrote: »
    I've had to download something before and after every game session for the last week. I thought I was pre-patching.

Now I have to just download the whole patch, I guess.

Woops, I downloaded the whole thing and now a file is locked that needed to be open for writing, despite UAC being off and never having had the error before.

Guess I'll just download it again, then.

Same here I thought all the Pre Patching was done But not so:mad:
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to patch. I'm based in the UK. I've been trying to get into the game for the past four hours and I am stuck with the patcher at 2.5% of 125MB. The initial patch of 10GB was fine up until it hit 97%, then it died.

There is definitely something up with the final 5-10% of the patch. The speed (when it connects at all) is in the order of single digit kb per second, it will take days to patch this 125MB unless something is fixed.

My internet connection is 170MB, pretty much the fastest available in the UK.

And this after I allowed the pre-patch updates every night. I don't even want to play the LoR nonsense, I just want to get back in the game and play my Fed Captain :(
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 hour - 2 % :mad:
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like i'm back in the nineties with the speeds being provided by cryptics robust servers,I didn't think dial up was used anymore... :o

Falling at the first hurdle again,it's not even remotely funny anymore.
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the midwest US and I started it this morning to pre-patch and be ready. CRAWLED along. After hours and getting to 35% a connection hiccup restarted it. Patching from ZERO!? Ugghhhhhh.... might be able to play at midnight. Why it no save patch progress? Back to the start and it is still limping along.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaudeville03vaudeville03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloodfront wrote: »
    Seems that whatever the problem was, it's now fixed.

Patching at about 250kb/sec as we speak.

Bzzzzt!

Wrong. Not even close to fixed.

Brandon, how many times do I need to download intro_klg.bik? It almost completes, then restarts.

10 times now.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »
    The initial patch of 10GB was fine up until it hit 97%, then it died.

There is definitely something up with the final 5-10% of the patch. The speed (when it connects at all) is in the order of single digit kb per second

Same here. Everything was fine up to 97%. Then it stalled, automatically went back to checking the Version, started again at about 186MB to go... Downloaded to 6.1%, stalled, checked version number again and now I'm stuck at 6.4% of 163MB for the past 30-45 minutes.

It's downloading but at something like 1KB per second and every couple of minutes it stops downloading for about 5 minutes or more. It's getting a little frustrating at this stage.
  • shigashiga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sitting at a 10gb download with going at about 20kb/s. Just patched five other games at 5mb/sec... Yeah...
  • xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure about the SLOW patch, but I am now on my 3rd patch? It download a 9.2 Gig patch, then a 5.8 Gig patch, and now a 1.6 Gig patch?????? I should have been able to start playing about 3 hours ago, but I kept getting "server timed out" and then the patches began.
  • bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I quit a few years back out of boredom, heard about the new expansion so I came back today. This patch is absolutely terrible. 250MB out of 6.1GB completed so far and its been about 2 hours since I started patching. A patch of this size should only have taken 15 minutes at my connection speed. I can understand the patch servers are overwhelmed due to so many people patching at the same time, but this is inexcusable. Most other companies would have temporarily rented a few extra servers to handle the increased load for a few days. In my experience, paying for a few more servers is a hell of a lot cheaper than losing potential members who are unsatisfied with all the TRIBBLE we have to deal with just trying to log in.
  • xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I already had close to 15 Gigs of patches already downloaded this week.
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will share this worst epic fail patching performance on game blogs.Good job!