test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Cloaking Bug

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
We have been waiting 10 months on holodeck for the fix to the Klingon cloaking bug to no avail, maybe getting it fixed on tribble would be easier. This bug is an enviroment issue and not a ship or power bug, which requires a programmer to go back and strip the coding then replace it on each patch to correct the problem. Since there are less patches on tribble would it not be wise to correct it now?
The problem is if you are not familiar, anytime there is a pop up dialog if the ship is cloaked it will decloak the ship.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    They don't have the resources to fix it.
    They need their employees to make more non combat pets and emote packs.
    edited October 2011
    iirc one of the devs said that it wasn't an easy fix, and was going to take a while, but that they were hoping to fix it asap.
    edited October 2011
    They said that in march
    edited October 2011
    I think 10 months is more than enough to be patient. It is not an easy fix because of the reason why i stated above. Since they will replace the holodeck environment with the f2p model, this is the perfect time to get the fix in. There are less patches to go and remove code and replace with the fix. With each month passing, it will get harder and harder because of the minimal of 4 patches each month. Holodeck there would be minimal of 40 patches to go back and fix. At least on tribble they are looking at maybe a dozen.
    edited October 2011
    What good is a battle cloak that fails because of the narrator... I must have missed that episode of Star Trek. :eek:
    edited October 2011
    I recall several dev posts back when season 4 was released about how there is no longer a cloaking bug and that things are working as intended. It is intended (for story purposes and such) that whenever my tactical officer on my BOP needs to tell me something that he gets on a subspace loud speaker and makes sure taht everyone in the quadent hear's what he has to say because it is well know fact that most klingons are in fact deaf!

So obvioulsy if Cryptic has already told us this is not a bug, there is not going to be any "fix" regardless of how often we attempt to bring it back to their attention. :eek:
    edited October 2011
    Xablis wrote:
    I recall several dev posts back when season 4 was released about how there is no longer a cloaking bug and that things are working as intended. It is intended (for story purposes and such) that whenever my tactical officer on my BOP needs to tell me something that he gets on a subspace loud speaker and makes sure taht everyone in the quadent hear's what he has to say because it is well know fact that most klingons are in fact deaf!

So obvioulsy if Cryptic has already told us this is not a bug, there is not going to be any "fix" regardless of how often we attempt to bring it back to their attention. :eek:

QFT. It is apparently a hard thing to fix, so the "fix" is to tell us it isn't broken and is actually intended that our bridge officers can not talk to us without first turning the cloaking device off.

What hope do we really have with thinking like this...
    edited October 2011
    Well yes... Cryptic realized that cloak in a primarily klingon feature and just decidet to consider the bug as intendet so they wouldnt have to put work there.
    And now they wonder why we do not really trust them any more.

I mean of course, Its completly logical if cloak my ship to avoid enemy detection to have it decloaked the very second my BO reports the enemy i want to hide from arrives. Completly logical.
    edited October 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    iirc one of the devs said that it wasn't an easy fix, and was going to take a while, but that they were hoping to fix it asap.

They also said the KDF was going to have full PvE content before launch...
    And Season 4 was going to bring lots of new Klingon content...
    And the next Featured Episodes would be in September...
    need I go on...?
    Maybe in 2012, if they have nothing else to do...
    edited October 2011
    It was easy to break so it should be easy to fix. Of course with stahl gone maybe the lies will stop.
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now would be the perfect time to fix this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could swear my starter ship did not de-cloak while scanning and on big dialogue windows.
  • grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope, it does de-cloak as usual.
  • kerryleblanckerryleblanc Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    It's even worse now, now BOP can't cloak in battle they must have used other ship data for bop's and they want us to spend money of the Klingon faction yea right, if they can't fix it then dump the game and quit wasting our time, or get rid of the lazy programmers and hire some real programmers