test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With the LoR about to launch I just wanted to take a moment...

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
With the Legacy of Romulus about to launch I just wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to the entire STO team.

I've had a little play with the new expansion on Tribble in closed and open beta and have absolutely loved what I seen and played.

I am really looking forward to getting in game with the new content on Holodeck when maintenance is over in a couple of hours.

I sincerely hope that everything goes smoothly for you all and the players.

You have all put an enormous amount of work into this update and it truly shows.

So, THANK YOU!

LLAP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• buckner3buckner3 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the Legacy of Romulus about to launch I just wanted to take a moment to say a huge thank you to the entire STO team.

I've had a little play with the new expansion on Tribble in closed and open beta and have absolutely loved what I seen and played.

I am really looking forward to getting in game with the new content on Holodeck when maintenance is over in a couple of hours.

You have all put an enormous amount of work into this update and it truly shows.

So, THANK YOU!

LLAP

Seconded

Finally tried this game 6 months ago, and am now a Lifetimer. Hands down the BEST overall Star Trek gaming experience I've ever had. And now that Romulans are a playable faction (and Klingons get the FULL experience as well now) . . . well it feels like all the really important things that make this Star Trek are now here.

Thank you.

Richard III
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good idea.

A sincere thank you from me too.

Now that you've finished your biggest ever expansion, is there any chance you can address the KDF T4 Marauding boff?

But seriously, thank you.

[I reserve the right to take this all back if things go pear shaped once the maintainance is over.]
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree. I did extensive testing on Tribble and I have to say I love what they've done. I might even start a 4th KDF character.

But I had been waiting to play a Romulan for a long time so my new main will not be KDF. He will be aligned with them however:D
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't agree more! This is a great time for STO and I think very indicative of good times to come. A big thanks to the Devs and to my fellow players, cause of course without either group there'd be no game at all.

And I'd like to encourage to everyone to be patient today. Big launches like this one seldom go 100 percent smooth, that's just the reality we live in. Remember any hiccups along the way aren't intentional and will get smoothed out.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    :::hugz:::
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a returning player. I hope one day we will all meet and share a barrel of blood wine together after we defeated the Federation and their cowards called Star Fleet. Any Romulan foolish enough not to advance the correct Klingon ideology will be dead too.

I am looking forward to playing a Gorn and seeing the PvE information about the Klingons. When i left, Klingons only had PvP.

Long Live the Empire!
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of how things go over the next few days I am impressed with what I see in the patch notes alone.

It's unfortunate that since on the internet you don't have to face the people you are complaining to...there is way too much of that here.

I'm sure a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this expansion and the game in general.

Thank you for your efforts.
  • resurgent1resurgent1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only 2 more hours! WOOT!!!!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to be negative, but I'm kinda expecting server crashes within the first few minutes of LoR going live with everyone logging in and everyone starting a Romulan.
  • azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too played the Tribble beta and loved most of what I experienced. Legacy of Romulus is Star Trek Online's first expansion ever. It's taken 3 years for me to finally be able to play as a Romulan and I consider this a promise fulfilled.

By the way, the Tribble test server is still up and running for those looking to try the new content before the game server actually opens up.

Have fun and Be well!
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was lucky enough to be part of the closed beta for Legacy of Romulus. That's a badge of honor I will happy show off whenever I can. That said, this expansion is Cryptic's best work. Period. The level of detail and love that went into this update is astounding when you consider where this game has come from--and how small the team really is.

I'm very impressed. Legacy of Romulus has fully restored my faith in STO and I can't wait to get my hands green today.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes Thank you guys.
    Once this is all up and running you deserve a cup of tea (earl grey hot naturally) and a sit down.

Of course you guys have one of the best jobs in the world , You get to meet and work with Denise Crosby for a start (Jealous as hell)
    Live long and Prosper
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THANK YOU

for giving us what we have been waiting for so long.
    even in this form, it is finally an opportunity to play as our beloved faction.

Jolan'Tru!
  • keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything is going smooth in Neverwinter land. so they should go smooth here.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything is going smooth in Neverwinter land. so they should go smooth here.

Theoretically.
  • ludovicoariostoludovicoariosto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've really enjoyed what I've seen in Beta. I'm very excited, and just want to say thank you for doing what you do. I know you all hear a lot of complaints, so here's one member saying "Thanks! I enjoy what you've done. I look forward to more."
  • vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am very proud and happy to give my thanks to STO team. I have been privileged to play LoR closed beta on Tribble, so I know that they have put their hearts and souls into the upcoming launch. It might not be perfect or bug-free, but it is ALIVE and it has Star Trek spirit.
  • skyywalk3rskyywalk3r Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to say thank to the dev team as well for all their hard work. I had the pleasure to play in the closed beta and i was impressed with everything i saw. great modeling, great story!! Excited for the future of STO!!

See you all in game.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So, THANK YOU!

LLAP

I am also impressed by the scope of this update, as well as the amount of detail that has gone into it. Thank you Cryptic for finally making a Romulan faction accessible to us. I've waited forever, but it's finally here!!! :D. Bought the starter pack just to show my support, too.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • dakkidedakkide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree midnight. Cant wait to get in and play.
    MorBlade
  • kiki313kiki313 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also would like to say my Thanks :)

I play a few other MMO but I find the game and this community to one of the nicest and most enjoyable yet. Many thanks to both the STO team and Veteran plays that made my time very entertaining!
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seconded, or thirded... or 37...ed.

Whatev'

Glad to be vindicated in my support of you folks!
  • gamedudgamedud Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost to a year of 100% F2P, I would also like to give my thanks for the closed beta invite, Good luck with everything.

Now can we maybe set off a supernova in Q'onos too :)
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So, THANK YOU!

LLAP

Yes! I love this game, and I love the Trek treatment it gets from the devs. Keep it up!
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So, THANK YOU!

LLAP

Not being sarcastic....but how do you feel at this moment now with all the patching issues players are having? I have seen 8 different versions and the same theme with all of them. Funny lots of outcry was done in tribble testing weekend PREDICTING this SAME outcome today and asking DEVs to invest money wisely to build up more servers and patching issues...all of that went into the void of "don't wanna hear complaints" and moved all those feedbacks to trash area. In re-trospect lessons are not learned and it is highly illogical not to hear your base....Look what happened to SIM city...
    just DO THE JOB RIGHT...and players will appreciatte that better than false praises....
    DUwNP.gif

• midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not being sarcastic....but how do you feel at this moment now with all the patching issues players are having? I have seen 8 different versions and the same theme with all of them. Funny lots of outcry was done in tribble testing weekend PREDICTING this SAME outcome today and asking DEVs to invest money wisely to build up more servers and patching issues...all of that went into the void of "don't wanna hear complaints" and moved all those feedbacks to trash area. In re-trospect lessons are not learned and it is highly illogical not to hear your base....Look what happened to SIM city...
    just DO THE JOB RIGHT...and players will appreciatte that better than false praises....

It happens! I can wait... things will sorted as soon as they can!
    Being a coder myself, I know that no matter how much testing and feedback you receive, no matter how much you invest in software and hardware anything and everything can still go wrong when updating a live system.

Small connectivity and gameplay issues in the short term still does not take away from the huge amount of work and effort that has been put into this expansion and does not negate how much gratitude I have towards the developers of this game for all the time and hard work they have poured into it.