test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The the Nerdgasms begin

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
This is built from the Polar lights 1/350 Enterprise model kit and modded to run underwater. Very cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQEsG4eKIXs
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg, they have even done Voyager, Ent-D and Battleship Yamato, those are the only ones I have watched so far.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome!!! :D Next they should add a small waterproof camera to the front and try exploring a pond or a river. I'm sure the fish will love to get a visit from the starship Enterprise!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I approve of this. :)

And psycoticvulcan, nice sig. lol
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want one.

RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want one.

RIGHT NOW.
    Second that.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut up and take my money!!
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want one.

RIGHT NOW.
    Second that.
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Shut up and take my money!!

all of this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I want one.

RIGHT NOW.

Fourthed.

Is that a word?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fourthed.

Is that a word?

your sug is awesome if cryptic ever lets romulans have facial hair i swear im making a rimulan leonidas and run around hollering "WE ARE ROMULAN" lol

great sig mate
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I. Want. To. Buy. One. Of. Those.

Right. Now.

Is there a video of how it was made?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a RC Enterprise, but this guy made a scratchbuilt, 6 foot long model of the Enterprise-A / Connie Refit. The size is massive, the details great, lots of little touches, shuttlebay, and even the damn lighting.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im sooo jelly :(

this make me almost want a T5 connie refit :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet Jesus!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im sorry but building them as a sub rc is kinda stupid.

ild rather see it as a rigid derigable with mostly helium internals that floats a few feet off the floor and have it powered by induction props on the nacelles balanced by the weight of the battery further forward.

it might have to be made fairly good size (upwards of 4-6 feet long) to make floating it with helium viable but im willing to have it be larger to not have to play in water with it. use it outside on non windy days and in large buildings when you must play indoors =D
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    im sooo jelly :(

this make me almost want a T5 connie refit :)

30 hours a week for a year, dyam, i dont even have 30 hours a week left between work (57-60) and sleep (49-56).
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im sorry but building them as a sub rc is kinda stupid.

ild rather see it as a rigid derigable with mostly helium internals that floats a few feet off the floor and have it powered by induction props on the nacelles balanced by the weight of the battery further forward.

it might have to be made fairly good size (upwards of 4-6 feet long) to make floating it with helium viable but im willing to have it be larger to not have to play in water with it. use it outside on non windy days and in large buildings when you must play indoors =D

The aquatic version behaves much more like the Enterprise (banking and etc) than I would expect a "balloon" version to.

And I don't think you'd actually have to get in the water to use it. Just place it in and control it from land.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone