test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patcher not connecting!!!!!!!!!

randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
I can't connect to patch. My internet connection is fine as my brother is currently steaming a video on his computer. Web pages load on my computer so its definitly on Cryptics end. Must be the first LOR patch bug. I am using Linux and I was playing early this morning before the matinance started. Are any other Linux users having trouble? I hope I don't have to use Windows just for one game. Did Cryptic change something in the patcher? I wanted to make another Romulan now that Tribble isn't the only place. I was using Linux with LOR on Tribble yesterday, so I think its just the patcher!
Empress Sela, was assimulated by the Borg drone named Tasa Yar! :eek:
Post edited by randolf2 on

Comments

• randolf2randolf2 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just switched it to show all games and Neverwinter and Champions wont patch either!
  • martydartymartydarty Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry its slow very very slow as everyone is trying to patch is just slow you may have to wait till tomorrow like myself to get it patched and play., or just keep trying :(
    edited May 2013
    martydarty wrote: »
    Don't worry its slow very very slow as everyone is trying to patch is just slow you may have to wait till tomorrow like myself to get it patched and play., or just keep trying :(

I have tribble all patched up so I was hoping it would't take long. I just noticed a message saying Cryptic is investigating very slow patching. This is strange since tribble is all patched up, so it should be able to copy stuff over to Holodeck and patch up in minutes. O' well its a huge update. Us gold members shouldn't have to deal with this. I guess that is why Cryptic plastered that message at the top of the boards. They must be really stressing right now.
    edited May 2013
    Great my singularity core ran out of fule and the Romulan Republic ran out of spare fule. They had to order it from Feraginar and they said it will be three weeks! Some body needs to kill Quark! I'd rather order from Nog at least he understands us Captains. :D
  • masadacomasadaco Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting very erratic patching... first there was the massive 6 gig patch which really didn't take all that long but it did report some weird stuff. It was giving numbers like 5000 MB of 6000 MB patched with 200 MB downloaded? Then as soon as that was done it kicked in to a new patch for 224 MB that was loading at like 1 KB a sec and stalled. I restarted and now the client is reporting a 203 MB patch which stopped for no reason and then restarted.

Welcome to launch day.
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dev's just to update you on the patching problems. I have been running my launcher for over an hour and it still says patching and still shows nothing patching! I mean no progress is showing! Is your patch sever missconfigureed or something?
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been gaming for years now on many platforms and many varied types of games. I want to again extend my hand a hratitude to the STO and Cryptic staff for even though many of us have said things that do not give you all the props you do deserve, in the end, you still handle all of it with such professionalism. Knowing that those of us who truely do understand what "New Frontiers" you are journeying into, by creating and continueally improving this product to your dedicated gamers.
    I personnally have always thought it not only extremely honorable to continue highly dedicated service to a costumer once they have already paid you in full. But to undergo exhaustive research and developement to them that have not surrendered any of their monitary value from hard work and then complain and you still work so hard to supply even them with a supreme product is what I would refer to as "Valor".

Again my very highest appreciation to all you at STO and Cryptic for doing your very best you can at providing a very high end gaming experience to all of us.
    I have personally enjoyed many hours now of interactive entertainment and am soon going to prove that appreciation by joining Gold.

God bless you all for the works of your hands and minds.

Cpt. Ron
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its just everyone's trying to get a taste of LoR at once. Wait till tommorow or thursday to patch then things should go better.
  • vantheman77vantheman77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem of slow patching while my internet connection is good.
    edited May 2013
    I switched to Windows and now the patcher is working so its at least partiually that you must have changed the way the patcher works so that linux now longer works for the patcher. So much for my patching Tribble so the download for Holodeck would be small. Now I have to wait for this huge slow download. Thanks for nothing Cryptic. Why did you floks have to mess with the way the launcher worked. It was working just fine via linux a few hours ago before the maintenance. :mad::mad::mad:
    edited May 2013
    I'll fix a late lunch and with any luck I can play LOR after. 31% now. Considering how big the download is is actually going fairly quick. At least I am a gold subscriber. I would hate to be F2P with this huge download or it would take all day!
    edited May 2013
    It appears to be patched so now I will click engage and see what happens.
    edited May 2013
    I go to to the LOR splash screen and I am waiting.
    edited May 2013
    Login failed forn unknown reason! :(
    edited May 2013
    When using the linux operating system it wouldn't patch on launch day but now that has been fixed. If you normally play STO via linux > wine rejoice because it works again. It still takes a long time to login but that problem has existed since STO launced back in 2010.
    Since STO dosn't officially support linux then it will probably be a problem well into the future.