test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just bought the Starter pack

osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I broke my vow never to buy any thing form the C-store but after the most epic job they have done with Legacey of Romulous i could not help but to by the starter pack as way of saying thanx
Post edited by osena109 on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Starter pack isn't in the cstore so you didn't break your vow.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Starter pack isn't in the cstore so you didn't break your vow.

That is a plus :D
  • mosquito214mosquito214 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I justified buying the Starter Pack because this is easily an entire expansion pack's worth of content. If this were, say, WoW, they'd be charging $30-50 for it.
  • shadowhearttshadowheartt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need a klingon equivalent ship added to it and now a romulan one as well
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couldn't afford the Legacy Pack, but was able to buy the Starter Pack.

Just wonder why the transfer didn't go through? :confused:
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the Legacy Pack.....

>_>

<_<

What?

(Seriously though, the Romulan expansion is awesome, and I haven't really spent any money since my beta LifeTime Sub so I figured I was due a splurge.)
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    I could not resist either. That way I see it I am getting B'Rel replacement + starter ship, BO and 2 BO slots for $20. That alone qualifies as content apart from leveling Rom. This will be my lulz/griefing boat for fresh 50 Feds with BC err Roms.

Well played devs ... well played :)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I brought a lifetime subscription instead :D

300 bones on a free to play game thats cool dos it give you any thing?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    All of this and this, and everything under the Gold category here. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »

It didn't used to be f2p and most people buy it on sale for $199. If you have questions about the perks, search the website next time before posting.
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured the starter pack was worth it as it came with the ship I wanted.

The reman Borg boff from the starter pack is account wide, were as when you get it from the c-store its per character.

/\
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it will be sweet having the full selection of romulan ships available without having to use ingame resources... and the retrofits... ^^

+ combined with air land battle i pretty much have myself covered for the rest of the year as far as playthings go.....
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was actually really close to hitting the button for the Legacy... but I just couldn't do it since I really just hate the whole concept of D'Tan and his bunny Republic.

Dammit Cryptic, we could have had a thing if you stuck with the RSE! :mad:
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ussboleyn wrote: »
    I figured the starter pack was worth it as it came with the ship I wanted.

The reman Borg boff from the starter pack is account wide, were as when you get it from the c-store its per character.

I purchased the Legacy Pack, figure I have extra spending cash, so why not spend it on something I am playing almost every day.

By the way how do I change my title from Career officer to Romulan Survivor - looking all over the interface to change it and cannot find the feature, odd.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    By the way how do I change my title from Career officer to Romulan Survivor - looking all over the interface to change it and cannot find the feature, odd.
    You click on Edit Your Avatar at the top left of the forum. Near the bottom will be a selection of Titles yo can choose from.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You click on Edit Your Avatar at the top left of the forum. Near the bottom will be a selection of Titles yo can choose from.

Thanks mate, forgot it was at the top left corner, it has been awhile, lol.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I bought the Legacy Pack.....

>_>

<_<

What?

(Seriously though, the Romulan expansion is awesome, and I haven't really spent any money since my beta LifeTime Sub so I figured I was due a splurge.)

I too am a Lifer and I too could not resist. In fact I bought the Starter Pack and a few days later decided to buyt the Legacy Pack. THis is stupid but I couldn't resist.:D

After having spent the last few weeks on Tribble I finally got to lvl 50 yesterday and got myself a T'varo retrofit. I really love it.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • solidagesolidage Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was a $40-$60 option with some of the same stuff from the two packs mixed and matched.
    Regardless, I did buy the $20 pack and will probably spend another $30 in the store upon release for various things.
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I think they would have sold a lot of $60.00 Packs if they'd have offered them. I think by only having a basic and complete Pack they cut out a lot of middle-ground people.
  • solidagesolidage Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I agree. I think they would have sold a lot of $60.00 Packs if they'd have offered them. I think by only having a basic and complete Pack they cut out a lot of middle-ground people.

I will say that you get a lot for the $125 and I would have done it, if I didn't just give Cryptic $200 for Neverwinter :D
    edited May 2013
    I never did start as a Romulan, but when I do, I survive even a Supernova Experience, Stay Thirsty my friends - MIM
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been a lifer since the first day they were offered and never regretted it even though I didn't have my favorite fRaction to play.

Been a whale of a supporter of STO over the years and never regretted it even though I didn't have my favorite fRaction to play.

Bought the Legacy pack to go with finally being able to play my favorite fRaction and I am going to enjoy the heck out of it! :D
  • itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll probably pick up the Starter Pack. The Legacy pack is a bit more than I have budgeted for games at the moment.

I wouldn't have any problem with $49.99-$59.99 for a mid-level pack that had the TOS uniforms and maybe another ship or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought the Start Pack a few weeks ago... couldn't justify the Legacy pack at the time.

Happy all the same... :D