test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

last 200 megs

khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
is taking 20 hours too download, what gives?

upload too an ftp or something or we wont be able to play until the 23rd at this rate.
Romulus burned, untold billions died.
It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
New Romulus rises.
Post edited by khanstruewrath on

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is taking 20 hours too download, what gives?

upload too an ftp or something or we wont be able to play until the 23rd at this rate.

What gives is that the world and his wife are also trying to download that last 200MB at the same time as you. You're all clogging the tubes.

Just glad I pre-patched and mirrored the files from Tribble. A nice, simple 100kb patch for me.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive had the patcher running for hours and its been stuck on the last 200 megs for hours, so no its not everyone all at once, its lack of patch on server to download.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    poeticrexpoeticrex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am with you. Very horrible dl speeds for the last few %. Going to take till tomorrow to get the last 250mb i need.
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patching system doesn't seem to be working very well at all. The launcher is slow and laggy, the display progress doesn't update properly. When it's downloading new data, it doesn't show this, and sometimes the cpu just spikes for no reason. I don't understand why they implement such a clunky, inefficient system when we could just download it as a direct download from their own servers.

Other programs can patch and update quickly and easily without issues, but we have to endure endless slow-downs and issues. Just look at the pre-patch failure.
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was going pretty slow at 11am EASTERN

but i managed to finish in about 45 minutes.
  • Options
    poeticrexpoeticrex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patching system doesn't seem to be working very well at all. The launcher is slow and laggy, the display progress doesn't update properly. When it's downloading new data, it doesn't show this, and sometimes the cpu just spikes for no reason. I don't understand why they implement such a clunky, inefficient system when we could just download it as a direct download from their own servers.

Other programs can patch and update quickly and easily without issues, but we have to endure endless slow-downs and issues. Just look at the pre-patch failure.

If they had a clue then the patch would of been rolled out in small chunks over the last week and just unlocked it all for everyone on today. Yes we could of got most of it from test server but who knows if that file would of not been the final patch but what do I know I am just a average gamer.
  • Options
    martydartymartydarty Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it was going pretty slow at 11am EASTERN

but i managed to finish in about 45 minutes.

Yeah its bad im on 98 % for over an hour now now matter how many times I restart does not wana go any further grrrr im not surprised though sto launcher has always been horribly slow
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poeticrex wrote: »
    If they had a clue then the patch would of been rolled out in small chunks over the last week and just unlocked it all for everyone on today. Yes we could of got most of it from test server but who knows if that file would of not been the final patch but what do I know I am just a average gamer.

Yeah- anything would have been better than this.

Cryptic already know people have had problems with the pre-patch not progressing, then restarting completely and causing people to download over 9GB of data which ends up being discarded.

They could have a simple FTP download, a bit torrent distribution method (which means we don't rely on their overloaded, pathetic servers) or as you say, have the client download incremental updates every time you exit the game which would more evenly distribute the load amongst users.

I guess they are hell-bent on rolling out LOR, and cashing in on new players or others making C-Store purchases or the over-priced Legacy pack. Then yeah... slowly deal with the chronic server issues later.
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm at 96.8% and have been slowly increasing the whole time. I was at 95.6 bout 10 minutes ago. but it seems to be getting slower the higher the percentage goes up.

While this was posting it shot up to 97.1% in 2 minutes. Its slow but not terribly slow. I just feel some what sorry for all the poor saps that didnt pre-patch the last few days that they were able to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, I started downloading as soon as it would let me, and the majority of it just zipped by, until the last 200-300MBs. So I just went to grab lunch and it was finished by the time I got back.

Now if I could just work some voodoo to get the server back up faster, life would be peachy.
  • Options
    crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pre-patching never worked completely for me, so I'm probably gonna have to download it from scratch. This is gonna be painful.
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I've been with the last 200MB for over 2 hours and only managed to download 50MB.

Feels like way back when I had a dial up connection....
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My download slowed a lot when it got to like 97% complete but it eventually did finish but the server status light is STILL RED! :eek::confused:
  • Options
    saberythsaberyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are lucky. I started patching about 3 hours ago and am only up to 20%. =/
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    sucks to get 1/100 of normal download speed.

1.1 Gb to go at 50Kb/sec guess i wont be playing today
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the patch is finished here but it restarted and now im patching 184 MB and im stuck at 5.4%
  • Options
    modesixmodesix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah even this last 200 megs is pretty painfully slow. :/
  • Options
    roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch has been frozen at 97.8% for 2 hrs...and counting
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    What gives is that the world and his wife are also trying to download that last 200MB at the same time as you. You're all clogging the tubes.

Just glad I pre-patched and mirrored the files from Tribble. A nice, simple 100kb patch for me.

Really? Because I was all pre-patched, and Tribbled up, and so far I have patched 84MB (over the course of the last half hour I might add) and have been at 99% for some time.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeh, of the 10gig the client needed to patch for me : it got 98% of it from tribble folder

Sitting at 99.8% atm and it has only actually downloaded 146.9MB :P

According to network monitor, its going at around 0.1kb/s

hella painful last two percent:/
  • Options
    aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the patcher is still going incredibly slow. About 20 minutes ago the patcher finished the main patch and now is downloading 128 mb. And it's going painfully slow. It's going about a percent a minute. At that rate it will be another hour and a half before that's done.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep youll have the big 10gig download then followed by another 160mb file "for me anyways" soon after.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about firing up a few extra patch servers guys? This is just insane...
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got to 98% then server went live... lost connection to patch server. Had 259MB to go. Reconnected to patch server and it has taken 55min to download 12MB. At this rate I might be able to log in around midnight....lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]